[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

World Series Thread

Shorttynaz

First off, you've got to tip your hats to the Indians. They've played a hell of a series and gave it their all. But how about them Red Sox? These past three games have been an impressive offensive showing! I cant wait for the WS!! There's goiing to be a lot of fireworks! I'll be glued!

Congrats to both the Rocks and the Sox!!

Edited by Shorttynaz

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is, who do the Yankee fans cheer for?

As a fan of the Dbacks, I'll be cheering for the division rival Colorado Rockies. I dont want to count them out before it starts, but they've got a tall task ahead of them!! Regardless, it's going to be an exciting WS (at least IMO).

First off, you've got to tip your hats to the Indians. They've played a hell of a series and gave it their all. But how about them Red Sox? These past three games have been an impressive offensive showing! I cant wait for the WS!! There's goiing to be a lot of fireworks! I'll be glued!

man you were quick! I was going to start one.

The indians are a really good team and I tip my hat to a hell of a team and a hell of a series. :wacko:

I think the WS is going to be a lot of fun. You have the sox who just played a long emotional come from behind series and you have to wonder how that will affect them. But we all know how they did the last time they were down and came back.

The Rockies however have not lost a game in over month and you have to respect the kind of baseball they have been playing. On the other hand they have been sitting in the snow for over a week and you have to wonder if that will have an affect on their momentum.

All being said I can not wait for the WS and it is going to be a blast!!! :D

GO SOX!!! :wacko::D

The only sad thing that came out of this series was that the Indians will once again not win a World Series. I have zero problem with Cleveland and as a fan of a team that could not win a big game for nearly all my life I know how bad that sucks. That was one heck of a team the Red Sox just beat.

Colorado is going to be a beast. Hopefully weather does not play a factor.

My question is, who do the Yankee fans cheer for?

:D Ummm...we cheer for the Yankees!

As a fan of the game of baseball, I just hope for a good World Series and may the best team win. Good luck to both the Rockies and the Red Sox.

:D Maybe a little more luck to the Rockies...

its 1:00 am and some of the players are still on the feild!...ha!

this is GREAT!....what a series!

Indians, a tip o' the hat to you guys!...helluva ballclub!

Beckett, series MVP! what a 2 game performance by this guy!

you got a have a pitcher like Josh to win it all....

Pedroia the BIGGEST 5'9" player in MLB!

SK...you have to change yer avy to the dancin fool! Pap is a nut!! lol

Francona, great guy! great Manager! never doubted him, and thats the trueth.

in post game interview Manny said, we was throwing to the cut off man,

he wasn't going to throw home to try and throw out Lofton....oh man!...what a mistake by the Indians third base coach.

the game turned on that play...much, much, much closer than the final score

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!?

man you were quick! I was going to start one.

The indians are a really good team and I tip my hat to a hell of a team and a hell of a series. :wacko:

I think the WS is going to be a lot of fun. You have the sox who just played a long emotional come from behind series and you have to wonder how that will affect them. But we all know how they did the last time they were down and came back.

The Rockies however have not lost a game in over month and you have to respect the kind of baseball they have been playing. On the other hand they have been sitting in the snow for over a week and you have to wonder if that will have an affect on their momentum.

All being said I can not wait for the WS and it is going to be a blast!!! :D

GO SOX!!! :wacko::D

See the last World Series they won. To me, this time of year in baseball is about peaking at the right time. The Rockies may have done that too soon and the BoSox will take the momentum of the Cleveland series with them into the World Series.

beckett looked fantastic..... rocks just couldn't catch up to that fastball. great clutch hitting (2 out) by the sox.

i just don't think the bosox lineup can be slowed down in the al parks. serious loss when they move teh games to CO.

this is life in Boston these days.....it allows for quotes like this from Bob Ryan of the Globe.

"At this point, (5th inning) the Red Sox had scored a just plain sick 36 runs in their last 21 turns at bat. And they don't even have Brady and Moss."

and so we move on to game two.....

the 21 of 22 by the Rockies is amazin', but it's in the past, and was in the past before the start of last nights

game. i never even considered it a factor for this series. i look at the body of work from their entire season

which isn't impressive and nowhere near 21 of 22....this kid tonight concerns me a bit, Sox have never faced him, but he better throw strikes....if he cant find the zone it will be another long night.

Manny is just a true pleasure to watch at bat. The guy has turned it into an art.

The best pure hitter i've ever seen.

As I looked at the score and the dominance last night I couldn't help but think that in the end, this still only counts as 1 win, and we've got 3 more to go. I've seen other teams win one blowout and lose the series.

I must be a lifelong Red Sox fan if I'm always looking at the brightside like that. :D

As I looked at the score and the dominance last night I couldn't help but think that in the end, this still only counts as 1 win, and we've got 3 more to go. I've seen other teams win one blowout and lose the series.

I must be a lifelong Red Sox fan if I'm always looking at the brightside like that. :D

One thing I love about baseball in comparison to other sports is that as long as a team has even one out left to make, they have a chance to come back and win. You have to play to the end no matter what.

Last night was great. I hope that the Rockies are demoralized and psychologically damaged. But, 3 more games will not win themselves regardless. Go Curt.

One thing I love about baseball in comparison to other sports is that as long as a team has even one out left to make, they have a chance to come back and win. You have to play to the end no matter what.

Last night was great. I hope that the Rockies are demoralized and psychologically damaged. But, 3 more games will not win themselves regardless. Go Curt.

I'm not going to start worrying that I have tickets to game 5 unless we win the next one in a blowout too. That's a promise I made myself.