[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Les Miles

theeohiostate

Give the wa wa injury thing a rest. Did I complain about Flynn, Doucet, Dorsey. It's part of the game if you don't have depth your screwed. Iv'e watched this game twice and I have just one thing to say. Please Michigan please sign his azz. LSU has overcome his fluck ups with superior talent but they could not pull it out again. and Rocker give it a rest.

Slayer is one of those new spoiled LSU fans. How old are you? 16

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one can deny his clock management was bad tonight, but that's something he can work on and get better at.

Dude, are you serious?

One does not get "better at" not losing one's cool, not this far into one's career. There needs to be one guy on the sidelines who knows exactly what is going on. There needs to be one guy thinking, "OK, if we get tackled in bounds, we take as much time as we can off the play clock and call time out." 18 year old kids freak out and call time out right away, not guys coaching BCS Champ hopefuls. If some freshman QB spazzes out and calls time out, then you say. "Give the guy a break, he's only a kid. That's something he can work on and get better at." LSU head coach? Dude's gotta keep his head together.

This, of course, is on the heels of weekly bonehead moves already.

Edited by detlef

LSU is use to having coaches like that. Dale Brown in basketball ring a bell? Like I said, no one is defending the man's clock management skill.

My point is that it goes a bit deeper than "clock management skill". It's an indicator that he can't keep his head. We're not talking about some savvy nuances to working the clock to maximum advantage. We're talking about not jumping up and down and frantically calling time out like there's one second left.

Big problems typically manifest themselves in small ways. The myopic can point to each manifestation as something small that just needs to be ironed out. However, if you find yourself ironing all the time, that you are always one step behind each "little problem", then you begin to realize that someone is in above their head.

My point is that it goes a bit deeper than "clock management skill". It's an indicator that he can't keep his head. We're not talking about some savvy nuances to working the clock to maximum advantage. We're talking about not jumping up and down and frantically calling time out like there's one second left.

Big problems typically manifest themselves in small ways. The myopic can point to each manifestation as something small that just needs to be ironed out. However, if you find yourself ironing all the time, that you are always one step behind each "little problem", then you begin to realize that someone is in above their head.

Whats sad for LSU fans is Michigan probably never really had interest in Miles, but Miles and his team let this story take away from their preparation, and it cost them a game they had no business losing.

Whats sad for LSU fans is Michigan probably never really had interest in Miles, but Miles and his team let this story take away from their preparation, and it cost them a game they had no business losing.

I don't think you can fairly pin that one on Les. He said exactly what he should have said, "No comment". Anything else and he unfairly gives up his options or is labeled a liar. Obviously the media made a big deal about the opening but what else is new?

So what are you saying? Fire Coach Miles? :D

Please give Ar-kansas some credit here.

Rumors can not beat a football team and stuff like that imo affects fans and media more than anything else.

I can't see in pratice the players going "oops" I just screwed up my assignment must have been that Les Miles to Michigan rumor.

The game is played on the field and granted I never played for a program like LSU or Michigan, however I never cared about anything going on outside of what my job was and the team we were playing. I just have a hard time thinking a rumor affects a team.

Arkansas won that game and worked their butts off to win that game and to say LSU was not prepared to play due to a rumor is either a excuse or a believe that Arkansas could not beat LSU without the help of a rumor and if that's the case I'm willing to start rumors everytime we play Michigan from here on out.

Please give Ar-kansas some credit here.

Rumors can not beat a football team and stuff like that imo affects fans and media more than anything else.

I can't see in pratice the players going "oops" I just screwed up my assignment must have been that Les Miles to Michigan rumor.

The game is played on the field and granted I never played for a program like LSU or Michigan, however I never cared about anything going on outside of what my job was and the team we were playing. I just have a hard time thinking a rumor affects a team.

Arkansas won that game and worked their butts off to win that game and to say LSU was not prepared to play due to a rumor is either a excuse or a believe that Arkansas could not beat LSU without the help of a rumor and if that's the case I'm willing to start rumors everytime we play Michigan from here on out.

werd.

People are quick to point to LSU losing to a team with a "one dimensional offense". Of course, when that one dimension is McFadden and dude decides to turn in a game like he did on Friday, all bets are off. Anyone who's spent any time watching sports has seen more than one occasion when a truly special player has had the kind of game where he carried his otherwise overmatched team to victory.

Actually, the more I think of it, any who actually watched the game can't even say that Arkansas was one dimensional. The need to focus on McFadden opened up the field for some other players to make some impressive plays of their own and they certainly took advantage of it. Did they air it out? Hardly, but they were able to complete some timely passes, likely due to the fact that LSU had worry about #5 all day.

Which I think this over time is just as flawed as any OT, Its just the way it ought to be, its probably correct. 1:21

LMMFAO

He is an absolute joke.

Has the ba11s to say they would be undefeated in the old system :D .

when we all know they easliy could have 4 Losses! what an effing moron-

"No one has bested us in 60 minutes" according to good ole Les, LSU is undefeated in the old system- what a fool

Le Miles

:D Good for Les. This is what I have been saying. LSU has yet to lose a game this season of regulation football, OT football and even a double OT football. At some point maybe they should have just flipped a coin to see which team gets the wins and which team loses. :D

I agree with Miles. The current OT system is decent and that's all we have, so it should count as a loss, but maybe not as much as a regulation loss when it comes to pollsters. In short OT is basically not football the way it's suppose to be played. It takes a 100 yard field and reduces it to 25 yards. Which in turn takes away alot of the normal game strategies and replaces it with another completely different strategies like red zone offense and defense. It's certainly considered a form of football but just not the way the game of football suppose to be played.

If anyone disagrees then they are probably someone who thinks baseball and softball are the same game. :wacko: