[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any Player Rankings Yet?

yellowdog

Guest Bflo Jack

John Hunt has some already in his archive from November. They're old (Appier in teh NL, etc.), but the values are the first I've seen.

-Bflo Jack

• 2 weeks later...

from allthumbs

thanks for the link to sporting news and the list.

to: our original poster

advice: take the top 300 and sort them in each position, and then...

it's a start.

i read through the first 150. it's a list that is accurate based on last year's #'s.

the nest step is to discount one year abberations, and then look for the guy who's about 25-27 years old and going into his most productive years.

then again, barry bonds didn't hit my first round radar screen in 2001.

he went on the 17th pick overall in our start from scratch draft.

bonds should have gone about 5th, just to give you and idea of his value in our league.

it's a 5x4 (no whip) league.

thanks,

vince

Yellowdog,

Your right about Nomar. I always first use the sheets as a basic guide and then alter it to my liking.

When it gets closer to the start of the season, you will be able to sort by position more accurately. Sporting News still has the players ranked per position from 9/2.

If anyone has any other cheatsheets that they know are out / know that will come out in the next couple month post the link.

I know ESPN has sheets for baseball but they have been pretty unreliable in the past.