[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

would you make this trade?

Guest super015

Guest super015

I play in a 12-team Yahoo! league. 8 batting categories (R,H,1B,2B,3B,HR,RBI,SB)and 6 pitching (IP,W,SV,SHO,CG,K) in head-to-head weekly matchups. We start a normal MLB team IF and OF with 2 SPs and 1 RP.

My roster:

C LoDuca

1B Bagwell

2B Bell

SS Tejada, Garciaparra

3B Nevin

OF Drew, Sexson, CarlosLee, Stewart, Cedeno

SP Unit, Abbott (SEA), MMorris

RP Shaw, Karsay

I have been offered Hidalgo, Erstad and Mike Hampton for JD Drew and any of my other OFs.

Would you make this trade? I know, it doesn't help my big weakness at 2B, but no one wants to trade.

Can you change your roster mid-week to allow all of your SPs a start? If yes, then getting Hampton might make sense. If no, then I wouldn't do the trade, it's not helping you. Take a look at mine, thanks.

I'm just not seeing anything to make you want to do this trade.

1. Hidalgo has been mediocre and even bad at points this season. His upside still exists, but you can't hang your hat on him.

2. Erstad has been battling a bad back all season and is also mediocre at best. He isn't going to help you out very much.

3. Hampton has completely tanked at this point. He hasn't done anything worthy of consideration for a month now.

4. Drew is about to return and he was a very hot hitter before the injury.

5. Your other OFs have all produced fairly well in comparison to the ones you'd be getting.

6. You'd have to dump someone to make the deal. I don't see anyone, except maybe Karsay, that are drop material.