[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Newbie Welcome Thread

rajncajn

I'm gonna call him Slayer :wacko:

Zooty the Abominable Snowman: [holding Slayer, whose shirt makes him look like a rabbit] Oh, what a cute little pink bunny rabbit!

[cradling Slayer]

Zooty the Abominable Snowman: Just what I always wanted. My own little bunny rabbit. I will name him Slayer, and I will hug him and pet him and squeeze him...

Slayer: I'm not a bunny rabbit...

Zooty the Abominable Snowman: ...and pat him and pet him and...

Slayer: You're hurting me. Put me down, please.

Zooty the Abominable Snowman: ...and rub him and caress him and...

Slayer: [shouts] I ain't no bunny rabbit!

ok... I'll play

Who: Dcat (Dave C.)

What: long time Jets fan and 25 year season ticket holder

When: 48 (going on 28).

Where: Northern NJ. Grew up in Queens & Long Island, NY

Why: Why what?

Fantasy Bio: Been playing FF for 9 years. Commish my own 3 leagues for the past 6 years. Joined the Huddle this year after getting sick of the nonsense on a couple of different popular free sites. Play in 5 leagues, including the 3 I commish. Try to keep my leagues engaging and have had very little turnover in 5 years. In fact, I have a wait list of 4 people waiting to get in. Have people play from all over the world... from Thailand, Netherlands, England side by side with several friends and neighbors on my block and my oldest son. Try to keep the format unique and challenging. Roster requirements should be challenging enough for everyone to say ouch on bye weeks. We play QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX (RB/WR/TE), K, Defensive team, DL, LB, LB, DB, DB. Teams are allowed to keep up to 3 rookies they drafted or traded for from previous seasons. Puts a premium on rookie backs in our drafts. (i.e right now my keepers in one of my leagues are Chris Johnson, DeAngelo Williams and Roy Williams.) Once a drafted rookie is dropped, he reverts to the ordinary pool of players. As long as he is retained, or traded and retained by another team, he maintains his "Rookie Keeper" status indefinitely.

Other: Married 22 years... 3 kids: 2 sons: 19 & 12 and 1 daughter: 17

--------------------

ok... I'll play

Who: Dcat (Dave C.)

What: long time Jets fan and 25 year season ticket holder

When: 48 (going on 28).

Where: Northern NJ. Grew up in Queens & Long Island, NY

Why: Why what?

Fantasy Bio: Been playing FF for 9 years. Commish my own 3 leagues for the past 6 years. Joined the Huddle this year after getting sick of the nonsense on a couple of different popular free sites. Play in 5 leagues, including the 3 I commish. Try to keep my leagues engaging and have had very little turnover in 5 years. In fact, I have a wait list of 4 people waiting to get in. Have people play from all over the world... from Thailand, Netherlands, England side by side with several friends and neighbors on my block and my oldest son. Try to keep the format unique and challenging. Roster requirements should be challenging enough for everyone to say ouch on bye weeks. We play QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX (RB/WR/TE), K, Defensive team, DL, LB, LB, DB, DB. Teams are allowed to keep up to 3 rookies they drafted or traded for from previous seasons. Puts a premium on rookie backs in our drafts. (i.e right now my keepers in one of my leagues are Chris Johnson, DeAngelo Williams and Roy Williams.) Once a drafted rookie is dropped, he reverts to the ordinary pool of players. As long as he is retained, or traded and retained by another team, he maintains his "Rookie Keeper" status indefinitely.

Other: Married 22 years... 3 kids: 2 sons: 19 & 12 and 1 daughter: 17

--------------------

Watch out for Rovers.

Edited by Chief Dick

Is that like an infant alert? Lemme guess... either one of those bandwagon Pats fans or an old time Dolphins or Raiduhs fan.

Rovers is our resident die hard Jets fan. Im from Waldwick by the way Northern NJ representing

Is that like an infant alert? Lemme guess... either one of those bandwagon Pats fans or an old time Dolphins or Raiduhs fan.

Another die hard Jets fan! Welcome! Take a look at this thread if you want to know why they warned you....

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=294806

I'm not a real good FF player... I win some, but meh... but when it comes to the Jets, I'm usually pretty spot on. What section are you in? Ever frequent the GangGreen Jets fan site? My screen name there is Thunderbird Jet. We just might even have a good team this year...

PS: I am on page 9 of this thread, post 219. Time goes by fast.

Edited by Rovers

Who: insideout33,abandoned raider/rams fan. maybe jaguars next?!?!?

What: own a couple restaurants

When: 39 yrs of age.

Where: born n raised in LA, LA land

Why: a wife, three girls and a mortgage. that's why

Fantasy Bio: Been playing FF for 12 yrs, been a Huddler for 7 or so years... don't recall my original screen name and re-upped back in '03. play in one money league with friends from grade school. defending champ., have one it twice. always make the playoffs! :wacko:

not as much into it as i was as a single guy, but still love it and look forward to september every year

Edited by insideout33

I'm new here too.

Who: AtomicCEO, lifelong Chargers fan

What: College student, and I get mad tail everywhere

When: 21 yo

Where: Vancouver, BC

Why: I have no wife or kids, and I am free as a bird

Fantasy Bio: I play in only one free league, and I don't take it too seriously, because my life is a big party filled with loose women and all night raves.

I'm new here too.

Who: AtomicCEO, lifelong Chargers fan

What: College student, and I get mad tail everywhere

When: 21 yo

Where: Vancouver, BC

Why: I have no wife or kids, and I am free as a bird

Fantasy Bio: I play in only one free league, and I don't take it too seriously, because my life is a big party filled with loose women and all night raves.

None of which are true :wacko:

Who: Dell, Steelers fan

What: Army guy (almost a civilian again)

When: 24 Single guy no kids.....that i know of

Why: love football and it seems that this is one of the last spots of freedom i have away from the lady

Where: CBS private league

BIO: Been doing FF for about 6 years. Just joined the huddle because I am in my 6th year of the same league with some buddies back home and have yet to win the league. I know my football but I also am not too proud to admit there are some much smarter people out there with a way higher football IQ :-P.

Who: Dell, Steelers fan

What: Army guy (almost a civilian again)

When: 24 Single guy no kids.....that i know of

Why: love football and it seems that this is one of the last spots of freedom i have away from the lady

Where: CBS private league

BIO: Been doing FF for about 6 years. Just joined the huddle because I am in my 6th year of the same league with some buddies back home and have yet to win the league. I know my football but I also am not too proud to admit there are some much smarter people out there with a way higher football IQ :-P.

Thank you for your service. :wacko::D:D

Who: cap'n grunge - bleeder of purple, enemy of cheeseheads, & MH legend

What: Financial Analyst for a Multi-State Healthcare System. Married, no kids, one very cool cat.

When: 29 yrs old. Hit the big 3-0 this fall.

Where: Phoenix, land of the eternal sun, via God's country: Fargo, ND via Grand Forks, ND via NW Minnesota. (No, not everybody in that neck of the woods talks or acts like the movie Fargo, which would have been more aptly titled, Wisconsin brow )

Why: What can I say? It's a Sickness! (Hence my FF team name)

Fantasy Bio: This will be my 5th season playing FF. Started out with a local work league, found the Huddle, and branched out to online leagues. Much more success in the local league (one championship and one 2nd place) then online as the level of competition here is tremendous. This fall I plan to be in:

1) Local League (10 or 12 team auction redraft)

2) BOTH league = BOTNH (12 team, up to 3 keeper)

3) BOTH league = 32 Homers, a unique 32 team league where you can be a true homer and manage your respective home team. Proud to say I was involved in the initial concept. I've seen more and more of these 32 team leagues floating around on the net since.

4) BOTH league = the Corleone Family (12 team auction league)

5) Interboard Challenge = 5 FF sites (thehuddle, FFToday, FBG, FSW, and the Warroom) each pit 12 of their members in a massive FF free for fall. The object is not only to come out on top, but also to win the honors of site champion. The Huddle is working on a 3peat this fall. thumbs_u

Update:

Add 2 little girls (4yr old and 4mo old), subtract 1 cat (RIP Walter), subtract all 5 leagues above, and down to 2 BOTH leagues (NORRIS and Late Bloomers).

Oh yeah, add one Cheesehead to my favorite NFL team.

Who: Bier Meister

What: Psychotherapist turned chef....f'n dreamer!

When: 34 (and feeling every year)

Where: From San Francisco, live in Breckenridge. big time Bay Area homer (Giants, 49ers, Sharks, and :cough: Warriors)

Why:like to see different opinions about misc sports topic (and other topics), and to meet other people equally enthusiastic about football.

FF History: been at the huddle 3 or 4 years...it's starting to blurrrrr

1 local league (redraft): 10 years (3 championships, 2 2nd place finsihes, several other playoff births)

1 local league (keeper): i think we are heading into our 5th year. had to rebuild my team. now one of the best (1 playoff birth)

P&H (dynasty): entering our 3rd crazed year. 1st year finished 2nd. last year edge and warner killed me....finised 7th

Abearwithfurnature (redraft): entering our 3rd year. 1st year finished in the middle of the pack. Last year 4th (f'n hasslett/DM)

AFL (keeper): Took over for an owner who dropped out 5 games into last year. Finsihed middle of the pack. made some solid trades. can now choose 3 from garcia, a green, driver, stallworth, bruce, moss.

FAART (redraft): 1 year history. placed 2nd with a lousy performance by DM.

Edit: I started around 93....so that made it 10 years not 8....memory is going.

damn time flies!

P&H- dynasty

DOH!- keeper

32 homers- keeper

AY2FDCBM- auction

Cork it!- redraft

ROFL- dyanasty

FTR- keeper

random jerks- redraft (WCOFF)

Another die hard Jets fan! Welcome! Take a look at this thread if you want to know why they warned you....

I'm not a real good FF player... I win some, but meh... but when it comes to the Jets, I'm usually pretty spot on. What section are you in? Ever frequent the GangGreen Jets fan site? My screen name there is Thunderbird Jet. We just might even have a good team this year...

Hi Rovers. The way they warned me I thought you were one of those bandwagon Pats fans that think they know it all. I usually sit in 135. Tomorrow I'll be in 338. Next year I'm in 245a. I post in JI not Ganggreen. Also NYjetschat.com and believe it or not, usenet at a.s.p.f.ny-j

Who: Kamikaze_sensei, die hard Raider fan, no matter how much they suck

What: College Freshman at WSU

When: 17, I know, crazy right?.

Where: WA, the great Northwest, but lived most of my life in California.

Why: um, Cuz football is just so freaking awesome, and Fantasy just takes it to the next level.

Fantasy Bio: Been playing in a family league for about 4-5 years. We've had the huddle for most of it, and finally decided to make myself a forum account. Not too experienced in big leagues, since we only have 8 team leagues, but still consider myself decent.

Odd place for the welcome thread but w/e. That's me in a nutshell.

Who: Kamikaze_sensei, die hard Raider fan, no matter how much they suck

What: College Freshman at WSU

When: 17, I know, crazy right?.

Where: WA, the great Northwest, but lived most of my life in California.

Why: um, Cuz football is just so freaking awesome, and Fantasy just takes it to the next level.

Fantasy Bio: Been playing in a family league for about 4-5 years. We've had the huddle for most of it, and finally decided to make myself a forum account. Not too experienced in big leagues, since we only have 8 team leagues, but still consider myself decent.

Odd place for the welcome thread but w/e. That's me in a nutshell.

I praise Allah every day that you are here. :wacko:

Thank you for your service. :D:D:D

+ :D

Hi Rovers. The way they warned me I thought you were one of those bandwagon Pats fans that think they know it all. I usually sit in 135. Tomorrow I'll be in 338. Next year I'm in 245a. I post in JI not Ganggreen. Also NYjetschat.com and believe it or not, usenet at a.s.p.f.ny-j

That would be Ugly Tuna :wacko:

Who: Ruffian

What: Steelers fan, Pittsburgh native and retired rugger

When: 36 (Bettis' #...coincidence? I think not.)

Where: Steeltown, baby

Why: Why not?

Fantasy Bio: FF for ten years. Two titles in the big leagues. Three in minor leagues. Huddler through and through.

Other: Married for 8 years. Two kids...my son is six (and is playing flag football already) and my daughter is 20 months old.

• 11 months later...

Who: MoOnshine, a.k.a Cash Money

What: Lions fan, follow the Eagles because I'm from Philly, but really just love football

When: 17 years old

Where: Near Philly

Why: Need a place to talk FF and ask for advice if I need it

Fantasy Bio: Been playing for about 5-6 years now, been successful, I usually hit in the 1st round and have a bad rest of the draft (2006: took LT and took Daunte Culpepper in the 2nd round).

Who: MoOnshine, a.k.a Cash Money

What: Lions fan, follow the Eagles because I'm from Philly, but really just love football

When: 17 years old

Where: Near Philly

Why: Need a place to talk FF and ask for advice if I need it

Fantasy Bio: Been playing for about 5-6 years now, been successful, I usually hit in the 1st round and have a bad rest of the draft (2006: took LT and took Daunte Culpepper in the 2nd round).

Whoa :wacko: Young buck you're starting this old man lifestyle too early go get drunk and get laid already!! :tup:

Lol, look at what Seahawk37 said, #3 post in that thread