[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heads up to any Jaguar fans

Sleeping King

maybe if they lowered the ticket prices, more people would go

Their prices aren’t any higher than the rest of the NFL teams. Florida is just a horrific state when it comes to fan loyalty for their professional sports teams with the possible exception of the 2 NBA franchises but I'm certain that’s only because they have generally been winning franchises over the last 10 years or so and also because it takes allot less people to fill an NBA arena then it does to fill a baseball or football stadium.

maybe if they lowered the ticket prices, more people would go

You're probably referring to the NFL in general, but the Jaguars organization has been very aggressive in terms of ticket prices.

I think what I'm trying to say on this thread in general is that there are several different elements that go into making or breaking a franchise. IIn my eyes, the "big three" are the fan base, the non-football operations, and the football operations. The fan base here in Jax has been very loyal all things considered. I honestly believe that the franchise is doing everything it possibly can in terms of the non-football operations to generate fan interest and ticket sales. Unfortunately, the football operations side of the equation has been horendous over the past several years, and without that, it's kind of tough for the other two elements to succeed on a regular basis.

I know, I mean what were they thinking going 12-4 in 05 and beating the SB champs the past 2 years, basstards.

Man, you keep clinging to that, don't you? Every year there are teams that are far better than their records would indicate and every year there are teams that are far worse than their records would indicate. Also, division rivals typically play each other tough. Beating the Colts in 2005 and 2006 didn't mean the Jags were a good team during those years any more than beating the Jags in 2005 and 2006 meant that the Texans were a good team during those years.

Besides, when it comes to being a fan, I'm not about records. In fact, I'm not even about winning. I'm about playing with heart, doing everything you possibly can to be competitive, and putting a little excitement into my Sunday afternoon. Those are three qualities the Harris/Del Rio era Jags are sorely lacking.

Believe me, you put a team in place that has those quailities and I'll be giving Captain Hook and the rest of the Colts fans good natured grief all season long instead of generally agreeing with them when they bash the Jags which is where I'm at now.

The Jags D was what let them down last week. I mean, Chris f'ckin Brown rushing for 175? The Jags D was supposed to be a top 5 D. I think they came intoi that game big-headed. Any team will kick your ass if you show up with that kind of attitude.

As for fan support, I kind of agree with Tomfin. I had season tix for the first 4 years of their existance. I gave them up for numerous reasons. One was that I was missing my #1 team in Pittsburgh playing every week. I have the Sunday Ticket and it's just more convenient for me to kick back and watch the games at home. I'll have 2 games going at the same time. I know there are alot of fans in Jax who do the same thing. Believe it or not, fantasy football is another reason I gave up the tix. When you go to a game, you like to be there early so you can tailgate, etc. That doesn't leave any time for last minute FF decisions, unless you carry a laptop which I do not. Although I agree with Tomfin pretty much, I still believe that unless something changes in the next couple years, we'll see the Los Angeles Jaguars.

this is the same coach that starts Fred Taylor over MJD

When both are healthy Taylor is the better back IMO. I read a column somewhere where they interviewd a few linebackers and they said they thought that Fred Taylor was the best overall RB in the league when healthy.

Watching Reggie haul in that TD wasn't exciting? Sacking Harrington 7 times wasn't fun?

You know, I could get several posts worth of great (and often hilarious) material out of those two questions alone, but I think I'm going to quit while I'm ahead. My beef is with the front office and the way this team has been mismanaged during the past four years, not with other Jaguars fans who continue to support the team.