[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade: Shaw for Milton?

Guest Norse

Guest Norse

I've been attempting ( unsuccessfully ) to bolster my SP. Roto league. Been trying for guys like Buehrle, Oswalt, etc. but no go.

I was offered Eric Milton for Jeff Shaw.

I'm over about 10 games on RP and have 5! RP's on my squad so I'm really trying to dump some of them. I'm down 12 games on SP so I can easily add another good SP. I need work on Wins, ERA, and WHIP. K's I can't gain ground in so they don't matter.

Thing is, the teams I've been trying to get a SP from are way over on SP. One team is already at 120 games. He'll run out by mid- August. I could wait till they realize their SP troubles and then get a better SP than Milton, but the 3 owners who are in this predicament are all kinda prissy, rude people who I've shown no love for so it's very possible they wouldn't trade with me out of spite.

I feel like I'm settling a bit, giving up my best RP for Milton ( I've got Shaw, Isringhausen, Hoffman, Karsay, Anderson ). Milton would help the staff. He plays for a winner and the past couple years has kept his WHIP in the low 1.2's. He'd be my 4th best SP if I got him. I'm 2nd in saves, unlikely to get 1st, and will finish no worse than 4th. Losing Shaw would hurt a little.

Should I make the trade or wait a month for a possible better deal?

I would hold out for a better deal. Shaw has been one of the top closers this year and Milton, although good is middle of the pack in my opinion. :D

I would see who else may be interested in Shaw and see if you can get more for him.

I'd hold out for a while longer and then start pointing out to people that they they "don't need" their SPs any more - they "are useless" to them. A that point, you should be able to snag a better SP than Milton.

Guest Norse

We ended up negotiating on this:

I gave: Isringhausen, Hoffman, Jamey Wright

I got: Kevin Brown, Danny Graves

If Brown doesn't recover fully from his injury, I figure I can absorb the loss of Izzy and Trevor. Worhwhile risk to me and I keep Shaw.

If Brown does recover fully-- Yeah Buddy!

Can't argue with that logic. If Brown comes back strong, he's extremely good. If not, you didn't completely wipe out your team. It's a risk, but with a huge payoff if it works out.