[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Newbie Welcome Thread

rajncajn

huskers-n-golf

Huddler

Member # 11146

posted 07-07-2004 10:44 PM                        

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

who- saints fan

what-carpneter father of two 9 and 1

where- Nebraska hence the name

when- 33 now FF for five years from last first year to thank god for the huddle last two years

why- Just when golf gets over thank god for football --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 1 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged |  

Shouldn't that read: now FF for five years from last first year to thank god for Phat1 drafting my team the last two years

angry

thinking Although I did use Huddle resources to do it.

Boy, I've been slipping on the football board. Oh well, better late than never...

Who: TDFFFreak, faithful Eagles fan.

What: Media Negotiator and all-around nice guy.

When: One year older than Atomic.

Where: California now, but born and bred in Delaware just south of Philly.

Why: I dunno, you gotta do something...

Fantasy Bio: Playing for many years, but probably got more serious about it the year I joined the Huddle (and that was before it was a pay site.) Oddly enough, I have made it to many fantasy bowls, but never won it all. Hoping 2004 will be my year.

Who: lynch Bengals Fan

What: Secretary (That's my actual title, doing this while wife gets her masters)

When: 25

Where: Oklahoma (from KY)

Why: Is there enough information to be shared about Fantasy Football.

Fantasy Bio: I started playing fantasy when I was 10 and have been hooked ever since. Most of my family is into fantasy sports and we used to play together.

• 2 weeks later...

Who: sixxgunn,unfortunately a passionate Bears fan

What: QC Tech for Sanford(SHARPIE'S ROCK!)

When: 33

Where: Chicago

Why: This question should be deleted...

Fantasy Bio: Playing for 7 years,2 Fantasy Bowl appearances,1 win cool_thu ,1 loss(duh) angry ,never missed the playoffs,but had Brad Johnson the year he threw himself a TD(propelled me to the playoffs) :D

Who: bboru - one of the GMen faithful

What: Info Sec

When: As old as the Superbowl

Where: Old Dominion

Why: Because I can. Anything else beyond that needed? wink

Fantasy Bio: Been playing FF for 9 yrs. I'm new to the Huddle.

Who: T-Scorp- Life long Vikings fan

What: Business Banker, married with 3 kids, daughters Sidney (4) and Peyton (2) and son Eli (4 months) Believe it or not my wife who hates football picked out the names Peyton and Eli. (she had no clue about the Manning brothers until it was too late)and yes I did tell her on both occasions but she really liked the names.

When: Same age as the Superbowl!

Where: Brainerd, MN (home of Paul Bunyan)

Why: I knew I could coach better than Denny Green!

Fantasy Bio: Been playing since 1994, and am in 3 leagues (redraft, auction, and keeper) I have won 9 Championships and have been with the Huddle since it was free. This is first year on the boards.

Who: BS = Beer Swilling. Miscreant? look it up.

What: HS Teacher, coach, personal trainer

When: 1968

Where: Now? Tampa, FL. Until Tampa? Army brat

Why: Chicks! Isn't that why we do everything?

Fantasy Bio: I've been in a menage a trois with a buddy and a chick as well as two chicks. I like "happy endings", brown eye and video cameras.

who-Ziachild007 - Texans faithful....Cowboy hater

what- FF addict during the day, pappy to 3yr old princess (with another on the way) & hubby at night , Oilfield sales when free time permits

where- Texas by way of New Mexico

when- 27 or 28....stopped keeping track after 21

why- was in the Huddle years ago, but changed e-mails & accounts, so started fresh last year. I only missed out on the money in two of the eight years I have been playing, coincidentally the two years I was away from the Huddle, so now I am back and looking forward to a season of great advice and humorous wit from the rest of the gang

FF Bio- have been playing ff for 8 years now, with success mostly in redraft leagues, converted to keeper leagues this year. I have posted a winning record every year I have played except two. I have been commissioner of my local leagues every year, but expanding my horizons this year and joined the "12 Men in the Huddle" BOTH league, a dynasty league, and and additional keeper league.

BS Miscreant:

Apologies to anyone I may have offended with my Fantasy Bio.

We weren't offended, it was more like disgusted and confused: disgusted that your buddy's brown eye gave you a happy ending and confused that you wanted to tell us about it. shrug

wiegie:

BS Miscreant:

Apologies to anyone I may have offended with my Fantasy Bio.

We weren't offended, it was more like disgusted and confused: disgusted that your buddy's brown eye gave you a happy ending and confused that you wanted to tell us about it. shrug lol

who- Packers fan (minus the cheesehead)

where- 30 miles from GB

when- Three years?????? Not sure, I usually sit back and listen and try to separate the bs from the goog stuff

why- It beats listening to her rag on me

Didn't know about this until now (haven't been posting much this summer)...

Who: Bill Swerski. Long-time Bears and recent (bandwagon) Colts fan

What: Bioanalytical/Bioinorganic Chemist, soon-to-be married, and the owner of two cats

When: 29 years old

Where: From suburban Chicago and currently in suburban Indy

Why: Because I looooove Pro Football

Fantasy Bio: Beginning my 7th year of FF. Have one championship and four bowl appearances under my belt. Run a keeper league (entering its 3rd season) and am a member of the 12 Men in the Huddle BOTH league.

Sorry, trying to figure ot the system. Anyway, 35 years old, Allentown, PA area. Raiders fan. Playing for seven years and my worst moment was a few years ago when I was in the superbowl only to get smoked by Tim Dwight (then with the Falcons) on a Monday against the Niners. Never actually took the title home but have made the playoffs five of seven years.

Who: TDtrain - Packer fan still hanging on to my child love affiar with the Cowboys though

What: Underwriter

Where: Sheboygan area

When almost 30

why football fanatic!!!

Been playing for 10 years joined the huddle 5 years ago and started winning championships so I never left. Been lurking the boards since year 1 and decided to add some input

Who: Jets fan, VietNam era vet, Irish history and culture fanatic.

What: Drive a subway train in the biggest terrorist target in the good 'ol USofA.

When: Aint 50 yet, but old enough for spinal fusion surgery! ACK!

Where: In case you dont know already, New York.

Why: Thought I needed more ammo to defend my title! :D

Bio: Got back into FF 4 years ago. Was in a league for 4 years back in the heydays of Ricky Waters and Steve Young. I usually make the playoffs, and have 2 titles under my belt, including 2003.

You guys are going to get sick of me here..... I'm waiting on spinal fusion surgery, and I am not working. Cant do much but I can still type! :D Great way to pass the time, great site! Slainte!

PS: I like to limit myself to one team, one league. I know guys that field more than that, but last year it came down to him being in 2 Super Bowls, and the same player who won one for him, beat him in the other league. Kinda like kissing your cousin, eh?

Who: Harry. H- Pats fan

What: Systems Analyst / Married with 2 boys 5 and 8

When: 34 years old today 35 tommorrow

Where: From North of Boston, MA

Why: FOOTBALL do I need to say more.

Fantasy Bio: Been playing FF 4yrs and I play more teams every year. I think im addicted :D This is my first year in this league. I dfont think ill tell the wife ive joined one more league. :D

Who: Ruffian

What: Assistant Principal @ HS

Where: Pittsburgh, PA

Why: Why not?

FF BIO: I have been involved for five years with FFLs. My most recent championship came last year in a ten team performance system.

Always willing to share my opinion. Mostly in the Pro Football and Tailgate forums.

• 3 weeks later...
who- Packers fan (minus the cheesehead)

where- 30 miles from GB

when- Three years?????? Not sure, I usually sit back and listen and try to separate the bs from the goog stuff

why- It beats listening to her rag on me

36107[/snapback]

Excellent. Just excellent. :D

Who: Jets fan, VietNam era vet, Irish history and culture fanatic.

What: Drive a subway train in the biggest terrorist target in the good 'ol USofA.

When: Aint 50 yet, but old enough for spinal fusion surgery! ACK!

Where: In case you dont know already, New York.

Why: Thought I needed more ammo to defend my title!  :D

Bio: Got back into FF 4 years ago. Was in a league for 4 years back in the heydays of Ricky Waters and Steve Young. I usually make the playoffs, and have 2 titles under my belt, including 2003.

You guys are going to get sick of me here..... I'm waiting on spinal fusion surgery, and I am not working. Cant do much but I can still type!  :D  Great way to pass the time, great site! Slainte!

PS: I like to limit myself to one team, one league. I know guys that field more than that, but last year it came down to him being in 2 Super Bowls, and the same player who won one for him, beat him in the other league. Kinda like kissing your cousin, eh?

323447[/snapback]

Good luck with the surgery.