[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

USC GOES DOWN

theeohiostate

Sat., Sep. 1 vs. UCLA * Stanford, CA L, 45-17

Sat., Sep. 15 vs. San Jose State Stanford, CA W, 37-0

Sat., Sep. 22 vs. Oregon * Stanford, CA L, 55-31

Sat., Sep. 29 vs. Arizona State * Stanford, CA L, 41-3

Sat., Oct. 6 at USC * Los Angeles, CA W, 24-23

I'm not one to kick a team when it's down (after all, I'm a Florida alum), but the above is Stanford's season thus far. Aside from San Jose State, Stanford was routed every other game. They had their backup QB in. USC was 40 pt favorites, at home. There really are no valid excuses. I don't get USC games here in Florida so I can't say what happened to USC, but I don't see how USC plays for the NC this year with that loss on their schedule.

But they are the darlings of the west.

You're the co-champion in title alone if you lost to the other team. There's a reason why USC was the team that went to the Rose Bowl. And Cal will probably lose to USC again.

Booty broke his middle finger in the first quarter, which might explain the four interceptions. What really hurt though was missing Stafon Johnson, C.J. Gable and two offensive linemen. Chauncey is a power runner who needs the offensive line. Johnson could have made his own holes and kept Booty from needing to throw. USC missed a fourth-and-1 and was stopped at the goal line on the final play of the first half.

USC was ripe for the picking because of injuries and the still-green receivers. There are games like this every year for USC in the Pac-10, but the Trojans usually either step it up at the end or the other team can't make the plays to win. Every once in a while, the opponent does make the plays. You never thought it would be Stanford, but the Cardinal did convert a couple of big plays. Mozique McCurtis, who was beat on the final TD, is just awful. He's like the new John Walker. It's unfortunate he's been forced into playing with injuries to USC's second-, third- and fifth-best CBs. And USC's fourth-best CB, Cary Harris, is banged up. USC's best defensive player, Brian Cushing, also is hurt, and so is the guy who replaced him at linebacker -- Clay Matthews.

Carroll made some horrible miscues. He burned two timeouts in Stanford's final drive, one challenging an obvious correct spot and another as the Cardinal was lining up for the final fourth-down play. Keep those and Booty can take a timeout to save 15 seconds and a down after the sack. But, the way he was throwing, the drive probably would have ended in a pick anyway. I also think that, the way Booty was passing, Carroll should have run the ball on the second-to-last drive, punted and trusted that Stanford couldn't go the length of the field against USC.

USC could still run the table and win the Pac-10, but Booty's legacy at USC is pretty much cemented as a disappointment.

LMMFAO. Just have to save this classic excuse after excuse how your sad sack team loses at home, to a 41 point under dog, and probably one of the worst 5 teams in divsion 1 A. SC should drop out of the top 15 easily. But they wont. I just hope this sad sack team can beat Cal, but I doubt it.

• 1 year later...