[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ACC Hoops-Pratices have started and PS starts next week.

PantherDave

http://www.gopack.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPS...;ATCLID=1279526

I'll post the current news for the Pack and I hope my other ACC brethren have some snippets to add as well.

http://www.gopack.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPS...;ATCLID=1267232

JJ Hickson- Power Forward

http://www.gopack.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPS...;ATCLID=1265317

The simple fact is....Sendeck could not even sniff the talent that Lowe will bring in.....I'm ready for some Hoops!!!!!

Edited by PantherDave

The Wolfpack is my team as well, and I'm very excited about the upcoming season. I also concur with you about Sendeck....a very good coach but he would not have taken the Pack any further than he did....ala the "talent" thing. The top recruits want to play for Lowe and would not have so with Herb. It rankles some around here....but the other Giant on Tobacco Road has awoken from it's long slumber.....The Pack is Back.

Read today, The Heels are #1 preseason in USA-Today. Not much of a suprise really. This is our year. We are deep and experienced. Terry will be missed but anybody who watched him play knew that he would just blank out at times. Wayne Ellington is primed for a big year. Ty Lawson should be one of, if not the top PG in the league. Deon Thompson will make people forget about Brendan Wright, and we still have Steveson to add depth in the paint. Speaking of depth, we still have Quentin Thomas, Danny Green MArcus Ginyard and Bobby Frasor. Do I even need to mention Tyler?

Hey Timmy, saw Duke getting some preseason love as well. Gotta say, not sure I understand why. Paulus & Scheyer will continue to have difficulty guarding quicker players on the perimiter. Zoubek is too slow to run. Henderson and NElson are nice athletes, but I'm not sure who's going to do the scoring on this squad, as long as you don;t give them the 3 ball. The Dook rookies have been pretty overrated the last few years and I don;t see any reason this years crop will be any different.

I live in Apex NC..The Peak of Good Livng :D and like PD...I back the Pack. I concur with billay, if not for Coach K, Duke is not even ranked in the top 20. I think the Heels and WolfPack are a few notches above.....Heels everyone knows it and the Pack will soon prove it. This feels like the ACC in the 70's and 80's this year. I'm so ready for ACC Hoops I can hardly contain myself......Mrs. Waffle locks me in the bonus room during games, but the Waffeletes join me...they think Daddy is funny come B-Ball season.

I went to the Red/White game this past week-end, and all I can say is JJ Hickson is a absolute monster in the paint and has a nice soft jumper ala Thurl Bailey from the outside. This kid is the real deal and as it stands right now, I feel very few can man this kid up one on one in conference right now, and he's only going to get better during the year. The Pack is Back-you can take that to the bank, Farngald looed good at the point as well and had several nice assist to go with some nice defensive play. The Wolf Pack has no glaring weakness this year-solid frontcourt(rated #1 by some) and a now deep and talented bench,and the back court has more than one point gaurd.

I went to the Red/White game this past week-end, and all I can say is JJ Hickson is a absolute monster in the paint and has a nice soft jumper ala Thurl Bailey from the outside. This kid is the real deal and as it stands right now, I feel very few can man this kid up one on one in conference right now, and he's only going to get better during the year. The Pack is Back-you can take that to the bank, Farngald looed good at the point as well and had several nice assist to go with some nice defensive play. The Wolf Pack has no glaring weakness this year-solid frontcourt(rated #1 by some) and a now deep and talented bench,and the back court has more than one point gaurd.

I read that he looked very good, as did McCauley and Costner, I'll post the linky poo.