[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How about those Mets!

Bree22

Stevie has been a pretty busy boy these last few weeks. I hear on the NY radio stations how we should go out and sign Juan Gone but I agree with what Steve is doing. I think we would be a better team trading away Zeile, Appier and Rusch for Mo and Kapler and signing a free agent pitcher (Reed?) to a small contract. Your batting lineup would become one of the best in the league. You would have power, running and .300 avg hitters.

And the best is you wouldn't have to increase your payroll this way. So what Pizza has to sit behind the plate another 3yrs. He doesn't call a bad game and he is the best hitting catch in baseball. So what he can't throw out a runner. With the Mets infeild and the offense that they are putting together, that should more than cover any deficiencies in Pizza's throwing.

• 2 weeks later...

I think they can get Juan for 10 mil a yr. not bad for a 300 something hitter with power. I would like them to sign Pedro Astiacio (?) to a 5-6 mil contract with incentives to bring it to 8 mil. I think he sould sign for on that. You can then trade Rusch and Zeile(eat a little of Zeile's contract) or Ordonze in a package for some prospects to rebuild the farm system. If you could trade Ordonze, Zeile can play third and Fonzie can play SS. That is his natural position. Your hitting would be that much better but you would lose a little in the feilding but not to much.