[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gil's Guidance II

gilthorp

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dwayne Bowe @ SD

-or-

Shockey vs. PHI?

...for my WR/TE flex...

No PPR, 10 yds pp.

Thanks.

Bowe is close, but Shockey is the clear preferred choice for E. Manning. I think SD shuts down Bowe to a point this week and brings him back down to earth a little. Shockey should have a very nice game, and I expect he'll get in the end zone as well.

I got a tough call, because my confidence in Benson is so low, but Detroit's defense looked terrible last week.

Benson @ Detroit

Deshaun Foster at home against Carolina

Standard Scoring, with yardage thrown in.

Which of the two do you recommend?

Be it that I'm a Bears homer, I am hating the way Benson runs the ball. Griese's decision making will allow him to get through his reads and make the throw, oftentimes without going to the last read, and this will cause Benson to have very few catches today. I think Carolina slows down TB a bit by throwing to the RB's, plus he'll carry as much as Benson will. I like Foster in this choice, but it is a very biased opinion.

WR Roll...

3 out of 4.....

Fitz , Marshall , J. Jones GB , Curtis , McDonald .... could go all 4 WR....and play 2 RB instead of 3...

RB:

Parker, Henry, R. Brown...

Thanks Gil,

The Bump

Parker/Brown----Fitz/Curtis/McDonald

Jones may have some big plays, but won't be targeted that much. Marshall?.....if JW is out, he bumps one of the others...bumps McDonald.

Sooooo.. would you sit Henry and play 4 WR.....

Bump

let me know what the starting requirements are. I think you have good choices all around. I don't like T. Henry today in Indy...don't like it at all. This is one of those games like in the playoffs last year where the Colts just stuffed KC. I would play Parker and Brown, and whatever mix of WR's you like there.

WDIS? Need 1 and can make an argument for any of them. I'm hoping your opinions will sway me one way or another.

Bulger - broken ribs, banged up OL, no SJax and going against DAL. However, DAL can be thrown on.

Anderson - Against BAL, I thnk it's going to be tough. But BAL is giving up more passing yards and TDs this year. Without a good running game, he should be forced to throw. And that could mean decent numbers.

Griese - Will he be the added spark? DET gave it up in chunks to Philly. I expect a ball control offense and short to medium passes from Griese, but with Berrian against that DET secondary, I can see him hitting a few big plays as well.

So, which one of these guys do I roll out there today?

Thanks

let me know what the starting requirements are. I think you have good choices all around. I don't like T. Henry today in Indy...don't like it at all. This is one of those games like in the playoffs last year where the Colts just stuffed KC. I would play Parker and Brown, and whatever mix of WR's you like there.

Thanks Gil...Here it is: Tell me what your thinking on each:

10 Start / 10 Res: Stand Scorring: PPR

QB: Garcia, Big Ben, Kitna

RB: Parker, Henry, R. Brown, Betts

WR: Fitz, Colston, Mc Donald, Hackett, Curtis, Crayton, Marshall, J. Jones GB

TE: Davis, Kelly

K: Stover

D: Denver/ Bucs

I may drop Garcia, Crayton, and a D ( I like to play matchups) so I keep a spot....but only after week 6 as thats all my byes....

Bump

Burress vs. Philly OR

Marshall @ Indy

Standard performance, 1 PPR

-------------------------------------------------------------------

K. Jones vs. Chi OR

L. Evans vs. NYJ OR

Drop M. Clayton and pickup J. Jones @ Minn

Standard performance, no PPR

You were dead on last week for me...Hopefully you can keep it going.

WDIS? Need 1 and can make an argument for any of them. I'm hoping your opinions will sway me one way or another.

Bulger - broken ribs, banged up OL, no SJax and going against DAL. However, DAL can be thrown on.

Anderson - Against BAL, I thnk it's going to be tough. But BAL is giving up more passing yards and TDs this year. Without a good running game, he should be forced to throw. And that could mean decent numbers.

Griese - Will he be the added spark? DET gave it up in chunks to Philly. I expect a ball control offense and short to medium passes from Griese, but with Berrian against that DET secondary, I can see him hitting a few big plays as well.

So, which one of these guys do I roll out there today?

Thanks

I have to roll out Bulger one last time here. He has the weapons that can give him the game he needs. He is like Brees...the moment you sit him, he'll go off. I can make a case for the rest of them as well, but would actually put Griese higher than Anderson, but wouldn't you like to see just how bad it is in Chicago and not be the lab rat for that? Drink heavily and trudge Bulger out there one last time hoping they're going to play catch up.

Thanks Gil...Here it is: Tell me what your thinking on each:

10 Start / 10 Res: Stand Scorring: PPR

QB: Garcia, Big Ben, Kitna

RB: Parker, Henry, R. Brown, Betts

WR: Fitz, Colston, Mc Donald, Hackett, Curtis, Crayton, Marshall, J. Jones GB

TE: Davis, Kelly

K: Stover

D: Denver/ Bucs

I may drop Garcia, Crayton, and a D ( I like to play matchups) so I keep a spot....but only after week 6 as thats all my byes....

Bump

I just sat the Denver D and picked up TB a few minutes ago. Kitna's arm may have to be sewn on after last week and this week.

Burress vs. Philly OR

Marshall @ Indy

Standard performance, 1 PPR

-------------------------------------------------------------------

K. Jones vs. Chi OR

L. Evans vs. NYJ OR

Drop M. Clayton and pickup J. Jones @ Minn

Standard performance, no PPR

You were dead on last week for me...Hopefully you can keep it going.

Personally, I'm sitting Burress this week. I have him in one league and I watched that game closely last week. He must have taken some good drugs at halftime because in the first half, he could not get off the line of scrimmage. IF Javon Walker is out, play Marshall over Burress.

I've said earlier that I believe L. Evans is going to have a good week. I'm starting him in the MVP challenge this week, so I've got skin in the game in this recommendation. Good luck.

Pick 2, PPR...

Vincent Jackson vs. KC (Finally came on last week. Could it continue or will SD get out to a big lead and use LT2 all game?)

Dwayne Bowe @ SD (Scored 2 weeks straight. Looks great and KC may be throwing a lot.)

Bobby Engram @ SF (Has been consistent in PPRs, No Hackett, but a lot of balls spread around between Burleson and Branch also)

Brandon Stokley @ Indy (If Javon doesnt play, Stokey becomes an even better option with Denver likely falling behind and throwing.)

Thanks for any help

Thanks Gil...thats why I picked UP TB on Thur.......Fitz will get alot of attention...Gotta play Kelly cause Davis is hurt but hes been ok....Marshall...could go either way, Wakler out he may draw alot of cov..and Stoke may hit big....Jones wont get all the looks with Jennigs back in the mix...but the rook offers good potential.....Brett likes them rooks...Kitna....Ill get the needle...

Good luck..

Bump.....

Another Westbrook owner with a question.....

My best alternative would be to go with Coles, he starts at 1 so I would need to make a move by then. Coles has a decent matchup this week, but really hate the thought of benching Westbrook. Some points are better than none should he end up not going. :D

What do you think?

Pick 2, PPR...

Vincent Jackson vs. KC (Finally came on last week. Could it continue or will SD get out to a big lead and use LT2 all game?)

Dwayne Bowe @ SD (Scored 2 weeks straight. Looks great and KC may be throwing a lot.)

Bobby Engram @ SF (Has been consistent in PPRs, No Hackett, but a lot of balls spread around between Burleson and Branch also)

Brandon Stokley @ Indy (If Javon doesnt play, Stokey becomes an even better option with Denver likely falling behind and throwing.)

Thanks for any help

Personal opinion here is VJax and Engram. I think Bowe comes back down a bit this week, and Stokley might be a sneaky play, but I just don't see it...These are pretty even IMO. Good luck.

Another Westbrook owner with a question.....

My best alternative would be to go with Coles, he starts at 1 so I would need to make a move by then. Coles has a decent matchup this week, but really hate the thought of benching Westbrook. Some points are better than none should he end up not going. :D

What do you think?

Nobody really knows, right? So we have to look at past experience as potential insight. Last year, Westbrook's year was over, and then he explodes for his biggest week. I think he's got a bit of a knee, and he'll be protecting his ribs. But, a division game that both teams need. I'll say that it's 95% that Westbrook plays.