[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Estes

Guest Bravesfan

Guest Bravesfan

Hey guys....

I'm a newbie.

I just joined a midseason baseball league, and Shawn Estes was dropped this morning.

Here is my current pitching lineup:

SP-Clemens, Morris, Mays, Jason Johnson, and A.J. Burnett

RP-Nenn, Mesa, Hawkins, and Yan.

Jason Johnson is eligble for RP and SP, so I considered dropping Yan and moving Johnson to RP, and picking up Estes. Or should I drop Johnson or Burnett for Estes outright? Or should I forget about Estes. This is a points based FB league.

Thanks for the input!

:confused:

Estes has been in a major slump for the past month and I wouldn't be jumping to pick him up right now. That being said, Yan is a liability for you and can be dumped. Toss out some other names from your WW...

Guest Bravesfan

There are 10 teams in my division. There are 4 relievers on each team. I feel somewhat fortunate to have 4 closers on my team. Nenn and Mesa are dominant. Hawkins is good, but hasn't had many chances lately. Suffice to say there aren't many closers available to pick up. Steve Kline is available. Do you think I should drop Yan for Kline? Does Kline have the closer's job? Other options are Jose Cabrera (at least gets wins), and Whitasek.

Thanks for any feedback.

Thanks for the advice.

Leave Estes alone. From previous experience, I can tell you that he is one of the most frustrating starting pitchers that you will ever have to deal with. One game he will go 7 strong innings allowing maybe 1 run and five hits, and the next he will walk 7, and give up six earned runs in four innings. If he can't get his curve ball over, he's just plain lousy. And he usually wins from great run support.