[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Newbie Welcome Thread

rajncajn

Czarina:

Huh, I never posted in this thread. I guess that's because I've been ignoring it.   wink  

Who: Czarina, a very happy Pats Fan

What: Clinical Social Worker, currently doing hospice work part-time. I spend the rest of my time chasing my two boys around. They're 8 and 5.

When: 40 ::argh:: Some day soon I'm going to have to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.

Where: New Hampshire

Why: Why? You have to ask why?

Fantasy Bio: Been playing FF for about 5 years or so. Grew up watching football, started kibbitzing over hubby's shoulder several years ago when he started playing. Got my own team and it hasn't been the same since. Won my local redraft Super Bowl last year, came in 2nd this year. Finally had a decent season in the PnH dynasty league this year. I think I became addicted to the Huddle boards during the 2000 presidential campaign, the Tailgate was hopping those days.    thumbs_u  

Welcome, newbie! wink

• 2 months later...
Kansas State 2000:

Let keep this one alive, we don't want another lost thread like Zander666 or what ever the hell his name was.

computer It was Zander666 (#1169). And you will need to bump it again after June 1.

who- chief, nic given to me by friends, father of 3, married but refuse to be buried.

what- plumber, no crack here, btw, carpenters are the real culprits.

when- 36 years young

where- michigan,between flint & detroit in the country and love it. go blue, and go lions

why- live, eat, and breathe football, fantasy for 7 yrs, haven't won it all yet, mostly 2nd's and 3rd's in our dynasty league that i commish for. it's a family affair with our relatives in maryland. it keeps us all close, get bragging rights, only downfall was my wife won it like 3 outta the first 4 yrs. talk about not hearing the end of anything, lose to your wife,,,,,, ugh

plus she's a 49's fan. me and 2 my brothers, my 2 sons love mich, my traitor daughter loves mich state as well as my one wimpy girlish brother.

for our draft we meet in pa every year to do it in person, nothing better than camping, trading, talking smack, and roasting marshmellows.

• 2 months later...

Who: Rudi Rudi Rudi a nonmedicated, untreatable, hopelessly devoted Bengal fan.

What: Accountant from 8-5 husband and father of two great kids 8-6 (boy-girl respectively). I'm an ex-every sport athelete but still golf, curl and fish when possible. Fantasy football time is found early mornings, when the boss isn't looking and latenights...ok I'm obsessed. I admitted it does that help?

When: 41 :newly turned:

Where: Saskatchewan, Canada

Why: Not sure.

Fantasy Bio: Been playing FF for about 10 or so years. I've won a few that I shouldn't have and lost a few that I should've won walking away.

I love this hobby and watching mucho football (any and every game), ain't half bad either.

You guys seem to have a good thing going here! I don't post much (mostly due to the time factor), but read most and will add my two bits every so often.

My 2 cents,

Who:slambo, major fan of the sport of football!.

What:a former systems administrator(unix) of 20 years that took the generous layoff package my last company offered and left the corporate world. Have now been self employed for about two years. Now spend my time landscaping and upgrading my property, gardening, and not dealing with commute traffic.

When:46

Where:slambodia turns out to be within 10 miles of Oaklend, CA. Its also within fifty yards of the Hayward Fault.

Why: :rolleyes::D

Fantasy Bio:Started in the mid to late eighties when my dad asked me to run a team for him in a TD only league where he worked. He knew little about football and wanted to be part of the gang. About six years ago started playing in multiple leagues, all redraft. Have been the commissioner of a 10 team local live redraft money league for four years and play in many online leagues. Last year I played in eight leagues and made the playoffs in all of them. Went 2-6 wk15 and then 0-2 superbowl week. doah I've been getting into keeper leagues this year and purchased an orpahned team at dreamsports.com and joined an espn 3yr keeper league with online buddies. Have been coming to TheHuddle since 2001 and joined in 2002. Hung around reading the boards and getting a feel for Huddler etiquette, who was worth reading(the majority of you), and identifying the trolls. Started posting last year, while I'm not the most prolific, I do try to help when I have something to offer. Its a great place to hang out. :rolleyes:

regards :D

Edited by slambo

Who: Scourge.. Eagles fan and season ticket holder.

What: Systems Administrator for a prominent engineering firm.

When: 30 Years old, I have a beautiful wife and 1 year old son.

Where: Philly burbs. All my life, GO EAGLES!!

Why: I was looking for an alternative site for reference and updates, The Huddle seemed the way to go. Plus it is a lot cheaper than Fanball.com.

Fantasy Bio: I have been playing FF for 8 years now. I have made the playoffs every year but have only won one championship. I play in one league now and it is the one I run. It is an extremely competetive league. All 10 owners have been playing for 5 years or more. I am not afraid to take chances with trades and I am on top of my game with evaluating free agent players.

I just signed up on Friday the 2nd of July.. I look forward to hanging out with you crazy bastrds all year..

Who: Ultra-Crazed Cowboy Fan

What: Systems Analyst by day, Mad Gamer by night.

When: Let's just say, "Old as Dirt"

Where: Tucson, but desperately seeking a move to the coast, any coast

Why: Cuz I'm a Cowboy for life....

Fantasy Bio: Was introduced to the Fantasy game four years ago. This will be my second year with the Huddle.

Who: TitansFan

What: student, FF and video game addict

When: 16 years old (youngest one here?)

Where: Nebraska

Why: must you ask?

Fantasy Bio: helped/teamed with my dad in local league for 4 years, placed in money all 4 years; huddle member for 4 years and board member for 1

Not the greatest credentials, but not too shabby for being 16 years old.

Who: a sad, pathetic Lions fan

What: accountant by day, pothead by night. used to play any and all sports, now I'm too **** old and have to settle for golf, softball and the occasional ping-pong match

When: 35, married, 1st kid due in November (boy head_ban ), 2 dogs

Where: NW suburb of Detroit

Why: because the voices tell me to

Fantasy Bio: been playing 6 years now, commissioner of a local league, play a few others online, haven't won a **** thing. Sure, I'll go 11-2 or 10-3 but then get beat by the team that sneaks into the playoffs. I'll probably make the playoffs in 80-90% of the leagues I've been in but always get screwed come championship game. One of these days..... wall_bas

Been on this site for 3 years now, I think, but didn't even visit the MB until last year. Post very little but that may change.

lionfan:

Fantasy Bio: been playing 6 years now, commissioner of a local league, play a few others online, haven't won a **** thing.  Sure, I'll go 11-2 or 10-3 but then get beat by the team that sneaks into the playoffs.  I'll probably make the playoffs in 80-90% of the leagues I've been in but always get screwed come championship game.  One of these days.....    wall_bas  

I hear you - once you (routinely) get to the playoffs through hard work, stellar drafting/trading, etc., it can feel like it's much more luck than skill. Unless you DRAFT with the playoffs in mind - maybe something to think about. The trick is to somehow balance that with making sure you make it to the playoffs first (OK, just "increasing the odds" of making it.) That part still eludes me....

Who: Vikings fan (season tickets) and anyone beating the Slackers

What: Sr System Engineer for a local Medical Health System

When: 33 going on 10 coach football play golf, softball, and hockey. Most importantly 2 kids: Ayden and Isabella.

Where: Up north where it is cold enough to curl, but not a Canuck.

Why: Masochistic

FF Bio: 12 years and running. 4 Championships in a keeper league, 2 championships in a redraft league, 1 championship in a Vikings keeper league, and 1 championship in the The Corleone Family league on the Huddle site. Been a Huddler for 3 years now. Fell out of touch with the The Corleone Family league last season after the second week due to family concerns.

TitansFan:

Who: TitansFan

What: student, FF and video game addict

When: 16 years old (youngest one here?)

Where: Nebraska

Why: must you ask?

Fantasy Bio: helped/teamed with my dad in local league for 4 years, placed in money all 4 years; huddle member for 4 years and board member for 1

Not the greatest credentials, but not too shabby for being 16 years old.

Being 16 I am not sure you are here legally??

but my guess is even at 16 you will act older then some people some of the times and most people all of the time brow

Who - Vet, long suffering Jets fan (is there any other kind?)

What - Equity analyst; Dad to two boys, ages 5 and 2.

Where - Connecticut.

When - 36 yrs and counting.

Why - I don't know.

Fantasy Bio - 21st year in the same dynasty league; horrible for the first several years; dominated regular season through most of the 90's (thank you Emmitt), but never won the big one. Finally broke through in '99, then won it again in '01 before my team got old. Now back in a re-building phase. Does anyone really read these things?

Coffeeman:

lionfan:

Fantasy Bio: been playing 6 years now, commissioner of a local league, play a few others online, haven't won a **** thing.  Sure, I'll go 11-2 or 10-3 but then get beat by the team that sneaks into the playoffs.  I'll probably make the playoffs in 80-90% of the leagues I've been in but always get screwed come championship game.  One of these days.....     wall_bas    

I hear you - once you (routinely) get to the playoffs through hard work, stellar drafting/trading, etc., it can feel like it's much more luck than skill. Unless you DRAFT with the playoffs in mind - maybe something to think about. The trick is to somehow balance that with making sure you make it to the playoffs first (OK, just "increasing the odds" of making it.) That part still eludes me.... Waiver wire was the key for me. thumbs_u