[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Send me your questions here

aterry1979

I know it is has only beeen 1 week but I have too many question marks this week, Please help

Start 1 RB to go with Gore

Maroney vs SD - tough matchup is NE leaning toward RBBC

Ward vs RB - He may get a lot of touches with question mark with Eli

Jackson @NYG - Philly limited him can NYG

Lewis vs Cin - Cle will probably be playing from way behind again, limited touches for Lewis?

Start 1 WR to go with Chad Johnson

Burris vs GB - production will go down with QB questions

Evans @ Pitt - Stinker last week can he bounce back against Pit

Holmes vs Buff - Can he put up good #s every week

Curtis vs Wash - Mcnabb seemed to look to him on the deep ball, can he break one?

Also need to start 1 flex position

Maroney is usually a "must start" player each week and has more ability than the other backs listed. This is a tough call cause these backs are either not proven or have a bad matchup. Ill scratch off Jackson and Lewis off the bat because the running game for those teams are non existent. Its between Maroney and Ward. I dont see Ward carrying as many carries as Maroney BUT may do more with those carries than Maroney will against SD. SD is truly going to want to win this game and they will pull all stops to make that happen defensively, but I just dont see it happening against the NE offense. They are too good with way too many weapons, Maroney included. Therefore, take Maroney this week.

Without question, take Holmes this week. He will light it up this week against the Buffalo D early in the game and get some possession yards at the end.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should i start chambers this weekend in a 2 WR league?these are my WR:

Reggie Brown

Arnez Battle,

Derick Mason

Marques colson

D. Henderson

C. Chambers

Im starting Marques colson but im stuck on who else to start for my 2nd reciever

I would take both NO receivers this week. They will both produce big. Reggie Brown should have a good game at home but I dont know how McNabb is holding up so far with his injury. The rest of the WR's with the exception of maybe Chambers shouldnt be touched yet until they start producing. Therefore, definitely take Colston and choose Henderson this week. One of the best combo WRs other than Wayne and Harrison

As you can see my weakness is RB and i picked 12th, So Going RB,WR,TE,WR,RB,RB in a 12 man league was a mistake......Draft order below and changes I've made in Signature below.......

1. (12) Travis Henry RB

2. (13) Steve Smith WR

3. (36) Antonio Gates TE

4. (37) Larry Fitzgerald WR

5. (60) Chester Taylor RB

6. (61) Ladell Betts RB

7. (84) Jerricho Cotchery WR

8. (85) Devery Henderson WR

9. (108) Jake Delhomme QB

10. (109) Eli Manning QB (Traded for Leinart)

11. (132) Dallas DEF (dropped and Picked up Colts)

12. (133) Bo Scaife TE (Picked Up M.Pittman)

13. (156) Adrian Peterson RB (Bears)(Picked up Rhodes as waiver)

14. (157) Jacoby Jones WR (Traded withEli for Berrian)

15. (180) Josh Scobee K (picked up mason Crosby)

I think the after draft and week one changes and trades have helped but man my RB'S are Horrible...........When Betts is your next best option you can't say you drafted properly..........I used my#1 waiver, 6 moves,one trade........not much else left.........

Everything is picked to the bone..........12 team league...........should I do something as drastic as trading Fitzgerald? or let it ride?

I think your team is great! I wouldnt change anything of it. Trading Fitzgerald wont improve your team, it will diminish it if anything. Ride Henry and the Minny RB's the best you can until one goes down(hopefully they dont).

Thanks for your reply to my previous post.

Pondering whether to start Jay Cutler over Tony Romo at QB this week.

Cutler is at home vs. Oakland, and after what Kitna did to them last week, it could be nice

Romo is at Miami and I don't expect him to have a field day against the Fins D, at home. They ain't the Giants, especially at home!

What do you think?

Even though Romo's matchup with Miami is a bit tougher, id still go with him just because hes a hot hand and will be playing with a torch up his ass the whole season(which is a good thing). Hes playin for a team next year, whether its for Dallas or another and he wants to get paid! Cutler is a great QB but they also have a great running game, which they will use against Oakland D all day, especially when they have a nice lead at the end.

Two Questions:

1) WDIS: Marc Bulger or Jay Cutler

2) Should I drop Mark Clayton and pick up Demetrius Williams off of waivers?

Bulger should be involved in a shootout with SF and it will be no blowout by any means. I see Bulger with 300+ yards and a few TDs, one to Holt and one to Jackson. Cutler will have some decent yards but other than Walker, whos his WR's? Besides, Henry is the focus of that offense this year and he wil be used all day.

I own Mark Clayton on my team and even though he had virtually no catches last week, I still am holding on to him. Hes an incredible talent and had a great stretch last year so Baltimore knows what hes capable of. I see Baltimore getting back on track with the offense very soon and Clayton will be a big part of that offense. Im not sold on Williams yet and I dont see him having a better year than Clayton can.

Standard scoring, and we are a PPR league.

T. Gonzlaez VS The bears

J. Whitten....Do I bench Gonzlez for whitten.

Oh and other question...I benched E. James for A peterson this week......Your thoughts??

I would bench Gonzalez for Witten as long as Witten is getting his targets and catches. With Glenn out, Romo is looking to spread that ball to the 3rd guy and hes that guy. I dont see any passing game whatsoever in the KC offense so far this season and that will last for a good portion of the season.

In my previous post, I am not sold on Adrian Peterson even though I loved how he did last week and I own him as well. I think that being the only offensive gem in an offense can be more bad than good simply because defenses can stack up against the run or pass. This guy will be my savior at the end of the season definitely if he can stay healthy but week 2 is a bit early to tell if he can be consistent. I love Edge this week because he is going against an offense that can move the ball as well. He should get his yards and a big possibility of a TD. Hes a safer play for this point of the season and for the first 3 weeks of any season, being safe is best.

Need advice quick"

Do i make this trade:

I send J.cutler, j.shockey, and p.crayton and i receive antonio gates?

I love all those guys you have and Gates. I would think ahead to the playoffs and think if Gates will be starting at week 16 and 17 when they clinch a playoff birth. What if Bulger gets hurt again like he does every year? Can you depend of Schwab to carry your team to the playoffs at the end? Cutler will be playing all year around and hes durable. Crayton is slowly having a sleeper year especially with Glenn out. For this trade, its great for getting you to the dance but can they last the night? Gates is a very attractive player to have but you may be giving up a bit too much for him. I would deny this trade and opt for cutler and shockey instead of including Crayton in the mix. I may be wrong but I do hope it helps your decision.

Pick up Kevin Jones?

Drop brandon jackson or jamal lewis?

is this even worth it?

NEED HELP!

Kevin Jones is active this week but I dont see him playing hard until week 6-7. I dont like Lewis at all. Hes broken down and on a pass first team. I do like Brandon Jackson but I dont believe he can carry the full load this season. Therefore, I would wait a few weeks to see how Jackson plays out for GB and then you can decide. I would drop Lewis out of those two but it wouldnt matter anyway because Jones isnt playing to his capacity yet.

i posted a topic but nobody actually answered my question...so here it is:

for the whole season, which 2 of these DSTs will be the bes/which will be the worst of these 3t?

Denver, Packers, Vikings

All 3 defenses are great and it all depends on the matchups really. 2 defenses I like are Packers and Vikings with Denver being the least. It doesnt mean I dont like Denver D, which i do, but i just see better rush and attack with pack and Vikes than I do with Denver.

Hi -

Need to start 3 WR's, here are my choices:

Andre Johnson

Santonio Holmes

Lavernues Coles

D. Henderson

B. Marshall

K. Curtis

Obviously Andre Johnson is a start, and B. Marshall and Curtis are lower on the ladder....it's really between coles, holmes and henderson.

Thanks!

Hi -

Need to start 3 WR's, here are my choices:

Andre Johnson

Santonio Holmes

Lavernues Coles

D. Henderson

B. Marshall

K. Curtis

Obviously Andre Johnson is a start, and B. Marshall and Curtis are lower on the ladder....it's really between coles, holmes and henderson.

Thanks!

Andre Johnson obviously like you said. Then I would go with Santonio Holmes against Buffalo's depleted secondary. Roeth should hook up with him all day, my last receiver I would go with Henderson as Brees will want to throw deep and score early in the game. Henderson is a huge deep threat that scores alot of TD's. Stay away from Coles just this week until the QB situation is fixed. Marshall and Curtis arent reliable options to warrant them a starter. Maybe for a bye week or matchup filler but thats it.

12 team performance league, no PPR. I've got considerable WR depth, and trying to peddle it in to an upgrade at RB. I might be able to trade a couple of "bench" guys (Chambers, Santonio Holmes) for Thomas Jones. Do I want to touch that guy given that the line has looked awful (sans Kendal) and now Pennington is banged up? If not, then whom should I be going after?

Week 2 starters:

QB: VY

RB: Ronnie Brown

WR1: Chad Johnson

WR2: Reggie Wayne

Flex1: Peterson (the good one)

Flex2: Orange Julius

On the bench:

Chambers

S. Holmes

Battle

Hackett

Matt Jones

Kevin Jones and Losman are also kicking around.

12 team performance league, no PPR. I've got considerable WR depth, and trying to peddle it in to an upgrade at RB. I might be able to trade a couple of "bench" guys (Chambers, Santonio Holmes) for Thomas Jones. Do I want to touch that guy given that the line has looked awful (sans Kendal) and now Pennington is banged up? If not, then whom should I be going after?

Week 2 starters:

QB: VY

RB: Ronnie Brown

WR1: Chad Johnson

WR2: Reggie Wayne

Flex1: Peterson (the good one)

Flex2: Orange Julius

On the bench:

Chambers

S. Holmes

Battle

Hackett

Matt Jones

Kevin Jones and Losman are also kicking around.

You got a great lineup there and great depth as well. I wouldnt touch your lineup at all this week.

I have a trade offer I would like assistance with.

On my team: Caddy, Jones Drew and Tatum Bell as well as TO and Drew Carter

Trade offer : randy moss for Jones Drew

or

Braylan Edwards and Ahman Green for Caddy

All none or one...thanks

I think that Randy Moss has alot more value than Jones Drew at this point with Taylor healthy. I would go with the first trade simply becuase you need depth in your WR corpse. Caddy and Bell is a decent combo but with the Randy Moss addition, it balances out.

1 of 2:

D Ward (vs GBP)

C Benson (vs KCC)

2 of 3:

K Curtis (vs WAS)

P Crayton (@ MIA)

D Branch (vs SEA)

I would give Benson a second chance this week against the KC D. He should get some garbage yards at the end of the game to kill the clock.

I would go with Crayton and Branch. Crayton is on the same team as Tony Romo. Branch is due for a big game and this will be the week for it against a potential shootout with Arizona on the road.

Andre Johnson obviously like you said. Then I would go with Santonio Holmes against Buffalo's depleted secondary. Roeth should hook up with him all day, my last receiver I would go with Henderson as Brees will want to throw deep and score early in the game. Henderson is a huge deep threat that scores alot of TD's. Stay away from Coles just this week until the QB situation is fixed. Marshall and Curtis arent reliable options to warrant them a starter. Maybe for a bye week or matchup filler but thats it.

Thanks again - I appreciate it.