[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Classy

keggerz

hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

Wouldn't be something if the PATS went undefeated until December 23rd........

And the Dolphins went without a win until December 23rd...........

And then came the biggest upset in the history of the NFL.... or close to it........

Dolphins over the Pats...... hhhhmmmmmmmmmmm........

Not a fish fan, just pondering the future..

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dallas is pissed they let the game go in the 4th. They dont fear or respect them, they want another crack at them, on the biggest stage of all. And Dallas wants them undefeated at the time. So they not only can prove they are the better team, but they are the only team that can beat NE.

:D

For weeks I tried to tell myself the PATS were doing what they were doing because they needed to be able to score on every possession to keep up with Indy's offense. Now that they have passed Indy in the schedule I can't justify it anymore. Last night was sickening to me. I mean just kick the field goal. For all of their need to need real game situations, don't they also need real game situations for field goals?

While I am glad that they won, I am not too proud to be a Pats fan today.

how freakin' embarrassing is it to Boo the VISITING TEAM when they go for a TD

instead of kicking a FG???!!!!....UNFREAKIN BELIEVABLE!!...PATHETIC!!

is this what its come to??

YOU DONT LIKE???....TRY BOOING YOUR OWN TEAM FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO STOP THEM!

it has nothing to do with Class. this is the NFL. it has EVERYTHING to do with SMASHMOUTH FOOTBALL.

grow a set.

You are normally a complete tool. But you're 100% right here. And if the other team can't stop them, blitz 11 guys on every play. Who cares if they score 12 more TD's? Blitz 'em, knock Brady on his ass, and if he ends up drinking from a straw for a month, maybe Belichick will get his own taste of Smashmouth football. And I am in NO WAY condemning a cheap shot. What the Pats are doing is completely legal, so find a way to stop them or make them think about it without breaking the rules. And like someone mentioned earlier, Brady's not making the calls anyway, he's just doing what he's being told.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Part of me loves what BB is doing this year and another part of me does not understand why he would risk injury to his players when the game is in hand.

I am enjoying watching the historical dominance the Patriots are jamming down our throats this year. I fully expect them to do the same thing to our Eagles if our D can't stop them.. Put up or shut up. BB and the Pats are on a mission this year and I have been enjoying the ride. If Brady gets injured on play when they are up 42-0 late in the second half one week soon, they have no one to blame but BB, but he knows that is the chance he is taking.

In the meantime, I have not seen anything like this before, and I am thoroughly enjoying it from a historical perspective.

I just hope you all realize that for every touchdown the Patriots score Tedy Bruschi donates $100,000 to feed hungry children around the world.

Shame on all of you for criticizing humanitarian efforts.

And every field goal kicked, Tom Brady pumps out another illegitimate baby.

Shame on all of you rooting for them to not go for it on 4th down.

Edited by TimC

Pro teams don't even think about pulling their starters until the 4th, and they shouldn't.

The same people that said what the Pats did to Washington was disguisting, classless, dirty, piling it on, etc. answer this.....

If the Pats pulled their "starters" at half against the Skins, or in the 3rd quarter, would have they been in position to pull out a win vs. the Colts?

If they didn't pull it out, and the Pats did sit their starters against the Skins, the pundits would be saying "they haven't had to play a full game yet, that really cost them". They have to play a full game so that when they have to play a full game, they don't need to think about it.

Success breeds jealousy. The more successful they are, the more people will hate them.

I didn't read the entire thread, but I can't imagine a more spot-on post than this one.

Human nature, there is nothing new under the sun.

You are normally a complete tool. But you're 100% right here. And if the other team can't stop them, blitz 11 guys on every play. Who cares if they score 12 more TD's? Blitz 'em, knock Brady on his ass, and if he ends up drinking from a straw for a month, maybe Belichick will get his own taste of Smashmouth football. And I am in NO WAY condemning a cheap shot. What the Pats are doing is completely legal, so find a way to stop them or make them think about it without breaking the rules. And like someone mentioned earlier, Brady's not making the calls anyway, he's just doing what he's being told.

However, playing Philly brings the idea of a cheapshot to fruitiion. My guess is that BB won't have Brady in past midway through the third if it is a blowout. Like Reid really cares if Kearse gets suspended for the rest of the game!!!

I have no respect for BB or the Pats organization. I like Brady, and have him on 2 or 3 teams, but If he were to get taken out by a cheap shot late in a game that the Pats had well in hand, it wouldn't upset me. It would serve the thug in the hoodie right if he lost is star player trying to feed his ego, and make people forget he is a cheating bastard.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

I've read all seven pages of this thread. Having been someone who has long thought calling off the dogs in the 4th quarter was a classy and respectful thing to do, the recurring threads following each Patriots game made me rethink this.

Note that I am not a Patriot fan...my allegiances lie with the Mangenius and the Jets.

I did some thinking on the topic and continued to be led back to words that I keep framed on my desk, spoken by the legend himself, Vince Lombardi:

"Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do things right once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

"There is no room for second place. There is only one place in my game, and that's first place. I have finished second twice in my time at Green Bay, and I don't ever want to finish second again. There is a second place bowl game, but it is a game for losers played by losers. It is and always has been an American zeal to be first in anything we do, and to win, and to win, and to win.

"Every time a football player goes to play his trade he's got to play from the ground up — from the soles of his feet right up to his head. Every inch of him has to play. Some guys play with their heads. That's O.K. You've got to be smart to be number one in any business. But more importantly, you've got to play with your heart, with every fiber of your body. If you're lucky enough to find a guy with a lot of head and a lot of heart, he's never going to come off the field second.

"Running a football team is no different than running any other kind of organization — an army, a political party or a business. The principles are the same. The object is to win — to beat the other guy. Maybe that sounds hard or cruel. I don't think it is.

"It is a reality of life that men are competitive and the most competitive games draw the most competitive men. That's why they are there — to compete. To know the rules and objectives when they get in the game. The object is to win fairly, squarely, by the rules— but to win.

"And in truth, I've never known a man worth his salt who in the long run, deep down in his heart, didn't appreciate the grind, the discipline. There is something in good men that really yearns for discipline and the harsh reality of head to head combat.

"I don't say these things because I believe in the "brute" nature of man or that men must be brutalized to be combative. I believe in God, and I believe in human decency. But I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle — victorious."

"The object is to win farely, squarely, by the rules." Assuming "Spygate" is over, what exactly are the Patriots doing that is so wrong? Yes, they risk getting their best players hurt. But that affects their team's aspirations, none other. Also, "letting up" implies that the intensity level goes down...and that is a good way to get someone hurt. Players work hard all weel, learning the game plan, practing till perfection...and they're supposed to sit and watch a third to a quarter of the game simply because they are too good? What kind of message does that send to your players, as they are being pulled week in and week out? How do you think they will continue to respond in practices and in games? Their intensity and concentration has got to go down somewhat.

I don't buy it. Although I am far from a Patriots fan, I simply believe that they are the best team I have seen in a long, long time.

Edited by The Wolf

Never. Success breeds jealousy. The more successful they are, the more people will hate them. I hate them.

Maybe true...

I think back to the Rams in '99, and only hated Brenda Warner. Maybe her presence was Intelligent Design (You know...with the Great Brain there and all...) to keep the hate-light off the team and get Warner the sympathy vote from all the guys with overbearing wives... :D

Maybe true...

I think back to the Rams in '99, and only hated Brenda Warner. Maybe her presence was Intelligent Design (You know...with the Great Brain there and all...) to keep the hate-light off the team and get Warner the sympathy vote from all the guys with overbearing wives... :D

Winning once can't be compared to winning 3 out of 4, probably soon to be 4 out of 5, and possibly having the first 16-0 team in NFL History. I have no dislike towards the Colts. But they've won one. Not to mention that Dungy's a helluva lot easier to like than Belichick.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Winning once can't be compared to winning 3 out of 4, probably soon to be 4 out of 5, and possibly having the first 16-0 team in NFL History. I have no dislike towards the Colts. But they've won one. Not to mention that Dungy's a helluva lot easier to like than Belichick.

I was thinking more along the lines of comparing how they kicked the crap out of everyone all season long except for Tennessee.

In a thread with many silly comments, this one takes the prize:

"Because apparently racking up TDs and offensive yards in garbage time is supposed to make the '07 Pats the best offense of all-time. "

So when does "garbage time" begin for the Patriots? The 3rd quarter? After they are up 28 points even if its the first half?

Until the NFL charges fans half the ticket price to watch games, you can't fault the Pats for giving their best effort. People don't go to the stadium to watch Heath Evans and Chad Jackson for half of the game.

wow...I have never rooted for someone to get hurt before now...

I still won't root for a player to get hurt, but a huge pile up on the sideline with a mangled BB on the bottom wouldn't hurt my feelings.

I have no problem with a team, no matter the score, leaving the starters in until the 4th quarter. It is not their fault that they are clicking on all cylinders and the opposing D cannot stop them. However, going for it on 4th down when up by more than 2 scores is indeed classless, in my book.

I've read all seven pages of this thread. Having been someone who has long thought calling off the dogs in the 4th quarter was a classy and respectful thing to do, the recurring threads following each Patriots game made me rethink this.

Note that I am not a Patriot fan...my allegiances lie with the Mangenius and the Jets.

I did some thinking on the topic and continued to be led back to words that I keep framed on my desk, spoken by the legend himself, Vince Lombardi:

"Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do things right once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

"There is no room for second place. There is only one place in my game, and that's first place. I have finished second twice in my time at Green Bay, and I don't ever want to finish second again. There is a second place bowl game, but it is a game for losers played by losers. It is and always has been an American zeal to be first in anything we do, and to win, and to win, and to win.

"Every time a football player goes to play his trade he's got to play from the ground up — from the soles of his feet right up to his head. Every inch of him has to play. Some guys play with their heads. That's O.K. You've got to be smart to be number one in any business. But more importantly, you've got to play with your heart, with every fiber of your body. If you're lucky enough to find a guy with a lot of head and a lot of heart, he's never going to come off the field second.

"Running a football team is no different than running any other kind of organization — an army, a political party or a business. The principles are the same. The object is to win — to beat the other guy. Maybe that sounds hard or cruel. I don't think it is.

"It is a reality of life that men are competitive and the most competitive games draw the most competitive men. That's why they are there — to compete. To know the rules and objectives when they get in the game. The object is to win fairly, squarely, by the rules— but to win.

"And in truth, I've never known a man worth his salt who in the long run, deep down in his heart, didn't appreciate the grind, the discipline. There is something in good men that really yearns for discipline and the harsh reality of head to head combat.

"I don't say these things because I believe in the "brute" nature of man or that men must be brutalized to be combative. I believe in God, and I believe in human decency. But I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle — victorious."

"The object is to win farely, squarely, by the rules." Assuming "Spygate" is over, what exactly are the Patriots doing that is so wrong? Yes, they risk getting their best players hurt. But that affects their team's aspirations, none other. Also, "letting up" implies that the intensity level goes down...and that is a good way to get someone hurt. Players work hard all weel, learning the game plan, practing till perfection...and they're supposed to sit and watch a third to a quarter of the game simply because they are too good? What kind of message does that send to your players, as they are being pulled week in and week out? How do you think they will continue to respond in practices and in games? Their intensity and concentration has got to go down somewhat.

I don't buy it. Although I am far from a Patriots fan, I simply believe that they are the best team I have seen in a long, long time.

Good post. This is the quote that stood out for me.

I really think that many of the posters may not have played competitive sports, or if they did are not thinking back to their experiences. The Pats need to play the game mentally and physically to prepare for when they are in a competitive game.