[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

so far, starting Karsay not a good idea ...

Guest super015

Guest super015

I have Jeff Shaw and picked up Karsay two weeks ago. Based on Atl facing TB, Cinci and Mon, I started him over Shaw, who faces Pit, Mil and Col.

So far, Karsay has 2IP, 0K, 0SV while Shaw has 2IP, 1K, 2SV.

Please tell me I did the right thing starting Karsay over the course of this week. I'm going to get rocked b/c my opponent has Nomo going twice this week along with Leiter once while I have Unit once and Oswalt once.

[ 07-16-2001: Message edited by: D ]

Guest Norse

There are some closers out there that you don't don't ever bench for 2nd tier guys. Shaw is one of those guys.

Considering those matchups, I think you overthought way too much. PIT, MIL and COL don't scare anybody. Even vs. good teams with a good opponent pitcher ( except maybe 'Zona ), I wouldn't bench Shaw for Karsay. It sounds odd but even the top pitchers get beat a fair amount of the time, and because they're good, almost all of their defeats result in a save by the other team. Plus half the time you get Shaw in LA, which depresses runs quite a bit, which creates good closer games. Shaw will get more closer chances than Karsay even if Atlanta wins more games than LA.

My Pen usage: Shaw every day. Anderson as my 2nd when Detroit is home and Karsay when they're not.

[ 07-17-2001: Message edited by: Norse ]

Agreed - if you can only start one RP, you should be started Shaw every day. I'm not sold on Karsay. I jumped on him when he got traded and was hoping for big things. I've got nothing. Go with the guy who's helped you all season until Karsay proves he can handle the job.