[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

5th Annual Huddle Bowl

theeohiostate

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The weighting certainly adds an interesting twist to the predictions. It would take a lot of number crunching to be able to predict who will be in the lead from day to day, but I might give it a shot towards the end, after the 1/1 games. Funny how ohio put a 32 on that first game and is in the lead - the fix is in! (kidding)

Have fun everybody, and if I don't get on here again before Tues., MERRY CHRISTMAS!

The weighting certainly adds an interesting twist to the predictions. It would take a lot of number crunching to be able to predict who will be in the lead from day to day, but I might give it a shot towards the end, after the 1/1 games. Funny how ohio put a 32 on that first game and is in the lead - the fix is in! (kidding)

Have fun everybody, and if I don't get on here again before Tues., MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I was debating on putting my 32 on the 1st game or the last game.............glad i did the latter.

Also, Poolhost will not allow the commish to change any picks once a game has started, if they do , it is highlighed in RED lettering, so you know if you have an original pick or changed pick.

TOS doesn't need any extra help whiping the floor with you Pac10 Homos :D

:D

The list below does not include the Utah/Navy game. Use it to see where you differ from the pack.

Team, # of Huddlers picking

BSU 23 - out of 23

Cin 23 - out of 23

Pur 22

Rut 22

OK 21

Ga 20

GT 20

OkS 20

USC 20

Misou 19

PSU 19

Tul 19

BC 18

Fla 18

Ken 18

OrS 17

TCU 17

UCF 16

VaT 16

BYU 15

Cal 15

Mem 15

SFl 15

TT 15

Aub 14

Bama 14

NMe 14

Ten 14

OSU 13

Tex 12

WF 12

ASU 11

UCon 11

LSU 10

Clem 9

Col 9

Nev 9

Wis 9

AF 8

FAU 8

Ore 8

UCLA 8

UV 8

Kan 7

Miss 7

Hou 6

Mar 6

FSU 5

Mich 5

MiSt 5

Ark 4

BGU 4

TAM 4

FrSt 3

Hi 3

Ill 3

Ind 3

WV 2

Ball 1

CMi 1

Edited by KevinL

I've been trying to correct the scoring on poolhost but i'm unable to do so.

It's giving double the points to everyone for some reason.

Anyhow, regardless of how things stand or turn out in the standings on poolhost, our winner will be based on a 1 to 32 points system and not the double points being awarded now.

If you weighted a game with 9 points, you will get 9 points and NOT 18 like poolhost has it logging.

I will update the actual scores every few days with a post in this thread.

I've been trying to correct the scoring on poolhost but i'm unable to do so.

It's giving double the points to everyone for some reason.

Anyhow, regardless of how things stand or turn out in the standings on poolhost, our winner will be based on a 1 to 32 points system and not the double points being awarded now.

If you weighted a game with 9 points, you will get 9 points and NOT 18 like poolhost has it logging.

I will update the actual scores every few days with a post in this thread.

Scoring is correct, rules say you get 2 for a win and 1 for a tie.

Whoa...Just checked the site and it shows me picking NAVY with a 25 confidence number. My manual sheet that I spent a frickin half-hour writing has Utah with the 25. I must have clicked the wrong button :D

Who the hell picks an 8 point underdog to win unless they put a small confidence number on it :D

I can only hope that I lose by more than 50 points... If I'd hadn't made the error, I'd be sitting in 2nd place right now. :wacko:

Edited by Puddy

Those who picked BYU are luckier then fok ! UCLA missing a 26 yarder as time expires, playing without their 1st, 2nd and 3rd string QB the entire game and only having 11 yards passing by mid 3rd quarter. What a fluke ! Can't believe the kid hit 2 + 50's then misses a virtual extra point to lose the game for the Bruins.

Those of us who picked the Bruins were robbed of our well desersed win.

Those who picked BYU are luckier then fok ! UCLA missing a 26 yarder as time expires, playing without their 1st, 2nd and 3rd string QB the entire game and only having 11 yards passing by mid 3rd quarter. What a fluke ! Can't believe the kid hit 2 + 50's then misses a virtual extra point to lose the game for the Bruins.

Those of us who picked the Bruins were robbed of our well desersed win.

Yeah....but somehow I could see it coming since he had missed 2 already which were blocked...definate line problems. Nonetheless, I was pissed it was blocked...I needed that win.

Pac 10 hasn't fared too well in this bowl. They usually send an uninspired team and they get trapped. I think this is UCLA's 2nd loss in 3 years to a Mt West team in this bowl.

Which is why I had BYU winning. Of course, the fact that it was the Bruins made it that much sweeter for me. Did you see Davis crying at the end? AHAHA - awesome. USC is the only Pac10 team I have any real confidence in winning....

I agree coffee. Oregon without Dixon is pretty iffy vs anyone, Az State vs texas is must-watch tv I think. Oregon State is pretty good though, they might win.

I guess i bought into on the spew from wildcats and picked all the "TOP" Pac 10 teams in my bowl picks.............who's the fool :D