[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hero or Murderer?

H8tank

Hero or Murderer?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Hero or Murderer?

• Hero!
    • Murderer!!!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Murderer - he went after them, when all he had to do was report the event to the police.

Vigilante justice is a detriment to society, and is criminal. Pretty cut and dry.

And pretty cowardly as it seems that one of the suspects had dropped the property and tried to run away...in which case he was subsequently shot. I think a hanging next week should do for good ole Mr. Horn.

The world needs more people like Mr. Horn. He tried to call the police, they weren't doing anything, Mr. Horn solved the problem. This wasn't someone going looking for trouble, this was a man stopping a crime in action. Now granted, he probably should have tried for a citizen's arrest first, but since "Don't move or I'll shoot!" didn't work, I doubt the whole citizen's arrest would have either.

And pretty cowardly as it seems that one of the suspects had dropped the property and tried to run away...in which case he was subsequently shot. I think a hanging next week should do for good ole Mr. Horn.

I voted murderer, but I certainly don't feel as strongly about it as Shiznit does, and I certainly wouldn't describe Horn as cowardly. It wasn't clear to me from the video clip that the suspect dropped the property and tried to run away, he may have dropped it when he was shot, no? Maybe I missed something, but wasn't that clear cut to me.

Tough case - seems like he shoulda' listened to the 911 operator. But I wouldn't be troubled at all if the grand jusy chose not to indict him.

Edited by Easy n Dirty

It depends on the laws of whatever state that dumbass lives in. A common definition:

Law. the killing of another human being under conditions specifically covered in law. In the U.S., special statutory definitions include murder committed with malice aforethought, characterized by deliberation or premeditation or occurring during the commission of another serious crime, as robbery or arson (first-degree murder), and murder by intent but without deliberation or premeditation.

So he committed a homicide, likely murder.

I'll look up the statute later.

Murderer - he went after them, when all he had to do was report the event to the police.

Vigilante justice is a detriment to society, and is criminal. Pretty cut and dry.

Yup

The dude sounded like he was off his rocker to me. If he was stopping them from committing a violent crime such as raping someone, assaulting someone with a deadly weapon or attempting murder then I would say he was justified. But chasing down and killing a couple of thugs cuz they stole your neighbors tennis bracelet & Ipod(speculating) is flat out wacko. :D The guy either belongs behind bars or in a mental institution.

Texas :D Not sure if this is current:

§ 19.01. TYPES OF CRIMINAL HOMICIDE.

a) A person commits criminal homicide if he intentionally, knowingly,

recklessly, or with criminal negligence causes the death of an

individual.

b Criminal homicide is murder, capital murder,

manslaughter, or criminally negligent homicide.

. . .

§ 19.02. MURDER.

a) In this section:

1) "Adequate cause" means cause that would commonly

produce a degree of anger, rage, resentment, or terror in a person

of ordinary temper, sufficient to render the mind incapable of cool

reflection.

2) "Sudden passion" means passion directly caused by

and arising out of provocation by the individual killed or another

acting with the person killed which passion arises at the time of

the offense and is not solely the result of former provocation.

b A person commits an offense if he:

1) intentionally or knowingly causes the death of an

individual;

2) intends to cause serious bodily injury and commits

an act clearly dangerous to human life that causes the death of an

individual; or

3) commits or attempts to commit a felony, other than

manslaughter, and in the course of and in furtherance of the

commission or attempt, or in immediate flight from the commission

or attempt, he commits or attempts to commit an act clearly

dangerous to human life that causes the death of an individual.

c) Except as provided by Subsection (d), an offense under

this section is a felony of the first degree.

d) At the punishment stage of a trial, the defendant may

raise the issue as to whether he caused the death under the

immediate influence of sudden passion arising from an adequate

cause. If the defendant proves the issue in the affirmative by a

preponderance of the evidence, the offense is a felony of the second

degree.

. . .

§ 19.04. MANSLAUGHTER.

a) A person commits an offense

if he recklessly causes the death of an individual.

b An offense under this section is a felony of the second

degree.

. . .

§ 19.05. CRIMINALLY NEGLIGENT HOMICIDE.

a) A person commits an offense if he causes the death of an individual by

criminal negligence.

b An offense under this section is a state jail felony.

So I'd say its murder.

And if I'm his lawyer, I would advise him to avoid claiming that "watching nigras steal stuff" is adequate cause.

Well.... he should have stayed inside, but this is one of those situations where I consider him a hero. He went above and beyond the call of duty for a US citizen, and he made his best effort to stop a crime (citizens arrest?). However, from the youtube video I can't tell if the thieves had a gun and were going to shoot back at the man if he didn't shoot them. Either way, there's two less thieves who won't get the opportunity to steal from other people too. :D

I don't see how you can let this guy get away with killing them but I would not covict hiim if I am on his jury.

And also I don't think it matters not one single bit if the perps are black, white, or anything inbetween or even outside. Breaking into peoples houses is grouds for capital punishment if you ask me.

Edited by Skippy

I wouldn't charge him with a crime...

How in the world could you not charge him with a crime? The guy goes out of his house (after being warned over and over not to by the 911 operator) and shoots two guys in his neighbor's yard? How is that not a f'n crime? :D

murder has to be premeditated right? He said to the 911 operator he was going to go out and shoot them...i think he is in trouble and it doesnt matter if you feel one way or another about it, if you are on a jury you need to vote with your head not your heart.