[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

clemens

isleseeya

The mitchell report may not be perfect but it is clear that a lot of time and effort went inot it ...just as clear is that a number of players who were implicated ( and in past denied use ) have now stepped forward ...petite , brian roberts , fernando vina , etc...all admitted it in great degree because their is enough proof that was in the report and because the court of public opinion has them under the microscope ...and here comes roger clemens , who was implicated very strongly in the report , claiming he took nothing and knows nothing ... To me it looks ridiculous and very transparent and simply making him look a lot worse than ever before ...by the way , I have said it before on the boards but my nephew works for mlb , and has a lot of very close personal friends who work and have worked with the yankees ...he told me without a doubt that clemens used ...

I think his stance is pretty ridiculous ..my two cents

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mitchell report may not be perfect but it is clear that a lot of time and effort went inot it ...just as clear is that a number of players who were implicated ( and in past denied use ) have now stepped forward ...petite , brian roberts , fernando vina , etc...all admitted it in great degree because their is enough proof that was in the report and because the court of public opinion has them under the microscope ...and here comes roger clemens , who was implicated very strongly in the report , claiming he took nothing and knows nothing ... To me it looks ridiculous and very transparent and simply making him look a lot worse than ever before ...by the way , I have said it before on the boards but my nephew works for mlb , and has a lot of very close personal friends who work and have worked with the yankees ...he told me without a doubt that clemens used ...

I think his stance is pretty ridiculous ..my two cents

Being a Yankee fan I'm very disappointed in Clemens replies to the report. he looks :D I guess he figures he is not admitting anything until he test positive a la Barry.

I agree slayer ...I give petite much more credit the way he stood up ....

If Petite used for two days, that's different that Clemens coming forward and admitting to (for instance) systematic use for seven years ... so, it'd be harder to construct a media and fan-friendly mea culpa for him that Petitie. So, he doesn't do it. He takes a hard stance, and wil live and die with that hard stance.

I agree slayer ...I give petite much more credit the way he stood up ....

Here's how he stood up : "If what I did was an error in judgment on my part..."

"If" - f u c k him - that's not an apology, that's a calculated statement that avoids responsibility while using apologetic language to obscure his true feelings. He doesn't think he did anything wrong, and is making a statement simply because he has to. :D

Here's how he stood up : "If what I did was an error in judgment on my part..."

"If" - f u c k him - that's not an apology, that's a calculated statement that avoids responsibility while using apologetic language to obscure his true feelings. He doesn't think he did anything wrong, and is making a statement simply because he has to. :D

werd.

Forgive me for not cutting these guys some slack for fessing up once it's pretty much 100% clear that they're busted. That's not coming clean. I heard a great interview with John Smoltz the other day and he was basically saying the same thing. None of these admission mean a damned thing because none of them just came out and "got this off their chest" until we all knew it was there to begin with.

That's like pleading not guilty and then changing your plea after the jury pronounces you guilty. Too late bro.

As for Clemens, I'm happy to see him finally get his. I understand why Bonds is so universally hated but never understood why Clemens is so liked. They're the same guy. Bonds gets crap for having a lounger and big screen TV in the locker room, Clemens is just a savvy negotiator so he can come and go as he pleases. They both get a lounger and a big screen, it's just that Roger's is at home. Bonds is an a-hole. Clemens repeatedly throws at Piazza's head because the dude owned him. Bonds was great magically late in his career, Clemens...

The only difference up til now is that Bonds lied to Congress about using. It seems now the only reason why Clemens didn't was because he was never called before Congress.

werd.

Forgive me for not cutting these guys some slack for fessing up once it's pretty much 100% clear that they're busted. That's not coming clean. I heard a great interview with John Smoltz the other day and he was basically saying the same thing. None of these admission mean a damned thing because none of them just came out and "got this off their chest" until we all knew it was there to begin with.

That's like pleading not guilty and then changing your plea after the jury pronounces you guilty. Too late bro.

As for Clemens, I'm happy to see him finally get his. I understand why Bonds is so universally hated but never understood why Clemens is so liked. They're the same guy. Bonds gets crap for having a lounger and big screen TV in the locker room, Clemens is just a savvy negotiator so he can come and go as he pleases. They both get a lounger and a big screen, it's just that Roger's is at home. Bonds is an a-hole. Clemens repeatedly throws at Piazza's head because the dude owned him. Bonds was great magically late in his career, Clemens...

The only difference up til now is that Bonds lied to Congress about using. It seems now the only reason why Clemens didn't was because he was never called before Congress.

Good info here. And, I never really warmed up to Clemens due to his "negotiations" and not joining a team until halfway through a season.

Now, let the focus be on Greg Maddux, the best clean pitcher of this generation of steroid induced offense.

:D The difference, at least in media coverage, is that Bonds told everyone that they couldn't use or come near him when he was in his lounger watching his flatscreen TV. Clemens bought one for every minor league team he rehabbed for and let them keep it.

Oh, and the only bigger a-hole than Barry is Curt Schilling.

:D The difference, at least in media coverage, is that Bonds told everyone that they couldn't use or come near him when he was in his lounger watching his flatscreen TV. Clemens bought one for every minor league team he rehabbed for and let them keep it.

Curt Schilling may be the biggest glory hound in the history of sports. I give him credit for being a stud sp and clean but in a world of look at me athletes this guy may top the list. I dont care what happens to clemens to be honest but Curt calling for his Cy Youngs is an interesting dynamic to this whole thing. If any of the DBacks or Sox end up on the future lists will Curt hand back his rings ? Curt is all about Curt and ISMHO he is an insecure glory hound bitch

Edited by whomper

Good info here. And, I never really warmed up to Clemens due to his "negotiations" and not joining a team until halfway through a season.

Now, let the focus be on Greg Maddux, the best clean pitcher of this generation of steroid induced offense.

And perhaps debate his merits vs. Smoltz, yet another amazing and seemingly clean pitcher.

If you want to say Clemons is cooler than Barry, that's fine. Just realize that's like saying he smells better than a piece of crap. However, the fact that you used the " :D " only shows you're a myopic fool. My point is that he's really not that different despite the fact that Clemons has gotten a free pass for some time now. Great, so he bought a freaking TV for the minor league clubhouses.

As for Clemens, I'm happy to see him finally get his. I understand why Bonds is so universally hated but never understood why Clemens is so liked. They're the same guy.

True. Roger's "screw supporting the team, I want to come and go as I please" is an even bigger monument to selfishness than Barry's recliner ...:D Still, not having to be with the team when they were playing did free him up to vent some roid rage at his kids sporting events ... :D Yep, essentially the same guy. Both are TOads.

Edited by Donutrun Jellies

Curt Schilling may be the biggest glory hound in the history of sports. I give him credit for being a stud sp and clean but in a world of look at me athletes this guy may top the list. I dont care what happens to clemens to be honest but Curt calling for his Cy Youngs is an interesting dynamic to this whole thing. If any of the DBacks or Sox end up on the future lists will Curt hand back his rings ? Curt is all about Curt and ISMHO he is an insecure glory hound bitch

Agree 100%.

I hate that dillhole.

• 2 weeks later...
Roger Clemens will face a lawsuit if he says in a "60 Minutes" interview that his former personal trainer, Brian McNamee, was not truthful when he said he injected Clemens with performance-enhancing drugs, a lawyer hired by McNamee said Wednesday.

:D:D

If anyone saw 60 minutes last night, did the look on Wallace's face say "I think you're full of chit" or what?

that appearance didn't help clemens at all. wanting the benefit of the doubt, trying to introduce uncertaintly about how accurate lie detector test can be, offering up a weak argument for why his trainer and best friend would betray him (afraid of going to jail?), refusing to state how offenders should be punished (the damage done to the body is punishment enough?), and on and on. in no way does it seem to me that we have a guy here who is being wrongly accused ...

On top of that: b 12 shots. Any phys-ed doctor/nutrionist will tell you the following: vitamins have a max absorbtion rate at which point they pass through the urine. A pro athelete such as Clemens who eats correctly would have no need for a B12 shot because he would never have a deficiency.

IF you overwork yourself, don't eat right, lose sleep etc, THAT'S when you need a B12. Not if you're an MLB pitcher. Plus disco fever baby! do you need vitamins injections for? Are they that much better than pill form?

Deplorable. This press conference along with the 60 minute program last night IMO sealed Rogers fate. On the taped recording between McNamee and Clemens you could hear and feel the hurt and desperation in McNamee's voice. Without saying the words he was telling Roger that he's sorry. He asked Roger 6-7 times during the phone conversation to "tell me what you want me to do" That was Roger's opportunity to tell Brian to "come down here to the press conference, tell the truth and recant your story." Roger never did that because he knew that Brian wouldn't. He knew that he couldn't or he would be put in prison for lying. Why didn't Roger ever ask his buddy why he lied? Because he didn't. Roger had this phone conversation taped with all of his legal counsel listening. But he didn't ask Brian why he lied? Had Roger asked that question, Brian would have said "Come on Roger, we both know that I injected you". Then the tape could not have been used. Do you think we would have been given access to the phone call had Roger asked that question? Hell No!

I don't feel any sympathy for Roger Clemens. I feel sympathy for Brian McNamee. He was put in the postion that he had to tell the truth. And being forced to tell the truth he had to tell on his friend that he loved and respected. Roger Clemens continues to show what a pompous arrogant person he is. He wants the public to believe that he had no knowledge that his best friend, Andy Petitte, had used steroids that were given to him from Brian McNamee? A person that he trains with and has conducted training with Roger and Andy at the same time? Come on ....

Roger Clemens is just like all the other's that lie to protect their reputation and their future Hall Of Fame induction. These punks have ruined the integrity of this game and I for one, will not support this game anymore. I will not renew my season tickets to the Mariners this year. At least Giambi is man enough to tell the truth. Thanks Roger, for showing sports fans around the world that you are a fraud and a man with no integrity.

Edited by theprofessor

Deplorable. This press conference along with the 60 minute program last night IMO sealed Rogers fate. On the taped recording between McNamee and Clemens you could hear and feel the hurt and desperation in McNamee's voice. Without saying the words he was telling Roger that he's sorry. He asked Roger 6-7 times during the phone conversation to "tell me what you want me to do" That was Roger's opportunity to tell Brian to "come down here to the press conference, tell the truth and recant your story." Roger never did that because he knew that Brian wouldn't. He knew that he couldn't or he would be put in prison for lying. Why didn't Roger ever ask his buddy why he lied? Because he didn't. Roger had this phone conversation taped with all of his legal counsel listening. But he didn't ask Brian why he lied? Had Roger asked that question, Brian would have said "Come on Roger, we both know that I injected you". Then the tape could not have been used. Do you think we would have been given access to the phone call had Roger asked that question? Hell No!

I don't feel any sympathy for Roger Clemens. I feel sympathy for Brian McNamee. He was put in the postion that he had to tell the truth. And being forced to tell the truth he had to tell on his friend that he loved and respected. Roger Clemens continues to show what a pompous arrogant person he is. He wants the public to believe that he had no knowledge that his best friend, Andy Petitte, had used steroids that were given to him from Brian McNamee? A person that he trains with and has conducted training with Roger and Andy at the same time? Come on ....

Roger Clemens is just like all the other's that lie to protect their reputation and their future Hall Of Fame induction. These punks have ruined the integrity of this game and I for one, will not support this game anymore. I will not renew my season tickets to the Mariners this year. At least Giambi is man enough to tell the truth. Thanks Roger, for showing sports fans around the world that you are a fraud and a man with no integrity.

Do you still attend football games, because if you think the NFL is clean you are a fool.