[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Travis Henry failed drug test

mrader59

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really PISSED as I own Henry.....Yes its good to read the Huddle...I have been a super long time member...this is my first to the boards...what was I thinkin all those yrs......

Bump

Welcome and yeh, it's a good resource. I was just happening to visit this site when the news became public.

Young is gone in my league... but yes, I think there is value for Cecil Sapp and Mike Bell (probably Bell ahead of Sapp in my opinion). I simply don't know that Selvin can be a long-term solution.

he can be ..he wont get all the work but he can be the solution

Any idea of T henry's status (injury or otherwise) this week?

I drafted Selvin Young in my main league with just this scenario in mind! And I just picked him up in another league - one of 3 decimated by RB injuries...and I'm considering picking him up in another league (an place of and where I'm slated to start Kenton Keith!)

Does this make Mike Bell valuable again, one has to think so.

Me too....I have gone to the Huddle since early 2000....I believe it may have been longer...loose track a bit ....I just know I have played FF in a couple Locals for a long time now...

Bump.....

QB; Kitna, Big Ben, Garcia

RB: Parker, Henry, R. Brown, Betts, Now Young

WR: Fitz, Colston, B. Marshall, J. Jones GB, Curtis, Crayton, McDonald

TE: Davis, Kelly

k: Stover

D: Denver, Tenn

3-1

Yep. And Cecil Sapp. And Andre Hall. And Paul Smith.

Well Young was the backup thus far through the season, and didn't Shanny just mention like a couple days ago on how much he really LIKED Young and how he was a surprise and how he was fortunate to draft him? ...I think so....at this point Young has the most value.

Well Young was the backup thus far through the season, and didn't Shanny just mention like a couple days ago on how much he really LIKED Young and how he was a surprise and how he was fortunate to draft him? ...I think so....at this point Young has the most value.

Young has the most value I agree but I like anyone in that running scheme.

Bump

I agree that Young has great value - but if he isn't playing this week and Kenton Keith is - well that is my immediate need. Actually - if I piack Young up I will have him on all 5 of my fantasy teams - considering the decimation I've experienced I deserve it...C Williams - 3 leagues, L Jordon - 2 leagues, S Jackson - 1 league (in a 14 team league my rbs were - S Jackson, L Jordon & Caddy!), B Jacobs 3 leagues (at least he is comming back...and I'm even forced to play him in 1 league). Also have Brian Westbrook in a leage (and played him last week...pretty much had too)

I agree that Young has great value - but if he isn't playing this week and Kenton Keith is - well that is my immediate need. Actually - if I piack Young up I will have him on all 5 of my fantasy teams - considering the decimation I've experienced I deserve it...C Williams - 3 leagues, L Jordon - 2 leagues, S Jackson - 1 league (in a 14 team league my rbs were - S Jackson, L Jordon & Caddy!), B Jacobs 3 leagues (at least he is comming back...and I'm even forced to play him in 1 league). Also have Brian Westbrook in a leage (and played him last week...pretty much had too)

my squad is a mash unit and I continue to keep rolling

SJax

Boldin

Walker

Chester

Henry(drug)

my squad is a mash unit and I continue to keep rolling

SJax

Boldin

Walker

Chester

Henry(drug)

Yeah its been a rough year...thought I was all set with L Jordan and C Williams backing up Jackson (14 team league not so bad RBs IMO)...though Jackson himself didn't pan out so well with Pace out and the Rams sucking. Looked like Jordan was going to be a monster (which was my thinking even prior to start of the year) and Caddy was comming around (& with a favorable schedule). I've had some WR injuries as well - but they are ussually always replaceable. But I've been hit by some QB injuries, benching & otherwise making me pretty thin...actually starting Carr (was Garcia until a few minutes ago) & Edwards (Bills) this upcomming week...oh yeah - and I did have Chester in 1 league as well...

Anyway I now have S Young in all 5 of my leagues. Had to drop Daunte Culpepper (himself a fill in for Delhome)...and unfortunatly am only left with Drew Brees at QB (for the moment)...I think he'll have a good week this week - but not sure how he'll pan out for the rest of the season....

Edited by Winoman

Broncos running back Travis Henry sues NFL to withold drug test results

BY ANTHONY M. DESTEFANO | anthony.destefano@newsday.com

8:01 PM EDT, October 4, 2007

Denver Broncos running back Travis Henry is embroiled in a lawsuit to keep the NFL from using the results of a drug test to suspend him, according to court papers filed in Brooklyn federal court.

Henry fired the first salvo in the case Sept. 20 when he attempted to get a restraining order in Suffolk County Supreme Court to block the NFL from using a urine specimen against him and to stop the league from disclosing the test results.

Court papers filed in the state court action couldn't be reviewed late Thursday, and Henry's attorney Robert Dapelo of Patchogue declined comment. But papers filed by the NFL on Monday in federal court suggested that Henry may have failed the test because the documents stated that Henry was trying to stop the league from testing his specimen and "suspending from his employment with the NFL."

While the Suffolk court granted the temporary restraining order against the NFL, the league got an appellate court to vacate that order, court papers disclosed.

The NFL is seeking to have the litigation transferred to Brooklyn federal court because the issue involves interpretation of the league's collective bargaining agreement, which generally is covered by federal labor laws. Henry claims that the NFL violated league substance abuse policy by not allowing his experts to be present for testing of his urine specimen, court papers stated.

The 28 year-old Henry was signed by the Broncos in March after stints with the Tennessee Titans and Buffalo Bills. He leads the league in rushing this season with 433 yards.

NFL attorney Sean O'Donnell of Manhattan declined to comment late Thursday.

More articles

Copyright © 2007, Newsday Inc.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/ny-...,0,826731.story

I wonder how long this will drag out before a decision is made.

Yeah its been a rough year...thought I was all set with L Jordan and C Williams backing up Jackson (14 team league not so bad RBs IMO)...though Jackson himself didn't pan out so well with Pace out and the Rams sucking. Looked like Jordan was going to be a monster (which was my thinking even prior to start of the year) and Caddy was comming around (& with a favorable schedule). I've had some WR injuries as well - but they are ussually always replaceable. But I've been hit by some QB injuries, benching & otherwise making me pretty thin...actually starting Carr (was Garcia until a few minutes ago) & Edwards (Bills) this upcomming week...oh yeah - and I did have Chester in 1 league as well...

Anyway I now have S Young in all 5 of my leagues. Had to drop Daunte Culpepper (himself a fill in for Delhome)...and unfortunatly am only left with Drew Brees at QB (for the moment)...I think he'll have a good week this week - but not sure how he'll pan out for the rest of the season....

exactly....I somehow get a TD from Jennings/Santonio/Marshall this week and had balanced production throughout on a week where no team really had a crazy week...

you have to be extremely lucky and draft a sound team to overcome this crap...

lol @ everyone peeing their pants about Young. You forget what team/HC you're talking about. Even if he does well, his touches (and so value) is limited. Bell/etc will see to that (actually Shanny will). Not saying he isn't worth a pick up at all, but it's not like you're getting the next LT.