[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is your FAVORITE Beer?

Atlanta Cracker

Red Hook ESB

i was going to say this because it is what I drink more than anything else. I know there are other beers out there that I probably like more, but I would have to pay more for them. If I take price and taste into the equation I choose Red Hook ESB every time.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to say, but if it was only one I would probably have to go with something that I could easily drink several of per day, each day, every day. That being the case, I would have to consider an English Bitter Style. Boddingtons maybe. Although, the Special Bitter, Like Fullers would also do. An ESB would also be considered, such as Red Hook. The other style that I would consider would be IPA. Love hops, and there are many fine American produced IPAs to select from. While I do like stout and porter, they are not every day fare for me. I'll do some drinking over the next few days and make a selection. Might have to consider some pils as well, but I'm kind of an ale person.

found in 22 oz bottles...never have seen them in 6 pk/ 12 oz.

franziskaner

their hefe is very good as well....

these are the biers that inspired my board name

edit: 16.9 not 22

Grabbed one on the way home tonight. Enjoyed it very much!! :D

Not my ideal beer for everyday regular consumption but excellent for a special occasion!

I too like the Red Hook ESB. It's especially delicious on tap!

found in 22 oz bottles...never have seen them in 6 pk/ 12 oz.

franziskaner

their hefe is very good as well....

these are the biers that inspired my board name

edit: 16.9 not 22

uh, that's 0.5 liters :D

I grabbed two bottles last night (for .66 Euros each including taxes). Even with the horrible exchange rate, it still works out to about under $4 US for a traditional six-pack of 12-ouncers. :wacko:

I also grabbed some Stuttgarter Hoffbrau so that I could better make a comparision and on my way home tonight I will probably grab a third or fourth type of other beer so that I can have a nice beer-tasting this evening.

:D

(Also, I will not that my normal favorite types of beer are English bitters and IPAs)

Edited by wiegie

Boulevard Wheat. But it would be difficult to stay with one beer forever. Sorta like getting married. Would it still be permissable to look at other beers and perhaps hold them in your hands every once in a while? When beer commercials come on the TV can we continue to stare or do we have to lie to our beer in our hand and tell it it's waaaaaaaaaay better looking than that bottle on the screen? :D

Boulevard Wheat. But it would be difficult to stay with one beer forever. Sorta like getting married. Would it still be permissable to look at other beers and perhaps hold them in your hands every once in a while? When beer commercials come on the TV can we continue to stare or do we have to lie to our beer in our hand and tell it it's waaaaaaaaaay better looking than that bottle on the screen? :D

Hehe, well the one beer analogy was to get to your truly favorite beer. Since this post I have added 3-4 new beers to my fridge and don't even have a single one of my "favorites" around....

Another great one that I'd forgotten about lately but picked up more of yesterday is Tupper's Hop Pocket Ale.

I guess since it's finally cooling off I'm more in the mood for something with a little bite!

i was going to say this because it is what I drink more than anything else. I know there are other beers out there that I probably like more, but I would have to pay more for them. If I take price and taste into the equation I choose Red Hook ESB every time.

Exactly right. I can get it anywhere. Put me at certain bars that are serving ESB and other beers, I might order something else...Like Mac&Jacks African Amber.

I like the Anchor Christmas but if it were one beer for all seasons I'd prefer the Ancor Steam.

It was a tough choice.....but if you are asking me what my favorite beer is, that is tha answer. when I find it in a store, I try and buy that store out of it so I can keep it in my fridge all year :D

Man tough topic here...

A few I enjoy when only having a few:

delerium tremmens, chimay, franziskaner, rougue, beamish, boddington's, smithwick's (smiticks for you noobs), Hoegaarden, McEwen's IPA

If I'm drinking heavily:

Boulevard Wheat, Blue Moon, NewCastle, Youngs Dirty Dicks, Stella,

If I'm drinking all day ie Vegas, Derby, Mardi Gras, St. Paddy's day:

Mich Light, Budwieser, Bud Select, Bud Light (all piss but it get's the job done after about 24)

Edited by twiley

If I could only have one kind, though with an unlimited supply it would be Chimay, hands down. Still made in ultra small batches with unsurpassed care and knowledge.

There would be many seconds to include, Alskan Amber, MacTarnahans Amber, Redhook Nut Brown Ale and IPA.

Man tough topic here...

A few I enjoy when only having a few:

delerium tremmens, chimay, franziskaner, rougue, beamish, boddington's, smithwick's (smiticks for you noobs), Hoegaarden, McEwen's IPA

If I'm drinking heavily:

Boulevard Wheat, Blue Moon, NewCastle, Youngs Dirty Dicks, Stella,

If I'm drinking all day ie Vegas, Derby, Mardi Gras, St. Paddy's day:

Mich Light, Budwieser, Bud Select, Bud Light (all piss but it get's the job done after about 24)

Sorry Twiley, but smuticks is the most overrated beer that I have had in a long time.

Otherwise, a very nice list. :D

Well, I decided to try four German beers last night:

Stuttgarter Hofbrau Pilsen: A nice smooth pilsner. Nothing fancy and not bad at all--I could drink this all of the time if I had to (not that it is my favorite beer in the world by far though). (4.9%)

Alpirsbacher Klosterbrau Pils: Another standard pilsner. It was fine and I would drink it again, but I liked the Stuttgarter better. (4.9%)

Franziskaner Hefe-Weiss Dunkel: OK, here's the deal... I'm just not a fan of wheat beers. I see that all of you guys love this stuff, but it was just not my cup of tea. (5.0%)

Paulaner Salvatore: Had a honey sweet taste and seemed to have (although this was likely just my perception) a high-viscosity, almost like syrup. (7.9%) (I didn't realize this beer had such a high alcohol content until I started drinking it. This beer was not unpleasant, but I won't buy it again.)

Sorry Twiley, but smuticks is the most overrated beer that I have had in a long time.

Otherwise, a very nice list. :D

I may have to revisit the smuticks. I haven't had it in awhile and the last time I had it we had already put away about 9 at home before heading out so piss probably tasted good at that point. :D

I may have to revisit the smuticks. I haven't had it in awhile and the last time I had it we had already put away about 9 at home before heading out so piss probably tasted good at that point. :D

I enjoy it. I wouldnt put it on my favorite list, but its not bad.

An ice cold ANYTHING at the Carrier Dome while watching Syracuse. Syracuse is one of only a couple D1 schools who serve booze at games. So it's a great feeling to down an ice cold Bud Light knowing that it's rare to have it happen at a college sporting even (legally)

UW-Green Bay does too. That may because they play their home games off campus and the arena allows alcohol.

An ice cold ANYTHING at the Carrier Dome while watching Syracuse. Syracuse is one of only a couple D1 schools who serve booze at games. So it's a great feeling to down an ice cold Bud Light knowing that it's rare to have it happen at a college sporting even (legally)

That's awesome, I can't begin to tell you how many mini-bottles of vodka and bourbon I've stashed into my jacket at Mizzou games,

eh, i think it's pretty good. got a beautiful color, pretty nicely balanced flavor. not one of my very top faves, but a very drinkable beer. :D

one of my favorite cheaper, drinking-more-than-a-couple beers is negra modelo. when i drink one after drinking something else, i think hmm, this doesn't have much to it. but then if i'm just drinking negra modelo after negra modelo it agrees with my palette in a very mellow, refreshing way.

one of my favorite cheaper, drinking-more-than-a-couple beers is negra modelo. when i drink one after drinking something else, i think hmm, this doesn't have much to it. but then if i'm just drinking negra modelo after negra modelo it agrees with my palette in a very mellow, refreshing way.

When I was in Cancun about 5 years ago the resort had this on tap. It was All-Inclusive...I got very drunk all week on Negra Modelo. I also find it's a very good "change of pace" beer for those marathon days.

I sample many and enjoy most (like Magic Hat #9), but my favorite would be my mainstay....Michelob Light (not Ultra, that chit is horrible). Now the new little pussely slim line cans are a pain in the ass, as they don't stay in the drink holder in the golf carts.....put one out into the fairway when taking a turn.