[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

pbf/hatton

wow friday afternoon...and not a thread about it yet....

too bad...because you are in the midst of being able to watch one of the greatest ever to do it...and nobody cares because everybody thinks this is a down era for boxing because its a down era for the heavyweight division....the 140-147 lb divisions might be as deep as they ever were...

floyd by ud

wow friday afternoon...and not a thread about it yet....

too bad...because you are in the midst of being able to watch one of the greatest ever to do it...and nobody cares because everybody thinks this is a down era for boxing because its a down era for the heavyweight division....the 140-147 lb divisions might be as deep as they ever were...

floyd by ud

I won't get to watch the fight unfortunately until next week but am looking forward to it.

Not sure what to think but I hope that Hatton gives him a good fight. I think it was go the distance as it usually does. I think it might be closer then we think. Hatton's got some moxey (sp?).

Im sorry and you guys may think I am nuts but Mayweather bores me to tears..I hate watching a fight when a 12 rd decision is more expected then a KO . He has ridiculous talent but I dont get psyched for his fights

His last KO was in 1995..This is an awesome boxing website..Check it out

Edited by whomper

Much like Jones Jr, I find Mayweather boring. Extremely talented but not willing to mix it up at all.

I'm hoping for Hatton, and I'll be watching it next week on the rebroadcast. Anyone watching it tonight?

Im sorry and you guys may think I am nuts but Mayweather bores me to tears..I hate watching a fight when a 12 rd decision is more expected then a KO . He has ridiculous talent but I dont get psyched for his fights

His last KO was in 1995..This is an awesome boxing website..Check it out

lolol...95???

I see Hatton winning. I think that Mayweather won't be able to hurt Hatton and most think that Mayweather will outpoint him the same way he did to De la Hoya but I think Hatton will be able to deal with Mayweathers speed and elusiveness. Hatton is relentless and he will score in the clinch and hurt Mayweathers body. I see Hatton winning a split decision. This should be a great fight. Hopefully Mayweather will come to fight and not just jab and run.

I see Hatton winning. I think that Mayweather won't be able to hurt Hatton and most think that Mayweather will outpoint him the same way he did to De la Hoya but I think Hatton will be able to deal with Mayweathers speed and elusiveness. Hatton is relentless and he will score in the clinch and hurt Mayweathers body. I see Hatton winning a split decision. This should be a great fight. Hopefully Mayweather will come to fight and not just jab and run.

the last, and only time, hatton fought at 147 he was rocked and nearly dropped in boston by luis collazo(who was then dismantled by shane mosley)...floyd may not be able to drop hatton with one shot...or even a combo...but if floyd opens up and lets his hands go...he can stop hatton by accumulating punches....hattons skin tears easily...he could open a cut...and peck away at it...

Surprisingly enough, Hatton came in at 145 last night. Mayweather was right at 147.

floyd also has 2 inches in height on hatton...and 7 inches in reach on him

and...floyd walks around normally at 147...he doesnt cut weight in camp...hatton sometimes baloons up into the 170s and higher between fights...hatton will probably add a good 10-15 pounds between the weigh in and the fight(friday and sat night)....floyd wont add anything

Floyd cant knock out Hatton, but can Hatton catch Floyd. This question decides the fight.

Much like Jones Jr, I find Mayweather boring. Extremely talented but not willing to mix it up at all.

I'm hoping for Hatton, and I'll be watching it next week on the rebroadcast. Anyone watching it tonight?

Exactly..Talent out the ass but wont mix it up..True he is so good he can cruise to decision wins but is that why we watch boxing ?

:D KO Mayweather..He shut me the hell up..Floyd was brilliant and he landed a beautiful left hook and sent Hatton.. Great fight..Hatton just kept trying to maul him but didnt land a ton of punches..Mayweather had his right hand lead going big time..The left hook was perfect..Hatton got up but was out on his feet..I stand corrected on my earlier comments in this thread when it came to this fight..Floyd withstood hugh pressure and in the 8th rd Floyd opened up and put on a clinic..Then sent him down..Good stuff Edited by whomper

Round 9

Hatton lands a good left out of a clinch that catches Floyd's attention. Mayweather circling away and popping Ricky with a couole of sharp jabs. Hatton continues to swarm Mayweather, but most of the effective punches are Floyd's. Another pair of jabs snaps back Hatton's head. Another short hook from Mayweather. Left-right to the chin, and then another right from Mayweather. Floyd apears to be in a groove and Hatton is not able to disrupt it at all right now.

Kieran Mulvaney scores it: 10-9, Mayweather

Darius Ortiz scores it: 10-9, Mayweather

Floyd Mayweather has just knocked out Floyd Mayweather in the 10th round.

Quoted from ESPN round by round coverage.

idiots.

Oh and the sopcast was terrible quality. So choppy I had to turn it off.

Hatton took a lot of hits earlier on in the fight and couldn't connect with Athenae on his own punches. He kept diving in there and got countered. Floyd was too quick and was surgical with his jab in the later rounds. He nailed that check hook and game over.

Impressive win for PBF and I think he still has one big fight left before he calls it quits.

Edited by budlitebrad

Dude must have been a chump for Floyd to knock him out. I watched the Dela Hoya fight againt yesterday, and Floyd hit him but Oscar was unphased by any of his shots.

The hook was perfect..Got him right on the jaw back by his ear..Hatton was game but not very impressive IMO..He just kept trying to muscle and push Floyd around but I dont remember him landing many good clean had shots. Floyds right hand lead was his best punch..I think in the 8th he displayed the arsenal and schooled Hatton in that rd..Emanueal Stewart kept calling it saying that Hatton may have been aggressive with his tireless pressure and pushing but Floyd was crafty and would catch him..Floyd lit him up the rd before the KO then finished him up good