[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Send me your questions here

aterry1979

Struggling with the Studs vs Match-up question

All the projections tell me Delhomme (v hou) but Romo's got the Torch placed . . . as you said

Perhaps goofiest is the rankings of Galloway (v NO) & Driver ahead of Reggie Wayne . . .but it is Reggie Wayne!!!

Then look at Green Bay's def. They get to play a double whammied NYG. While the New Eng D (aren't these guys my studs?) are playing the Chargers who are out for some serious vewngeance, self appointed to serve the spying champs a double scoop of justice. Dare I play Green Bay D over the New England D?

I guess I should be thankful my kicker is out so I don't have to make a choice! But wait, nick folk is on the waiver wire . . . perhaps a swap out for josh? Ahhhhhhhhhh.

Bring me some sanity.

Thanks for any guidance or thoughts.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Struggling with the Studs vs Match-up question

All the projections tell me Delhomme (v hou) but Romo's got the Torch placed . . . as you said

Perhaps goofiest is the rankings of Galloway (v NO) & Driver ahead of Reggie Wayne . . .but it is Reggie Wayne!!!

Then look at Green Bay's def. They get to play a double whammied NYG. While the New Eng D (aren't these guys my studs?) are playing the Chargers who are out for some serious vewngeance, self appointed to serve the spying champs a double scoop of justice. Dare I play Green Bay D over the New England D?

I guess I should be thankful my kicker is out so I don't have to make a choice! But wait, nick folk is on the waiver wire . . . perhaps a swap out for josh? Ahhhhhhhhhh.

Bring me some sanity.

Thanks for any guidance or thoughts.

Delhomme may be a good play this week but I just dont see benching Tony Romo at this point. Theres no stopping him this year. Reggie Wayne is a stud and will get his yards each week. Driver can either explode or bust, depending if Giants D does show up(which they probably wont). Romo and Wayne are your picks.

Need help at QB and RB - Performance league 6 pt TDs and Rushing/Receiving Yards combined.

Bulger or Romo? - I've been back and forth all week...slight lean toward Bulger.

2 out of Henry/Bush/A Peterson - Henry is a definite home vs. Oak. Who has bigger upside Bush or Peterson (do we know anything def. re: Taylor)?

Need a QB (6 pt td, 1pt/50 yds over 150):

Big Ben vs Buffalo

Favre vs Gia

Hasselbeck vs AZ

Kitna vs MN

(hodgepodge of second tier QBs w/ decent matchups)

WR (1pt/25yds over 50 and 1pt/catch over 3):

A Johnson @ CAR (only minor second thoughts over starting him)

Colston vs TB

Chambers vs Dallas

Galloway vs ATL (slight consideration becuase it's ATL)

BTW - Nice approach to answering the posts.

Which do I start in a PPR league at flex:

Chris Brown vs Indy

Marion Barber 3 @ MIA

Morency @ NYG

Michael Pittman vs NO

Also in a regular league who do I start: need 1 RB and 1 RB/WR

Jam Lewis vs Cincy

Lynch @ PIt

Mark Clayton vs NYJ

Coles @ BAL

Fred Taylor vs ATL

Brandon Marshall vs OAK

I need to choose a QB between Garrard vs ATL and Rivers vs NE. I'm leaning towards Garrard. Thanks!

Garrard is a safer and potentially better going against ATL D but Rivers is playing one of the more important games of the season and he will pull all stops. It should be a defensive battle anyway. Garrard would be a "safer" pick for a week 2 bout.

Who should I start for my third reveiver Vincent Jackson/Joey Galloway

QB Kitna

RB Alexander

RB Rudi Johnson

WR Roy Williams

WR Santonio Holmes

WR ????

TE Gonzalez

K Vinateri

D/ST Chicago

Im going to grow some balls on this one and take Vincent Jackson even though im leaning towards Galloway this week. I always like to go safe for the first 3 weeks of the season, no matter how good the matchup is. For some reason, I think Jackson will have a huge game since theres no rodney harrison. everyone else will be put in check for most of the game. Big score = Jackson, safe = Galloway.

Garrard vs. Atlanta or Grossman vs.KC

Henry, Rudi & Andre obviously

Need 2 rec and flex

Chambers vs. Dallas

Colston @ TB

Santonio vs Buffalo

Branch @ Arizona

Crayton @ Miami

Norwood @ Jax

Thanks in advance

You got some incredible depth there. Better than ive seen so far this season. This is a tough one. Chambers is a great play this week with the dallas D banged up. Colston another, so is Santonio.. damn! I will have to go for big game here and thats Santonio Holmes being #1 and Chambers #2

Need help at QB and RB - Performance league 6 pt TDs and Rushing/Receiving Yards combined.

Bulger or Romo? - I've been back and forth all week...slight lean toward Bulger.

2 out of Henry/Bush/A Peterson - Henry is a definite home vs. Oak. Who has bigger upside Bush or Peterson (do we know anything def. re: Taylor)?

With two caliber QB's like that, you have to go safe becuase itll just drive you nuts. Safe can win you games. Safe = Bulger this week

Henry is going ot have a monster game against Oak D, no question. Start him. I have both Bush and Peterson also and i was contemplating who to start. Usually this early in the season and two high caliber backs like this. Id go safe. Therefore, i'm going with Bush. Chance of a huge game is Peterson though but of course thers a chance of that or a chance he wont do anything.

Need a QB (6 pt td, 1pt/50 yds over 150):

Big Ben vs Buffalo

Favre vs Gia

Hasselbeck vs AZ

Kitna vs MN

(hodgepodge of second tier QBs w/ decent matchups)

WR (1pt/25yds over 50 and 1pt/catch over 3):

A Johnson @ CAR (only minor second thoughts over starting him)

Colston vs TB

Chambers vs Dallas

Galloway vs ATL (slight consideration becuase it's ATL)

BTW - Nice approach to answering the posts.

Thanks man. I always like to put emphasis in all my replies and not just give a name out there. Out of those 4 QBs, I would go with Big Ben simply because hes on fire right now and going against a banged up Buffalo D for an important win. Too many weapons out there with Parker, Ward, Holmes and Miller. Favre has one weapon that Giants can somehow stop and thats Driver. Jennings is banged up and James Jones isnt quite proven but showing alot of promise. Hasselbeck wil get his TDs but they also have Alexander, who likes to do more running than catching. Kitna is playing a tough MIN D that had a huge game defensively last week, and Detroit has no running game so more zone coverage for Williams and Johnson(even though it will be literally impossible to stop both at once).

Which do I start in a PPR league at flex:

Chris Brown vs Indy

Marion Barber 3 @ MIA

Morency @ NYG

Michael Pittman vs NO

Also in a regular league who do I start: need 1 RB and 1 RB/WR

Jam Lewis vs Cincy

Lynch @ PIt

Mark Clayton vs NYJ

Coles @ BAL

Fred Taylor vs ATL

Brandon Marshall vs OAK

Scratch off Morency, thers no way he will produce this week. If he does, i'll be extremely shocked. Barber is splitting carries with JJ and playing a tough Miami D at home. Not a good sign for a good running game there on either back. This week you should go sleeper for FLEX as Id take a chance with both Brown and Pittman. Pittman can catch as well as run and playing a porous NO D. Brown is coming off a huge running game last week and trying to peel away the starting spot for the Titans. Also somehow, TEN always shows up when they play the Colts. I would go with Brown this week since Ind will be shadowing the QB and leaving holes.

The other league I would start Fred Taylor definitely and I would take a chance with Lynch. They will use him alot in the backfield when the rush comes in and should produce. He has the talent to do so against a tough D like that.

Edited by aterry1979

WDIS as my flex option this week? 1 PPR, 6 points per TD, 1 pt per 10 yards receiving

Devery Henderson vs Tampa Bay

or

Jerry Porter vs Denver

Go with Henderson. Brees is going to want to throw a few deep ones and Henderson is very dangerous deep. HE will be open alot all day with Colston covered. Eric Johnson should have a good game as well with the TB rush.