[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

World Series Thread

Shorttynaz

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i look at the body of work from their entire season

which isn't impressive

oh yeah? you've really looked at their body of work, huh? :D first in the NL in team batting average. first in the NL in team ERA after the all-star break. set an all-time baseball record for team fielding percentage. won 90 games in the deepest division in baseball despite a 10-16 april. yeah you obviously watched a lot of their games and are thoroughly familiar with their very unimpressive body of work. :D

oh yeah? you've really looked at their body of work, huh? :D first in the NL in team batting average. first in the NL in team ERA after the all-star break. set an all-time baseball record for team fielding percentage. won 90 games in the deepest division in baseball despite a 10-16 april. yeah you obviously watched a lot of their games and are thoroughly familiar with their very unimpressive body of work. :D

Gotta believe the eight day layoff was very detrimental to them. They are a much better team than last night indicated. Jimenez vs Schilling is much more problematic for the Sox than last night's mismatch.

Gotta believe the eight day layoff was very detrimental to them. They are a much better team than last night indicated. Jimenez vs Schilling is much more problematic for the Sox than last night's mismatch.

If I were a rockies fan, I would be a little bit concerned about Jimenez. He's a rook with like 4 career wins, and watched the sox decimate the team's top pitcher last night.

The best thing for the Rockies is to get on Schilling early, because I don't think the Bats will quiet down tonight.

Edited by Caveman_Nick

If I were a rockies fan, I would be a little bit concerned about Jimenez. He's a rook with like 4 career wins, and watched the sox decimate the team's top pitcher last night.

The best thing for the Rockies is to get on Schilling early, because I don't think the Bats will quiet down tonight.

eh, jimenez will be fine as long as he trusts his stuff. francis wasn't on his game at all last night. he was nibbling (and missing) early in the count and then just grooving hittable pitches right down the middle. if his location is off like that, he becomes easy to hit. he had a few games like that during the season, which is why he had a pretty high ERA despite winning 17 games and being very good in most of his outings. i'm kind of glad they got that turd out of the way last night, 'cause they weren't beating beckett regardless. i am worried about manny, ortiz, etc. however, i am not worried about the rockies being discouraged or shellshocked or any of that other psychobabble nonsense. i don't know if they'll win the series, but i am pretty sure they won't continue to play as badly as they did last night.

oh yeah? you've really looked at their body of work, huh? :D first in the NL in team batting average. first in the NL in team ERA after the all-star break. set an all-time baseball record for team fielding percentage. won 90 games in the deepest division in baseball despite a 10-16 april.edit: that would also be the NL yeah you obviously watched a lot of their games and are thoroughly familiar with their very unimpressive body of work. :D

NL....ahem, see my point?

never said i watched alot of their games.....and defensively, they are very good.

relying on young talent in the World Series is not a good thing (read, pitching...example, game 1)

still not impressed.

eh, jimenez will be fine as long as he trusts his stuff. francis wasn't on his game at all last night. he was nibbling (and missing) early in the count and then just grooving hittable pitches right down the middle. if his location is off like that, he becomes easy to hit. he had a few games like that during the season, which is why he had a pretty high ERA despite winning 17 games and being very good in most of his outings. i'm kind of glad they got that turd out of the way last night, 'cause they weren't beating beckett regardless. i am worried about manny, ortiz, etc. however, i am not worried about the rockies being discouraged or shellshocked or any of that other psychobabble nonsense. i don't know if they'll win the series, but i am pretty sure they won't continue to play as badly as they did last night.

Yep. Jimenez figured out the art of the K in his last two / three starts and if he doesn't get knocked around early, he'll be fine. Rockies have to get after Schilling tonight - 2-0 down might be too much.

ETA: I have it on Tivo so I can skip the commercials later, for those that might wonder about the timing of this post.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

Here is hoping for a well fought series, but Boston pitching is looking absolutely dominant against Todd Helton and the 8 other dudes I'm not familiar with.

Not that I care, because baseball season ended for me when my Yankees screwed the ppch again, but this should not surprise anyone. For the last half of this season, it was widely discussed that any of 3 or 4 AL teams would easily dismantle the NL representative. Especially one who plays in a humidor. The NL is an absolute joke.

It's "Rock"tober, al right...the no-names in purple are getting rocked by the most complete team in baseball.

Ugh...I just threw up in my mouth when I wrote that...

If the Rockies show that resilience this could end up being a fun series to watch..So far most of the Rockies look like deers in the headlights..Boston is playing with swagger . The Rockies are very tight and cant seem to get the big hit when they need to. Hopefully this gets competitive back in Colorado..

Edited by whomper

If the Rockies show that resilience this could end up being a fun series to watch..So far most of the Rockies look like deers in the headlights..Boston is playing with swagger . The Rockies are very tight and cant seem to get the big hit when they need to. Hopefully this gets competitive back in Colorado..

It may not help that the stands out here will be filled with 1/4 to 1/3 die hard Red Sox fans.

It may not help that the stands out here will be filled with 1/4 to 1/3 die hard Red Sox fans.

Is that mostly displaced fans or red sox nation traveling ?

Edited by whomper

Is that mostly displaced fans or red sox nation traveling ?

Denver is mostly immigrants (from other states, that is... no dirty suedes). It's rare to find people who grew up here. The team has only been around for 14 years, so it's no guarantee that people out here are willing to shell out the dough to see their team in the WS.

When I went to the 3 Sox/Rox inter-league games out here back in 2004, the stands were majority filled with Red Sox fans. We had "Lets Go Red Sox" chants going in Coors field.

Of course... that was before the renewed interest because of the amazing team this year. That was back during the "Keggerz" years for the team.

half way there.....now the Sox have to climb the mountain in CO.

if they win 1 out there, i think the series is over....i can't see the Rockies

winning a must game 6 and a must game 7 at Fenway

the kid Jimenez has good stuff but the mental toughness isn't there yet.

he couldn't hold up and the walks (91P/50S) did him in...Fenway/World Series is a tough place to cut your teeth. and don't forget he came within a couple feet (Ortiz foul homerun) and a couple inches (Lugo foul down the third base line) of imploding...

theres no replacing experienced pitching in the post season (ie, Schilling)

i expect the Rockies bats to wake up out there...if they dont, well, i'l be going to ANOTHER

Championship Parade here in B-Town sometime next week.

really not a bad game last night for the rockies. type that you like to watch as a fan of the game (especially NL fan)..... both SP's did a nice job. if you hold boston to 2 runs, you really need to win that game. a few things here and there and it couldhave been a different game (blowout win for bosox or win for Col)..... most notable: 1st to 3rd on hawpe; rockies coming up empty in the 6th; pick off with helton at the plate.

we'll see how big having to sit a good hittier will be in Col

Edited by Bier Meister

really not a bad game last night for the rockies. type that you like to watch as a fan of the game (especially NL fan)..... both SP's did a nice job. if you hold boston to 2 runs, you really need to win that game. a few things here and there and it couldhave been a different game (blowout win for bosox or win for Col)..... most notable: 1st to 3rd on hawpe; rockies coming up empty in the 6th; pick off with helton at the plate.

we'll see how big having to sit a good hittier will be in Col

Hawpe has been awful

I agree that this next game will be a challenge.

Ortiz will be reduced to a pinch hitter with his gimpy knee. Manny will have a ton more area to cover in left field, which is not suited to his... umm... relaxed style of play. Pitchers will need to adjust to higher altitude and humidified balls.

Plus I think the Rockies may lose some of their World Series jitters when they play from their dugout and sleep in their own beds.

This is not a time to sit back on your heels and assume victory is assured for the Sox.

don't be surprised to see double switches by Francona in the late innings,

he still has NL managerial blood in him...

what would be interesting/fun to see would be the Sox line up coming around

to the pitchers spot in the late innings and having Papelbon bat.....hmmm

I would think that if Papi struggles, we'll see Youk earlier. Tito isn't afraid of making a switch. In 04 some were worried about Ortiz playing the bag because of his glove in game's 3/4. If i recall, he had about 6-7 ABs in St. Louis with 0 errors at the bag before Meinkewitz and Kapler replaced him.

Obviously the knees are a different story, but if Dice can keep the lefties from pulling the ball it'll be a mute point.