[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gil's Guidance II

gilthorp

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick one...

roll the dice with Winslow (Ravens at home) and hope he plays the whole game or start Owen Daniels (@ Falcons) and hope for the best

Daniels seems like a no brainer play here. Even if Winslow goes, you can't count on him being full tilt or finishing the game.

Start two of three: L. Evans, S. Holmes, W. Welker. Standard scoring, No PPR. I'm leaning toward Holmes and Welker... I know Evans COULD blow up, but could is the operative word...

GS, that is a tough option you have. Welker for sure. I am a Holmes owner, and I am contemplating sitting him for the likes of Reggie Brown, Dwayne Bowe, and S. McDonald. I'm starting L. Evans in the MVP Challenge this week, so you know I've got some skin in the game for this recommendation. When a new QB is coming in and has a week to gameplan, you'd think that a good portion of their strategy will be to air it out. I would say Welker and Evans simply because the Steelers seem to spread it out like NE does. Good luck.

Hey Gil,

WDIS RBS Pick 2

maroney @ cincy (not sure on injury status)

alexander @ SF (defense looks pretty tough)

henry @ Indy

B.Leonard and S Morris also available

I think that Indy defense is a totally different beast at home than anywhere else. I'd hate to have to start Henry this week. However, I don't think anyone has any clue what Maroney's deal is....and nobody ever will. In theory, I'm sure he's OK and should play, but him playing on a Monday night is kind of like an "all in" play if you go for it. I just don't like Henry's matchup against Indy, and see Cutler having to air it out to play catch up. I'd sit Henry, and roll with Alexander and Maroney. Good luck.

GS, that is a tough option you have. Welker for sure. I am a Holmes owner, and I am contemplating sitting him for the likes of Reggie Brown, Dwayne Bowe, and S. McDonald. I'm starting L. Evans in the MVP Challenge this week, so you know I've got some skin in the game for this recommendation. When a new QB is coming in and has a week to gameplan, you'd think that a good portion of their strategy will be to air it out. I would say Welker and Evans simply because the Steelers seem to spread it out like NE does. Good luck.

Thanks, that's a different way to look at it, I lilke it... So, here's another for you, then, in my other big-time money league: Start 3 of 4 WR, 1 point per every two receptions:

TJ Housh

Roy Williams

Welker

K. Curtis.

I lean toward TJ, Roy, and Curtis... Curtis, only b/c he's a #1 WR for McNabb (even if not "officially" listed as such) and Welker is clearly not the #1 in NE...)

Thanks, that's a different way to look at it, I lilke it... So, here's another for you, then, in my other big-time money league: Start 3 of 4 WR, 1 point per every two receptions:

TJ Housh

Roy Williams

Welker

K. Curtis.

I lean toward TJ, Roy, and Curtis... Curtis, only b/c he's a #1 WR for McNabb (even if not "officially" listed as such) and Welker is clearly not the #1 in NE...)

In this instance, you've got two full studs as your #1 and #2, so there's no reason to go conservative (Welker) with the #3. Just don't expect 40+ from Curtis and if you had him on your bench last week, I'll bet that still stings. I agree with how you're leaning.

Go for the consistent points and start Engram vs. San Fran

Or go for the home run and start Bust Of the Year Reggie Brown against the HORRIBLE Giants D?

Or the Vice-Bust of The Year Lee Evans vs. the Jets?

I can only pick one, as my WR1 and 2 are Fitz and Driver.

YOU THE MAN!!

Go for the consistent points and start Engram vs. San Fran

Or go for the home run and start Bust Of the Year Reggie Brown against the HORRIBLE Giants D?

Or the Vice-Bust of The Year Lee Evans vs. the Jets?

I can only pick one, as my WR1 and 2 are Fitz and Driver.

YOU THE MAN!!

Awesome freakin question. Engram will get you something, and as a Reggie Brown owner, I'm not starting him until he gets his head out of his ass.

I do like Evans this week and would have to say he's not this terrible, is he?

Roll the dice and go with Vice Bust Quayle...I mean Evans. Good luck!

RB WDIS

ADP vs. GB

Lamont @ MIA

Henry @ IND

Pick 2. It's a PPR.

As stated earlier, the Indy defense is amazingly good at home and Cutler is going to be playing catch up. That running game will stall. I HATE Henry as a play this week. ADP and Lamont. Good luck.