[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

World Series Thread

Shorttynaz

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pedroia, simply for setting the tone of the series in Game 1.

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

If anyone set the tone early, it was BECKETT. If it wasn't for the pickoff play, I'da said they should pull a Chuck Howley and give it to Holliday.

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

If anyone set the tone early, it was BECKETT. If it wasn't for the pickoff play, I'da said they should pull a Chuck Howley and give it to Holliday.

If they sweep it will be very hard to give it to Beckett. Should the Rockies win Game 4 and Beckett wins Game 5 then he is a lock. Although the same can be said for Papelbon if he were to save Game 4. He has 2 saves where he pitched in the 8th.

And yes you are right, Holliday definitely would deserve consideration if he did not get picked off. He is awesome.

Red Sox nation! Right. Bandwagon nation more like it. The Red Sox have become nothing more than the Yankees. They're doing everything that their "fans" crucified the Yankees for doing. Can't beat them, join them I guess.

yeh, the seats on the bandwagon are full. but Lifers understand how special these times are...

the Pink Hats arrived in '04, but it's the diehards who travel to Denver and any place the Sox play...

as far as the yankees, the Sox have a long way to go to match that history and arrogance...

and personally, i dont forsee the B cap replacing the NY cap as chic or gansta, anytime soon

you have to live here, or have lived here to fully understand it. i'm guessing you dont/didnt...

Thank bank of America commercial where the people see their futures in that thing in the parking lot is awesome

I like the one on now....with Ortiz and Urlacher playing badmitton....vitamin water

<--------Better win MVP!!!

It's dancing time!! :D:D

I was hoping for pedroia..I put 100 on him and it pays 1200 if he wins it..O fer tonight makes it unlikely

NL = NFC. The Rockies really looked like deer in headlights right from the start. They just didn't seem to think they could win it - their body language reeked of defeat.

Yup, I never watch NL baseball. I watched a whole series (more or less) and still don't know if I can name more than 2 guys on the Rockies.

:D:D

Congrats to the Rockies fans! You have to be happy they even made it with the way the standings were a month ago. I really didn't see a sweep happening, I thought it would go at least 5 or 6 and possibly get back to Boston. The Rockies are a good young team that should compete again for the next few years. I'm sure they'll be back.

wow, even though 3 of the 4 games were close at some point late in the game, i never had the feeling the rockies were going to win any of those games. hats off to a phenomenal team in the red sox.

save for fogg and francis (throw fuentes in game 3 in there as well), the rockies pitching was respectable. highly commendable even, given the lineup they were dealing with. but damn if that 8 days off didn't completely kill all of the bats. well, they were starting to cool a bit even during the LCS, but they just f'ing went in the toilet during that off week. 8 days off and then you get beckett putting 98 mph fastballs on every corner at will - ouch. couldn't write a better recipe for putting an entire team into a major offensive funk. brad hawpe was a microcosm of the whole team's woes. hawpe was one of their best, hottest hitters late in the season and early in the playoffs, crushing everything. in the WS he looked like a f'n american league pitcher at the plate. he finally almost got it back around by game 4, but far too little far too late.

the red sox are a really great team, no doubt....but the rockies should have been able to make it a better series. i am disappointed most of all for the national league...as i am an NL guy through and through, the league where REAL baseball is played. it sucks that the AL has been pumping out so many more really good teams in recent years.

in a sense, i am glad the rockies flamed out so badly. it wouldn't really feel real if they somehow came out of nowhere to win it all. but getting crushed at the finish line by a better team makes the rest of the run feel a lot more authentic somehow. if they win it all, it's basically an improbable 'miracle rockies' story, a once in a lifetime story to be followed up with, in all likelihood, a hugh letdown. but this ending....it casts the late season run as the birth of a potentially very good team for the long haul. they go into the future with a clear sense of what they could be, and at the same time with that bitter residue of getting spanked on game's biggest stage lighting a fire under them. this ending is better for the future of colorado baseball. edit to add: still woulda been nice if they coulda won one frigging game. oh well, at least atomic gets screwed this way. :D:D:wacko:

Edited by Azazello1313