[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

National Championship predictions

Bushey

I see OU vs LSU or UF in the NC game. I hope its LSU, because I dont want to see another Boise St game plan Urban is likely to put together.

We both know Stoops fears the hat.

During the last game of Miles' first season as head coach, OSU faced Oklahoma, who was ranked #4 in the nation. Despite the fact that OSU was facing Oklahoma on the road, Miles led his team to a 16-13 upset victory over the Sooners (who ended up finishing the season ranked #6 after winning the Cotton Bowl).

During Miles's second season, OSU again ended the regular season with a game against Oklahoma. This time Oklahoma was ranked the #3 team in the country. And yet again, Miles led his team to a 38-28 upset victory over the Sooners (who ended up finishing the season ranked #5 after winning the Rose Bowl). As a result of his performance during his second year, Miles was named the Big 12 Conference Coach of the Year by the Associated Press in 2002.

If Miles can out coach Stoops with the talent he had at Oklahoma State just imagine what he'll do to Stoops and his Sooners with LSU's talent. :D

Edited by Rockerbraves

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We both know Stoops fears the hat.

During the last game of Miles' first season as head coach, OSU faced Oklahoma, who was ranked #4 in the nation. Despite the fact that OSU was facing Oklahoma on the road, Miles led his team to a 16-13 upset victory over the Sooners (who ended up finishing the season ranked #6 after winning the Cotton Bowl).

During Miles's second season, OSU again ended the regular season with a game against Oklahoma. This time Oklahoma was ranked the #3 team in the country. And yet again, Miles led his team to a 38-28 upset victory over the Sooners (who ended up finishing the season ranked #5 after winning the Rose Bowl). As a result of his performance during his second year, Miles was named the Big 12 Conference Coach of the Year by the Associated Press in 2002.

If Miles can out coach Stoops with the talent he had at Oklahoma State just imagine what he'll do to Stoops and his Sooners with LSU's talent. :D

What happened the next few times Miles played Stoops boys. And get real, that is a rivalry game, that the kids won in spite of Les Miles, not because of him. Miles is a joke. How he got the LSU job still baffles people at Okie St. They wanted him gone when he left. Trust me, he will break your heart. If you are to stupid to see that, which there is no doubt in my mind you are, you will see it soon enough.

Please. USC has more talent at QB and WR this year than Oklahoma has ever had in the history of its program.

JG, you're such a homer it hurts the credibility of the rest of us USC fans here. I'm not sure if the young Trojans receivers this year are even better than the ones at OU, much less than the best that OU has ever had. C'mon, don't be so silly.

On the other hand, I feel much better after this Saturday's display, and think opposing D's will go crazy trying to stop both the run and the pass vs. the Trojans. The thing that people aren't realizing yet, outside of Pac10 homers like us, is the dominance of that O-line. I don't think Booty has even gotten his uny dirty yet in 3 games - nice.

And because of that protection + the run game + his own increasing confidence/awareness, Booty is so much more calm this year. He doesn't seem to get rattled at all. Unless he's knocked out the game, we have a chance to win, even those upcoming tough roadies with ORE and CAL.

Finally, the TE Fred Davis is a nice X-factor, as I'm not sure any LB in the country can keep up with him, and the DBs get just knocked down. Did anyone else see some of those stiff arms he put on people? Damn, he's fun to watch....

That's fine JG - I can respect your enthusiasm. I'm just more of the 'cautiously optomistic' type - I'll withhold judgement until after the OR and Cal games. If we win both of those on the road and go 12-0, I'll be just as pumped as anyone on our chances in the NC title game, no matter who we play down in the Big Easy....

Not enthusiasm, just facts. Fred Davis is a converted WR. If he played at Oklahoma, he would be its best WR. And John David Booty is better right now than any QB ever to have played for Oklahoma.

I think Oregon will be USC's toughest matchup. USC always has trouble against a QB who can pass and run, like Dixon. But, based on the Stanford game, it doesn't look like Oregon will be able to stop USC's offense.

Dude, you're officially off the reservation. How can you possibly think Booty is better than any QB OU has ever had when he's not even better than the freshman they currently have? Booty is ranked 84th in passing yards and 23rd in QB ranking. I'm all for loving your team and all, but come on.

Dude, you're officially off the reservation. How can you possibly think Booty is better than any QB OU has ever had when he's not even better than the freshman they currently have? Booty is ranked 84th in passing yards and 23rd in QB ranking. I'm all for loving your team and all, but come on.

Come on HJ, you're not really comparing the OU QB to Booty are you? :D He's got great potential but he hasn't faced a "real" defense, been in any adversity or played in a tough opposing stadium yet :D Where would Booty rank in passing yards if they played OU's schedule or if he could play a full 4 quarters? Take the blinders off ..............

Has Bradford finished a game? The answer to that is no. To say that Booty is better than any QB OU has ever had is incredibly obtuse. I put Booty in the same category as Colt McCoy. Way overrated. Remember, a lot of USC fans hailed Leinart as the greatest ever. He has yet to show us anything in the pros...unlike Young (as much as I hate to admit it).

Has Bradford finished a game? The answer to that is no. To say that Booty is better than any QB OU has ever had is incredibly obtuse. I put Booty in the same category as Colt McCoy. Way overrated. Remember, a lot of USC fans hailed Leinart as the greatest ever. He has yet to show us anything in the pros...unlike Young (as much as I hate to admit it).

I like seeing Haywood and The Prof in an online battle. You guys are tied for hot avatar bitches. As far as comparing Bradford and Booty, it is hard to compare the body of work of Bradford becuase he is a freshman. He wins a couple of big games, then we will see. So far, Booty hasn't done anything. He let Oregon State take away a shot at the NC game. So, he beat a massively under talented Michigan team last year. Big deal. That being said, I think he has looked great thus far, but if he doesn't lead this team to the NC game, he will be just an average QB.

Is anyone else just blown away on how humongous and USC is? They are gigantic and fast. I am not changing my OU / LSU NC game, but if USC rides the power game, nobody will be able to beat them.

Edited by Bushey

And for the record, I'm not hailing Bradford to be the next great college QB. He does look great thus far. I'm just saying I've seen nothing from Booty to make me believe he would be the greatest OU QB ever. Troy Aikman was there...he turned out pretty good. Heupel won us a national championship...he was pretty good. Jason White won the Heisman...he was pretty good too.

I'm not a homer at all and I resent your implications. He didn't say what WRs are better at this moment. He said USC doesn't have the talent at WR or QB to beat OK. USC's receivers are mostly young and inexperienced. They are looking pretty good and will be improving as the season goes on. By the time of the BCS game, I'm confident they will be rolling along. But talent? USC's No. 4 WR, Ronald Johnson, has more talent than any WR on Oklahoma's team. USC has four WRs and a TE who will be drafted in the NFL. Take your pick of any four WRs and TE in Oklahoma history and you wouldn't have the talent possessed by USC.

Malcom Kelly is better than any WR at USC since Keysahwn. He is the best WR in the nation. Do you even have a clue who is on the OU roster. Kelly is a top 5-10 pick when he goes pro. And you think those scrubs SC has now are better than Kelly. In fact OU's #2 Wr is better than anyone SC currently has. And I wouldnt trade the red shirt freshman QB for Matt Leinart, let alone that fraud Booty.

You are a clueless tool.

Those stats mean nothing. With inexperienced WRs, USC focused on running the ball the first two games. And running the ball was so successful that the Trojans didn't need to pass much. You saw last week what Booty can still do, complete 28 of 35 passes for 279 yards and four TDs. And that's with the WRs still learning.

Against who you idiot. Booty sucks, and shouldnt be starting at SC right now. Give it time, you will see yourself. Until then, you are just another clueless tool.

Against who you idiot. Booty sucks, and shouldnt be starting at SC right now. Give it time, you will see yourself. Until then, you are just another clueless tool.

C'mon Sarge - Booty doesn't suck, although I can agree he's not at Leinart's level yet - and neither of those guys had Palmer's arm. But he's getting better and more confident in his young WRs each week, with a calmness I didn't see last year. That O-line and run game is also way better than last year, adding to his success and confidence. (X-factors TE Davis and FB Havili both give us a dimension that we lacked last year too - Havili due to injury and Davis due to underuse, thanks to Lame Kiffin. I'm glad he's in Oakland now.)

I understand you and JG are in a pissing match that you hope can take over the whole board, but to that I say - grow up, both of you. Do you both lack attention, and need to find it here? Get a life and get help....

C'mon Sarge - Booty doesn't suck, although I can agree he's not at Leinart's level yet - and neither of those guys had Palmer's arm. But he's getting better and more confident in his young WRs each week, with a calmness I didn't see last year. That O-line and run game is also way better than last year, adding to his success and confidence. (X-factors TE Davis and FB Havili both give us a dimension that we lacked last year too - Havili due to injury and Davis due to underuse, thanks to Lame Kiffin. I'm glad he's in Oakland now.)

I understand you and JG are in a pissing match that you hope can take over the whole board, but to that I say - grow up, both of you. Do you both lack attention, and need to find it here? Get a life and get help....

Who names themself John Galt. Dude is a cupcake any way you slice it.

I dont think SC is nearly as good as they were in the Leinart days. And the QB anbd WR have alot to do with it. The SC running game is as solid as its been in previous yrs, but you saw yourself vs UCLA, Booty couldnt get it done when he had to. When the time comes this yr, you will see it again. He is a front runner Qb, and the QB and WR play isnt strong enough to bring this team back late in the game, vs a solid team. I expect Cal and Oregon to test them, and it wouldnt surprise me to see SC lose to UCLA either. Im not saying they lose a single game, which they shouldnt. But Booty under the pressure of a top 5 team in a bowl game, when he is not used to it, will crumble imo. I still think SC is a top 2 team, and their D is as legit. This is no pissing match vs SC, I respect Carroll at this level. But I dont think the talent is anywhere near where it was vs OU or Texas in yrs past.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

But Booty under the pressure of a top 5 team in a bowl game, when he is not used to it, will crumble imo. I still think SC is a top 2 team, and their D is as legit.

If Booty performs well vs. OR, CAL and UCLA, he'll have all the 'high pressure experience' he needs in a bowl/NC game. So like I said, by 12/1 we'll know whether or not to be confident in him. For now, he's doing just fine.

And if its USC vs. OU in the NC game, your young QB will find it very difficult to move the ball on our D, regardless of how good the WRs are. Of that I'm sure....

If Booty performs well vs. OR, CAL and UCLA, he'll have all the 'high pressure experience' he needs in a bowl/NC game. So like I said, by 12/1 we'll know whether or not to be confident in him. For now, he's doing just fine.

And if its USC vs. OU in the NC game, your young QB will find it very difficult to move the ball on our D, regardless of how good the WRs are. Of that I'm sure....

Agree, which is why Id much rather play LSU or WVA than SC.

Who names themself John Galt. Dude is a cupcake any way you slice it.

I dont think SC is nearly as good as they were in the Leinart days. And the QB anbd WR have alot to do with it. The SC running game is as solid as its been in previous yrs, but you saw yourself vs UCLA, Booty couldnt get it done when he had to. When the time comes this yr, you will see it again. He is a front runner Qb, and the QB and WR play isnt strong enough to bring this team back late in the game, vs a solid team. I expect Cal and Oregon to test them, and it wouldnt surprise me to see SC lose to UCLA either. Im not saying they lose a single game, which they shouldnt. But Booty under the pressure of a top 5 team in a bowl game, when he is not used to it, will crumble imo. I still think SC is a top 2 team, and their D is as legit. This is no pissing match vs SC, I respect Carroll at this level. But I dont think the talent is anywhere near where it was vs OU or Texas in yrs past.

I disagree completely. I thik the talent level across the board on O and D is much higher than the Leinart days..... The Defensive personnel is light years better- and I think the they are MUCH stronger everywhere except for Leinart/Bush/WR core- but as a whole I think the running game will be as good, and the overall talent that Caroll is getting at USC is unmatched anywhere in the country.

I disagree completely. I thik the talent level across the board on O and D is much higher than the Leinart days..... The Defensive personnel is light years better- and I think the they are MUCH stronger everywhere except for Leinart/Bush/WR core- but as a whole I think the running game will be as good, and the overall talent that Caroll is getting at USC is unmatched anywhere in the country.

Disagree completely with the last comment. Peterson is better than Bush. Malcom Kelly is as good as any Wr since Larry Fitzgerald, and OU churns OL every year, and has some of the best defensive talent year in year out. Carroll gets very little from Texas, which is the best talent in the country hands down.

What YOU said was that Bradford is better than Booty :D which shows you have :D NO credibility at all.

Your suggestion that Leinart has shown NOTHING in the pro's is a bit of a stretch also. He's the starter and has been since year 1 and has had some quality games. It's early in his career so any evaluation at this point is premature. He's a far better passer than Young will ever be but I do admit that Young is incredibly gifted and is phenomenal at creating on his feet. I would also say that Young has the "IT" factor and can lead a team with marginal talent to wins where I don't think Leinart could.

Edited by theprofessor

Disagree completely with the last comment. Peterson is better than Bush. Malcom Kelly is as good as any Wr since Larry Fitzgerald, and OU churns OL every year, and has some of the best defensive talent year in year out. Carroll gets very little from Texas, which is the best talent in the country hands down.

Khloe, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian are you talking about? I was comparing USC '07 to the Leinart teams, neve made one comment about OU. Yer gonna makes yerself look like even more of a fool if you keep comparing OU and USC talent- because they aren't in the same league- and USC showed it when they dummied your Sooners-

well, not sure about Texas having the most talent - from the looks of things, there are more NFL players from California than Texas....which actually came in 3rd....

CA - 199

FLA-179

TX - 176

NFL Players

You're :D to think that Texas has more High School talent than California does. Hell, Carroll doesn't have to leave the state and gets better talent, year in and year out, than anyone in the country.

I beg to differ.

D Brees, Vince Young, Tomlinson, A Peterson, Cedric Benson, Roy Williams, Tommie Harris, Zach Thomas, and the list goes on and on

just to name a few, and Im sure I left out some other studs.

I beg to differ.

D Brees, Vince Young, Tomlinson, A Peterson, Cedric Benson, Roy Williams, Tommie Harris, Zach Thomas, and the list goes on and on

just to name a few, and Im sure I left out some other studs.

yer a flat out moran. Read my post above- yet another argument, you are on the wrong side of.

You compare Texas to California- yer gonna lose everytime.

Edited by wildcat2334

yer a flat out moran. Read the post above- yet another argument, you are on the wrong side of.

You compare Texas to California- yer gonna lose everytime.

LMMFAO, what kind of cupcake are you. Do you think 99% of the players in the NFL are in the league as the names I mentioned above. Hell No

I could just take the Texas talent, and give you the rest of the NFL, and Id win 10 of 10 times. Get real you Arz tool.