[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alou Joins the Cubbies!!!

Butkus

I know there is nobody in this forum and won't be for a while, but I can't help being PUMPED about my Cubbies signing Moises Alou to a three year deal.

Rather than their usual signing of some hack who always hits .340 in Wrigley (and who doesn't-except for Cubs) and then watch him struggle all year, the Cubs have aquired a proven leader who hits for power, average and is joining his good buddy Sammy Sosa to create one of the best hitting outfields in the league. Now, if Corey Patterson can live up to half of his billing, and the young pitching matches last year's output, we've got actually a legitimate shot!!!

GO CUBBIES!!!

bree22. the cubbies pitch staff looked good last year. we'll see in 2002.

meanwhile, alou is a great pickup if he doesn't get hurt. his gamaes played numbers may leave you a little short in a fantasy league, when you need a few moree rbi's or homers to push you up in those categaories.

nonetheless, alou will give you a 300 ba, 100 runs and 100 rbi's, despite the fact that he'll be hurt for awhile during the season.

thanks,

vince