[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Send me your questions here

aterry1979

Performance League, no points for receptions

One of the following three:

Coles @ Baltimore - tough matchup

Welker vs S Diego

Kevin Curtis vs Washington - A terrible Wash secondary

Thanks

All 3 are mediocre WR's who turn in a good week once in a while. They are strictly matchup WRs which means only on a great matchup will you see these guys perform. Therefore, the best matchup between these 3 is Kevin Curtis vs Washington. He may have a garbage TD but its still a TD. Go with him

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Julies Jones was dropped by another owner. I would like to add some depth at that position. I currently have Addai, T Henry, Jordan, and B Jackson on my roster.

My back up receivers are Curtis, Bennett and Marshall and my back up tight end is Olsen (For Keeper Purposes). At receiver I start Smith, Evans and Ro Williams.

The question is: Which back up receiver should I drop or should it be Olsen?

Julies Jones was dropped by another owner. I would like to add some depth at that position. I currently have Addai, T Henry, Jordan, and B Jackson on my roster.

My back up receivers are Curtis, Bennett and Marshall and my back up tight end is Olsen (For Keeper Purposes). At receiver I start Smith, Evans and Ro Williams.

The question is: Which back up receiver should I drop or should it be Olsen?

First off, im surprised someone "dropped" Julius Jones in your league rather than trade him away. I would snatch him up as fast as possible. One injury to Barber and Julius is the man and he can pull off a full load. I like Curtis at Philly and can do some damage against weak secondaries later in the season. Bennett I like as well on the Rams as hes the next Kevin Curtis(how ironic). Brandon Marshall is on a team where the QB is the leading rusher and passer(Chris Brown was a fluke week 1. im sorry). I dont see Vince Young throwing alot to win games. I dont see Tennessee winning many games for that matter. Drop Marshall and pick up Julius.

ive been offered drew brees for cutler and witten

i would trade cutler in a minute, but witten is holding me up.......my backup TE is greg olsen and marcedes lewis is available on waivers.......im leaning towards the deal

If you have a good backup QB on your squad then that would be a great trade. Greg Olsen when he gets healthy will be as good, if not, better than Jason Witten down the stretch. You cant deny that Brees is the second coming of a Bret Favre type QB. Hes smart, agile, and throws anywhere on the field. Im not a huge fan of trades in general but this is one trade I would make. Brees is THAT good.

First off, im surprised someone "dropped" Julius Jones in your league rather than trade him away. I would snatch him up as fast as possible. One injury to Barber and Julius is the man and he can pull off a full load. I like Curtis at Philly and can do some damage against weak secondaries later in the season. Bennett I like as well on the Rams as hes the next Kevin Curtis(how ironic). Brandon Marshall is on a team where the QB is the leading rusher and passer(Chris Brown was a fluke week 1. im sorry). I dont see Vince Young throwing alot to win games. I dont see Tennessee winning many games for that matter. Drop Marshall and pick up Julius.

Thanks for the input. I think you may have confused Brandon Marshall (Den) with Brandon Jones (Ten). I have Marshall. Does that change your opinion. Marshall had a pretty solid week one.

Thanks for the input. I think you may have confused Brandon Marshall (Den) with Brandon Jones (Ten). I have Marshall. Does that change your opinion. Marshall had a pretty solid week one.

Woops your right. I thought it was Brandon Jones. The only Denver WR I like is Javon Walker. The focus of the team this year is Travis Henry. So in that case i would still drop him for Jones.

My league is only 8 teams and only have 14 rostor spots (12 if you don't count Kicker and D). So if you can imagine we have some fairly good players on the wire.

Here is my problem:

I just saw Galloway was dropped, so he's a FA and I want to get him. Problem is who to drop on my team?

My choice to drop are:

1) Ward, he's my 4th WR, will ride the bench all year except for injury. Also when SS and Driver are on a by week (7) Ward is vs Denver so may not be a good match-up. But being on Pitt he has some good trade value (I think)

2)Gonzo (has no trade value in an 8 team league, this week he plays against Chi probably KC will score very few points). However I think he's OK and may be as good or better FF player than Winslow by the end of the year.

3) Winslow (I think he's about the same as Gonzo so it's hard to decide to keep both or just one)??

I want Galloway who I have rated the same as Ward, but on my by-week for SS and Driver, TB is vs Det (which should be a better match-up than Ward vs Den).

If I drop Gonzo I will have 5-WR on my team so I need to make a trade, and I will still need another TE for the by-week

Ok my league is set as this

1 QB

2RB

2WR

2 FLEX - WR/RB

1TE

1D

My lineup this week is

Bulger or Leinart?

Larry Johnson, Travis Henry

Houshmandzadeh, (Burress or Coles?)

Flex - Adrian Peterson, Clinton Portis

TE - Ben Watson or LJ Smith

K - David Akers

D - San Diego

So Mr. Aterry....

Bulger or Leinart? and Plaxico or Coles? I'm a little confused with who to start with backup QBs starting. Or another possibilty... sit Portis and start both. Let me know what you think please.

My league is only 8 teams and only have 14 rostor spots (12 if you don't count Kicker and D). So if you can imagine we have some fairly good players on the wire.

Here is my problem:

I just saw Galloway was dropped, so he's a FA and I want to get him. Problem is who to drop on my team?

My choice to drop are:

1) Ward, he's my 4th WR, will ride the bench all year except for injury. Also when SS and Driver are on a by week (7) Ward is vs Denver so may not be a good match-up. But being on Pitt he has some good trade value (I think)

2)Gonzo (has no trade value in an 8 team league, this week he plays against Chi probably KC will score very few points). However I think he's OK and may be as good or better FF player than Winslow by the end of the year.

3) Winslow (I think he's about the same as Gonzo so it's hard to decide to keep both or just one)??

I want Galloway who I have rated the same as Ward, but on my by-week for SS and Driver, TB is vs Det (which should be a better match-up than Ward vs Den).

If I drop Gonzo I will have 5-WR on my team so I need to make a trade, and I will still need another TE for the by-week

Out of all those players, I would drop Gonzalez for Galloway. You can always grab a one week TE for your bye week because Winslow is an every week starter. You definitely dont want to drop Ward on that high powered offense. They will be a top 5 offense this year guarenteed.

Ok my league is set as this

1 QB

2RB

2WR

2 FLEX - WR/RB

1TE

1D

My lineup this week is

Bulger or Leinart?

Larry Johnson, Travis Henry

Houshmandzadeh, (Burress or Coles?)

Flex - Adrian Peterson, Clinton Portis

TE - Ben Watson or LJ Smith

K - David Akers

D - San Diego

So Mr. Aterry....

Bulger or Leinart? and Plaxico or Coles? I'm a little confused with who to start with backup QBs starting. Or another possibilty... sit Portis and start both. Let me know what you think please.

Both QBs have the potential of having a shootout. I would have to give the slight edge to Bulger just because they are playing at home in the dome. I also would see what Leinart does this week as I am not sold on him yet. Bulger is a proven top QB and he will see his targets in Holt, Bennett and the TE. Plaxico has the more upside, especially with a good chance that Eli will start. Lorenzen was looking to Plex's way when he came in so he will definitely get his catches this week. Coles will be covered by that tough secondary against BAL all day and with Kellen behind center? i just dont think he'll produce. TJ will be the highlight of that team this week and thats saying alot. Definitely start Peterson and Portis this week if those are your options. I have Westbrook and Bush over Peterson this week but I had to think about it.

I posted this same question in the IDP section as well, but I thought I would run it by you.

Just was proposed this trade. Do I make it?

I have Edgerrin James and Jermaine Phillips the other guy is looking to trade Frank Gore and Kamerion Wimbley.

We play 2 DB's, 2 DL's and 2 Flex D spots

My other RB's are:

Rudi johnson

Ronnie Brown

Brandon Jacobs

DB's

Adrian Wilson

Gibril Wilson

DL's

Zach Thomas

Keith Bulluck

Gary Brackett

Derrick Brooks

Donnie Edwards

Cato June

I would drop Wimbley for either: Oshiomogho Atogwe, Rocky McIntosh, Mario Williams or Barrett Ruud

Rushing Yards (20 yards per point)

Rushing Touchdowns (6)

Receptions (1)

Tackle Solo (1.5)

Tackle Assist (.5)

Sack (2)

Interception (3)

Fumble Force (2)

Fumble Recovery (2)

Touchdown (6)

Safety (4)

Pass Defended (2)

Block Kick (3)

Out of all those players, I would drop Gonzalez for Galloway. You can always grab a one week TE for your bye week because Winslow is an every week starter. You definitely dont want to drop Ward on that high powered offense. They will be a top 5 offense this year guarenteed.

thanks

wdis at QB Lienart or Farve? (leaning to farve this week vs banged up NYG)

at flex RB Deangelo williams or WR Santanio Holmes?

rest of my starters:

rb gore

rb edge james

wr M Harrison

wr L Fitzgerald

TE Dallas Clark

Pk gould

def Bears

It's not great, but it's what I got. I am trying to make some trades to ugrade

Both QBs have the potential of having a shootout. I would have to give the slight edge to Bulger just because they are playing at home in the dome. I also would see what Leinart does this week as I am not sold on him yet. Bulger is a proven top QB and he will see his targets in Holt, Bennett and the TE. Plaxico has the more upside, especially with a good chance that Eli will start. Lorenzen was looking to Plex's way when he came in so he will definitely get his catches this week. Coles will be covered by that tough secondary against BAL all day and with Kellen behind center? i just dont think he'll produce. TJ will be the highlight of that team this week and thats saying alot. Definitely start Peterson and Portis this week if those are your options. I have Westbrook and Bush over Peterson this week but I had to think about it.

Thanks a lot. 2nd opinions are always appreciated. Have a good weekend and good luck.

I posted this same question in the IDP section as well, but I thought I would run it by you.

Just was proposed this trade. Do I make it?

I have Edgerrin James and Jermaine Phillips the other guy is looking to trade Frank Gore and Kamerion Wimbley.

We play 2 DB's, 2 DL's and 2 Flex D spots

My other RB's are:

Rudi johnson

Ronnie Brown

Brandon Jacobs

DB's

Adrian Wilson

Gibril Wilson

DL's

Zach Thomas

Keith Bulluck

Gary Brackett

Derrick Brooks

Donnie Edwards

Cato June

I would drop Wimbley for either: Oshiomogho Atogwe, Rocky McIntosh, Mario Williams or Barrett Ruud

Rushing Yards (20 yards per point)

Rushing Touchdowns (6)

Receptions (1)

Tackle Solo (1.5)

Tackle Assist (.5)

Sack (2)

Interception (3)

Fumble Force (2)

Fumble Recovery (2)

Touchdown (6)

Safety (4)

Pass Defended (2)

Block Kick (3)

I am not familiar with IDP players so I really cant make any judgement on this trade.

wdis at QB Lienart or Farve? (leaning to farve this week vs banged up NYG)

at flex RB Deangelo williams or WR Santanio Holmes?

rest of my starters:

rb gore

rb edge james

wr M Harrison

wr L Fitzgerald

TE Dallas Clark

Pk gould

def Bears

It's not great, but it's what I got. I am trying to make some trades to ugrade

I would definitely go with Favre this week as he is going to exploit that Giants D and I see Driver with a very nice week this week. Lienart will get his yards but he will also get some picks. Favre throws Int's too but I dont see that many for him this week. I predict 275 and 3TDs for Favre. At FLEX, definitely start Holmes as hes going to explode against Buffalo early and often. No question.

Need to start 2 of the these 3 RB's.

1/10 - Rush/Rec

PPR

TD-6 (+3 if over 40)

Brandon Jackson @ NYG

Portis @ Phi

Brown vs Dal

Thanks

Portis is a lock out of those 3 for a great game. The other two however im not sold on yet, especially Brandon Jackson. If i had to choose between those two guys, I would go on a huge limb and take Brandon Jackson over Brown this week. Brown hasnt shown me anything since hes been drafted.

Would you trade Owens and McNabb to get Jackson? All positions get 6 pts per TD, but WR get a pt per reception, not RBs.

Also, would you start:

Henderson v TB

Mason v NYJ (assuming that Boller is starting)

Fred Taylor v ATL.

Thanks.

I dont see any improvement losing two quality players to get one quality player that can both run and catch. You do that kind of trade to help someone out and if you have enough depth to support it. I wouldnt bother with this trade if you ask me. I would start Fred Taylor this week as hes going against a terrible team. Taylor and Drew combo should be fierce.

WDIS pick 2 WR's, 1 pt/10 yds, .25 PPR, bonus at 100 yds

R Williams Det vs Min

A Johnson Hout @ Car

D Driver GB @ NYG

V Jackson SD @ NE

P Crayton Dallas @ Miami

I'm leaning towards Williams and Driver this week. What do you think? Thanks for your thoughts in advance.

Great choices there, all capable of producing a great game. If i had to pick 2 out of the bunch that will do the best, I would go with Driver being the best choice and a toss up between Roy Williams and Andre Johnson. I see Johnson having a better game as the houston running game isnt in full force yet.(or will it ever be with Green?) Roy Williams has C. Johnson, Furrey and McDonald breathing down his back but still a good choice. So I would choose Driver and Johnson.