[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers/Cowboys game thread

Randall

And I'd like one GB fan to stop blaming the loss on what they erroneously believe to be a bad pass interference call.

I also believe had Favre not been hurt that Dallas wins by 20+ points. Dallas had prepared for a pocket passer and when Favre left the game Rodgers came in and sparked the GB offense. Rodgers looked very sharp making good throws and making plays with his feet too.

I truly do wish this game had been with both teams at full strength ... Dallas would have still won by 10+.

It wasn't just a bad PI call... It was the Harris strip of TO in the first, or the bad spot for Grant's rush in the fourth which forced them to kick a field goal.

It wasn't Rodgers mobility that put up points on Dallas. To think it was game planning for a somewhat mobile qb is asinine. Look at McCarthy's gameplan. He went away from what has worked all season long during the first half. He went back when Rodgers came in and it worked. They just fell behind too late.

and as far as Dallas winning by 10 if everyone was healthy... Who exactly did Dallas not have out there? Posts like this is an example why Dallas fans as a whole are the dumbest in all sports.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GB lost fair and square. The fact of the matter is if your argument is that the Refs made bad calls and we would have played better had the starters been in, then you lost the argument. If the Packers wanted to win then they would have. Dallas stuck with the book they have been using all year while Green Bay thought it would be cute and do something else. Well, that cost them the game. That, and the fact that Dallas played great ball on both sides and GB did not have an answer for it. Blaming the refs is foolish because GB never should have been in a position to allow the refs to do that in the first place.

As far as injuries go you can't use them as an excuse either. A Football team is made up of 53 players, all who get paid to produce. And when you don't produce you lose. Al Harris was ONE of 53 players that blew it tonight, his was just more obvious. I'm disappointed the Pack lost as well and hopefully we will get a chance to get some VENGEANCE - but if we do we'll have to do it in Dallas again (and that sucks).

Kudos to Dallas for winning and I guess they did prove they are #2.

We must have watched a different game. Dallas led 27-10. They played Rogers differently than Favre, and that was a mistake. But the bottom line they won by 10, and it should have been 17, if TO catches the damn ball.

I dont think GB makes it to the NFC Champ game. Wouldnt surprise me if they lost their first game of the post season a bit.

No, McCarthy went back to his offensive gameplan that he's used throughout the entire season. Wake up Ryan. You can't really be as stupid as you sound.

Injuries and bad calls are part of the game. That much is true. Your statement is flawed because rarely do you see injuries to an elite pass rushing DE, a shutdown QB, and a 3 time mvp at qb. As far as bad calls, very few times do you see that many critical calls go the wrong way throughout the duration of the game.

A win is a win and the cowboys are in the drivers seat for the NFC playoffs, so I'll give you guys your due, but I wouldn't march around with your noses up in the air...(Sarge)

I never said I was that impressed with Dallas tonight. I just certainly wasnt impressed with Green Bay.

Dallas should have closed the game in the 3rd quarter like they have done all year.

Man, Packers still not getting an ounce of respect after that gutty performance. I'm going to have to try on a pair of those Dallas blinders some time.

Packers are playing well this year. They are having a year like NO had last year. They were very lucky today that they didn't lose by quite a bit more than 10 points. The insertion of Rodgers in the game actually kept this game closer than it would have been. Even had Green Bay been at full strength Green Bay would have lost by 10 or more points. Not taking anything away from Green Bay (who did lose to Chicago of all teams) but Dallas is better.

It was a gutty performance, obviously. For Rodgers.

Favre played like he was drunk and the Packer D could'nt stop anything. Waddya want anyone to say? :D

You guys really have no idea what you're watching... McCarthy's game plan set Favre and the offense up for failure. They ran 9 routes and the like every play when Favre was in. McCarthy got away from his gameplan early on.

And to say that Rodgers was the only one that had a gutty performance is insane as well...

Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, Ryan Grant, Ryan Pickett...

You guys are talking like you won by 17 on the road...

GB lost fair and square. The fact of the matter is if your argument is that the Refs made bad calls and we would have played better had the starters been in, then you lost the argument. If the Packers wanted to win then they would have. Dallas stuck with the book they have been using all year while Green Bay thought it would be cute and do something else. Well, that cost them the game. That, and the fact that Dallas played great ball on both sides and GB did not have an answer for it. Blaming the refs is foolish because GB never should have been in a position to allow the refs to do that in the first place.

As far as injuries go you can't use them as an excuse either. A Football team is made up of 53 players, all who get paid to produce. And when you don't produce you lose. Al Harris was ONE of 53 players that blew it tonight, his was just more obvious. I'm disappointed the Pack lost as well and hopefully we will get a chance to get some VENGEANCE - but if we do we'll have to do it in Dallas again (and that sucks).

Kudos to Dallas for winning and I guess they did prove they are #2.

This is class. :D

Pirates take a cue here.

You guys really have no idea what you're watching... McCarthy's game plan set Favre and the offense up for failure. They ran 9 routes and the like every play when Favre was in. McCarthy got away from his gameplan early on.

And to say that Rodgers was the only one that had a gutty performance is insane as well...

Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, Ryan Grant, Ryan Pickett...

You guys are talking like you won by 17 on the road...

No ... the Cowboys are the better team and did what they were supposed to do ... defeat an inferior team despite some poor decisions (passing on the FG and letting JJ go for it on 4th and 2) and despite brick hand by TO in the EZ.

This is class. :D

Pirates take a cue here.

Hey Ricky Ricardo, I've said that Dallas won the game. I just wished I would have seen McCarthy come in with his game plan that he's used all year. That was reason no.1 they lost. The horrid calls come into play as well, but that's not the reason.

And I think it's really odd that Ryan tries to tell anyone anything about class.

I forgot, you've watched all the Green Bay games... :D

Go back and watch previous weeks. Green Bay spreads the field out and will use short passes to set up the run and the big plays. To disagree is laughable.

I own Jennings, and Grant in multiple fantasy leagues. Ive seen every game, via NFL Sunday Ticket. The competition in those games had alot to do with their success. Dallas just put 37 points on Green Bay, 27 in the first half and trailed by 17. Sorry, they get no love from me.

No ... the Cowboys are the better team and did what they were supposed to do ... defeat an inferior team despite some poor decisions (passing on the FG and letting JJ go for it on 4th and 2) and despite brick hand by TO in the EZ.

They maybe a better team. I'm just not going to be so quick to declare that when an injury riddled team comes on the road and has it within a score up until the end of the game. Dallas won tonight. Dallas was better tonight. I'm not going to say their the better team.

I own Jennings, and Grant in multiple fantasy leagues. Ive seen every game, via NFL Sunday Ticket. The competition in those games had alot to do with their success. Dallas just put 37 points on Green Bay, 27 in the first half and trailed by 17. Sorry, they get no love from me.

hahaha So Jennings making plays all night up until the end of the game gets no love? You're the biggest homer I've ever seen, short of this idiot that I work with...

Hey Ricky Ricardo, I've said that Dallas won the game. I just wished I would have seen McCarthy come in with his game plan that he's used all year. That was reason no.1 they lost. The horrid calls come into play as well, but that's not the reason.

And I think it's really odd that Ryan tries to tell anyone anything about class.

Goodnight, DallasownsGreenbay, I mean Piratesownninjas.

It wasn't just a bad PI call... It was the Harris strip of TO in the first, or the bad spot for Grant's rush in the fourth which forced them to kick a field goal.

It wasn't Rodgers mobility that put up points on Dallas. To think it was game planning for a somewhat mobile qb is asinine. Look at McCarthy's gameplan. He went away from what has worked all season long during the first half. He went back when Rodgers came in and it worked. They just fell behind too late.

and as far as Dallas winning by 10 if everyone was healthy... Who exactly did Dallas not have out there? Posts like this is an example why Dallas fans as a whole are the dumbest in all sports.

:D

They maybe a better team. I'm just not going to be so quick to declare that when an injury riddled team comes on the road and has it within a score up until the end of the game. Dallas won tonight. Dallas was better tonight. I'm not going to say their the better team.

Once Dallas took the lead they never looked back. The score is closer than the game was. Had Phillips kicked the FG and had TO caught the ball Dallas would have coasted through the 4th quarter to an easy win.

Edited by Grits and Shins

Once Dallas took the lead they never looked back. The score is closer than the game was. Had Wilson kicked the FG and had TO caught the ball Dallas would have coasted through the 4th quarter to an easy win.

And had McCarthy stuck to his gameplan and had the ref's called the game a little more unbiased, had Charles Woodson played...

And had McCarthy stuck to his gameplan and had the ref's called the game a little more unbiased, had Charles Woodson played...

:D

How do you know what game plan McCarthy developed and whether or not he stuck to it? Had Green Bay been fully healthy and played a perfect game they still lose by 10 or more points.

I do appreciate how the Green Bay fans immediately starting making excuses for why their team lost ... in the chat room they were making excuses for the loss before the game was even into the 4th quarter

Edited by Grits and Shins