[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Arizona Diamondbacks

Shorttynaz

I mean they were doing everything this year that all the ANALysts said was impossible, and they would fall in 4 games to the Cubs. But again, they continue to play small ball and get the BIG OUTS when most needed. This may just be a team of destiny again this year! Bring on the Rockies! Both teams know each other all too well. GO DBACKS!!!

Congrats on winning one series.

:D

We just keep suprising people. I was just watching ESPNEWS and both ANALysts again just said that they had predicted for this series to be a sweep, but expected the Cubs to sweep the Dbacks.

I'm hopin for Colorado. I mean wouldn't you want to play a team you see 20 times a year? And lately seem to have their number, as well as home field advantage. i'm not here yet to start preachin World Series champs, but it's hard to go against the NL's best team.. They're a bunch of nobody's and not getting much love from the media. LOVIN it!!!

Edited by Shorttynaz

WS favorites?? That's pretty funny. Maybe the favorites to get to the WS in the NL. But the NL is weak compared to the AL. Any of the four teams in the AL playoffs would be favored against the D-Backs. No team in the NL had a better record than any of the teams in the AL playoffs. Plus the AL has homefield in the Series. Keep dreaming though. Congrats on the NLCS birth!

WS favorites?? That's pretty funny. Maybe the favorites to get to the WS in the NL. But the NL is weak compared to the AL. Any of the four teams in the AL playoffs would be favored against the D-Backs. No team in the NL had a better record than any of the teams in the AL playoffs. Plus the AL has homefield in the Series. Keep dreaming though. Congrats on the NLCS birth!

The D-Backs still have to get there, but it's a different game when the pitcher actually has to bat. 9 hitters against 8 and an easy out. That's a decent advantage. Oh well, like I said, I'm not going to start chanting WS champs just yet, but it's been this way all season long. Everything just seems to be going right. I mean when you hit a batter and it doesn't get called, and on the next pitch he jacks it literally out of the park, you know you're rollin'.

The D-Backs still have to get there, but it's a different game when the pitcher actually has to bat. 9 hitters against 8 and an easy out. That's a decent advantage. Oh well, like I said, I'm not going to start chanting WS champs just yet, but it's been this way all season long. Everything just seems to be going right. I mean when you hit a batter and it doesn't get called, and on the next pitch he jacks it literally out of the park, you know you're rollin'.

No offense but the AZ offense is not very good. And your pitchers aren't very good hitters either so that is not a 9 v 8 advantage. The only decent hitting pitcher is Livan, Webb hit 082 and Davis was worse. The AZ stats are terrible.

Compare them to the AL teams and it's not even close. I can't say you have a pitching advantage either against Boston or Cleveland or even NY / Anaheim.

No offense but the AZ offense is not very good. And your pitchers aren't very good hitters either so that is not a 9 v 8 advantage. The only decent hitting pitcher is Livan, Webb hit 082 and Davis was worse. The AZ stats are terrible.

Compare them to the AL teams and it's not even close. I can't say you have a pitching advantage either against Boston or Cleveland or even NY / Anaheim.

But that's just it. It's what everyone has been saying all year long. AZ is not that good. We're all entitled to our own opinions, but weren't they the best team in the NL this year? If they're not that good, then why are they playing for a chance to get into the WS? I dont care what the stats suggest, and I really dont think the team does either. To say there's not good hitting pitchers, there is a guy on the roster named Micah Owings. He's a starting pitcher. Melvin will occasionally (maybe once a week) use him as a pinch hitter. I guess you didnt see SportsCenter on his last regular season game. He went 4-4 with 3 doubles. A few weeks ago he had a multi-HR game. And his stuff (pitching) isn't half bad either! It's fair for you to hate on the Dbacks cause they may not be your team, and they may not have a powerful lineup like the Yankee's or Anaheim, but where's that got each one of those teams? Oh yeah, they're both down 0-2. Offense wins games, and the Dbacks have done it all year long. Do enough to win and save enough for the next game. The cool thing is most of the players on this roster are "home-grown". NO ONE can say this time that they "bought a championship". You should watch a few games when they play the Rockies. You'll find yourself wondering how the hell they do it? Everyday it's a different player that steps up. The scary thing is this team will only get better and better through these next few seasons. And the thing that's scarier than that even - they're still LOADED with talent in the minors. I'm excited. And the Dbacks are getting about as much love as anyone here in Phoenix would want them to get. Let everyone overlook them. Dont give them their due. They'll just surprise you like they did on 2001. Weren't the Yankee's favored to win in 5 that series? And this past series... Weren't the Cubs favored to sweep AZ? :D

Edited by Shorttynaz

So you're saying that talent the rest of the way doesn't count and basically god wants your team to win?

This thread makes no sense.

Your team won a bad NL West division and then beat a mediocre Cubs team and may beat a decent Rockies team but that in no way makes your club that good. You are probably worse then the Cardinals last year but in today's MLB it means you have a shot to win it all. The Indians of Sox should beat you guys because of starting pitching but you never know.

I appreciate your enthusiasm though.

Edited by chiefjay

Once again, we're all entitled to our opinions. To say that the NL West is/was bad is just ignorance. This past season it was probably the most competitive division. There were 3 teams all flirting with the top spot all year long, and at the end, the 2 teams expected to be the frontrunners fell short. The NL West may not be star studded, but it's by far the most competitive. I mean outside of a piss poor excuse for a baseball team in San Francisco, there are 4 pretty good ballclubs.

And again, I'm not going to sit here and start preaching WS champs, but I will post a thread based on my opinion. You dont have to agree with it, but when the Dbacks make it to the WS and make it a great series again, I hope that you will be somewhere around here, or come back and just say "you were right."

Edited by Shorttynaz

you're leaving out micah owings, probably the best hitting pitcher in all of baseball by a fair margin.

Nice fans you got there shorty.

yeah, that was pretty lame. and i know he's practically still a teenager, but justin upton was a little d00sh last night. he gets brushed on the leg (with a runner on base) by a curve ball that missed inside, and he's glaring down at francis like the dude just plunked him in the head. then he does that flying shoulder roll bullschit on the play where the ump called interference, nevermind that he tried to spike kaz on the same play. weak. talented kid, but he needs to grow up a bit.

I think the Dbaxx will take 2 out of 3 in Colorado and finish it off in AZ. Colorado has been on a hot streak and it's going to come to a halt.

As far as AZ playing in a weak division, I disagree too. 4 out of 5 teams were over .500 overall.

Look at the AL East--other than Boston and NY, Toronto was barely a few games over .500 and then you have Baltimore and Tampa who might be a contender as college teams.

Cleveland and Detroit in the AL Central, after that MN, White Sox and KC suck.

It's October--anything can happen.

Your team won a bad NL West division ...

so which divisions are better?

AL east teams averaged 81.6 wins this season

AL central teams averaged 80.8 wins

AL west teams averaged 83.25 wins

NL east teams averaged 81.0 wins

NL central teams averaged 76.5 wins

NL west teams this year averaged 84.4 wins this season, not to mention two teams in postseason, both through to the LCS.

Edited by Azazello1313

so which divisions are better?

AL east teams averaged 81.6 wins this season

AL central teams averaged 80.8 wins

AL west teams averaged 83.25 wins

NL east teams averaged 81.0 wins

NL central teams averaged 76.5 wins

NL west teams this year averaged 84.4 wins this season, not to mention two teams in postseason, both through to the LCS.

I don't think you can just look at it from a wins perspectve as each division plays each other 18 times plus the other teams in their conference and then Interleague about 18 games. Someone has to win every game.

The AL probably had 7 good teams, the 4 playoff teams plus Toronto, Detroit, and Seattle.

The NL probably had 5 good teams, Philly, NYM, Colorado, AZ, and SD. I can't include Chicago, if Milwaukee would have made the playoffs I probably include them but they faded.

Rocks are on an amazing hot streak and are right up there with the AL teams with the possible exception of the Red Sox.

I don't think you can just look at it from a wins perspectve as each division plays each other 18 times plus the other teams in their conference and then Interleague about 18 games. Someone has to win every game.

that is ridiculous, as it is true for EVERY division. so when you look at from a wins perspective, you get an accurate measure of how they fared against the REST of baseball. pull out all the divisional games, where every division is .500, and the NL west looks even STRONGER.

just admit it, when you called the NL west a bad division, you were talking 100% out of your ass. by any rational measure (unless you measure by espn highlights), they were the BEST division in baseball this year and it wasn't even very close.