[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

clemens

isleseeya

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anybody have a link for the taped phone conversation?

i only heard parts of it...bizzare. McNamee had no idea he was being recorded, which i understand

is legal to do in Texas if one party consents to the recording.

60 Minutes didn't convince me of his innocence, the press conf. just made his case

worse...there are still many smoking guns.

if he is guilty, man is he going to look bad. it's not murder we're talking about

but it will be on par with O.J. in terms of public perception....

Do you still attend football games, because if you think the NFL is clean you are a fool.

I do attend football games and NO the NFL probably isn't "clean" either but the difference is that MLB has caught these guys and the players excuse it and lie. I'm tired of it. I'm a baseball purist and I love the game but these modern day primadona's have tarnished baseball.

I do attend football games and NO the NFL probably isn't "clean" either but the difference is that MLB has caught these guys and the players excuse it and lie. I'm tired of it. I'm a baseball purist and I love the game but these modern day primadona's have tarnished baseball.

You are extremely naive if you think the teams and MLB have no culpability in all of this mess.

Recording the phone conversation and not really getting McNamee to say anything, and then playing it at a presser is kind of dumb. I mean, what did that prove?

For having what some call "the best" attorney they sure made a horrible mistake by having this press conference. Clemens did his best to bully the media clearly showing what an A$$ he really is. If he wants to influence public perception he sure went about it the wrong way.

as sad a statement as this is, it is also true, and i couldn't agree more with you.

You are extremely naive if you think the teams and MLB have no culpability in all of this mess.

I don't remember saying that :D I believe the teams, front office and coaching staff is well aware of what's going on. Do you think that these guys don't talk about it in the locker rooms, planes, bars, etc. Come on ....

Hopefully MLB can put policies in place and enforce them so that baseball can clean up and rid themselves of this garbage.

Edited by theprofessor

I don't remember saying that :D I believe the teams, front office and coaching staff is well aware of what's going on. Do you think that these guys don't talk about it in the locker rooms, planes, bars, etc. Come on ....

Hopefully MLB can put policies in place and enforce them so that baseball can clean up and rid themselves of this garbage.

You put it all on "primadonnas"......

I too am a purist and have loved baseball since i was a kid, played in HS and college. Love BB more than football. and yes it is sad but I'm not going to turn away because of a few idiots. It will just go down as the Steroid period, along with the dead ball period, the lower mound period, etc.

Baseball was on a witch hunt because of Barry, if the NFL would ever do what MLB did, you watch how many nuts fall from the tree if shaken. Every report of HGH I'd heard about involved trying to heal quickly from an injury. you don't think that goes on in the NFL where players recouperate from a 4-6 wk injury in 2-3 weeks. the NFL just turns a blind eye to HGH because they cannot test for it. but it will bite them in the azz just like it did MLB.

I too am a purist and have loved baseball since i was a kid, played in HS and college. Love BB more than football. and yes it is sad but I'm not going to turn away because of a few idiots. It will just go down as the Steroid period, along with the dead ball period, the lower mound period, etc.

Baseball was on a witch hunt because of Barry, if the NFL would ever do what MLB did, you watch how many nuts fall from the tree if shaken. Every report of HGH I'd heard about involved trying to heal quickly from an injury. you don't think that goes on in the NFL where players recouperate from a 4-6 wk injury in 2-3 weeks. the NFL just turns a blind eye to HGH because they cannot test for it. but it will bite them in the azz just like it did MLB.

Agreed.

I would think at this point baseball is pretty clean right now, at least as clean as it's been in decades.I think the current climate makes it difficult for any player to take something they can't even test for - like HGH - because the perception of the witch hunt being on in their sport puts a lot on the line for some.

The NFL, otoh, probably does have HGH coursing through it right now.

I would think at this point baseball is pretty clean right now, at least as clean as it's been in decades.I think the current climate makes it difficult for any player to take something they can't even test for - like HGH - because the perception of the witch hunt being on in their sport puts a lot on the line for some.

The NFL, otoh, probably does have HGH coursing through it right now.

i agree with this completely

Recording the phone conversation and not really getting McNamee to say anything, and then playing it at a presser is kind of dumb. I mean, what did that prove?

They were waiting for him to say to Roger that he did do it and they werent lies when Roger kept saying I am tired of the lies and that he didnt do roids. Why didnt Mac say . Well Roger..yes you did . I agree it wasnt a slam dunk for Clemens but it didnt hurt as bad as people are making it seem. It didnt say a great deal either way

complete joke, nothing specific was talked about and it proved nothing.......... Roger is a moran, and he comes off as so defensive and guilty. The more he talks, the more I believe he is guilty. McNamee loves Clemens, and had no choice but to give him up.

I can't wait til this all comes out even more and he gets buried.

Deplorable. This press conference along with the 60 minute program last night IMO sealed Rogers fate. On the taped recording between McNamee and Clemens you could hear and feel the hurt and desperation in McNamee's voice. Without saying the words he was telling Roger that he's sorry. He asked Roger 6-7 times during the phone conversation to "tell me what you want me to do" That was Roger's opportunity to tell Brian to "come down here to the press conference, tell the truth and recant your story." Roger never did that because he knew that Brian wouldn't. He knew that he couldn't or he would be put in prison for lying. Why didn't Roger ever ask his buddy why he lied? Because he didn't. Roger had this phone conversation taped with all of his legal counsel listening. But he didn't ask Brian why he lied? Had Roger asked that question, Brian would have said "Come on Roger, we both know that I injected you". Then the tape could not have been used. Do you think we would have been given access to the phone call had Roger asked that question? Hell No!

I don't feel any sympathy for Roger Clemens. I feel sympathy for Brian McNamee. He was put in the postion that he had to tell the truth. And being forced to tell the truth he had to tell on his friend that he loved and respected. Roger Clemens continues to show what a pompous arrogant person he is. He wants the public to believe that he had no knowledge that his best friend, Andy Petitte, had used steroids that were given to him from Brian McNamee? A person that he trains with and has conducted training with Roger and Andy at the same time? Come on ....

Roger Clemens is just like all the other's that lie to protect their reputation and their future Hall Of Fame induction. These punks have ruined the integrity of this game and I for one, will not support this game anymore. I will not renew my season tickets to the Mariners this year. At least Giambi is man enough to tell the truth. Thanks Roger, for showing sports fans around the world that you are a fraud and a man with no integrity.

Very well said!... :D

They were waiting for him to say to Roger that he did do it and they werent lies when Roger kept saying I am tired of the lies and that he didnt do roids. Why didnt Mac say . Well Roger..yes you did . I agree it wasnt a slam dunk for Clemens but it didnt hurt as bad as people are making it seem. It didnt say a great deal either way

Then why didn't Clemens say "What the *** Mac? You going to destroy my reputation like this? **** your sick kid and your **** wife. **** you, you little ****"?

Then why didn't Clemens say "What the *** Mac? You going to destroy my reputation like this? **** your sick kid and your **** wife. **** you, you little ****"?

You're absolutely correct. He should have just flat out said. You know you didnt inject me with roids why did you say that ? In the press conference afterwards he was asked and confirmed that his lawyers were there during that phone call. That explains the long pauses bewteen discussion.

You're absolutely correct. He should have just flat out said. You know you didnt inject me with roids why did you say that ? In the press conference afterwards he was asked and confirmed that his lawyers were there during that phone call. That explains the long pauses bewteen discussion.

And what was with the physical gestures towards the media people in the press conference? I didn't see this until last night (heard it on radio). Clemens looks like a doo$h in this whole thing. He needs to just keep his mouth shut and let the chips fall rather than make a circus out of it all.

And what was with the physical gestures towards the media people in the press conference? I didn't see this until last night (heard it on radio). Clemens looks like a doo$h in this whole thing. He needs to just keep his mouth shut and let the chips fall rather than make a circus out of it all.

I only heard it on the radio

yeah - this is just going to get worse for Rog- I mean, no one is of the opinion that he helped his cause with that lame taping. I mean, Mac is sitting there asking "what do you want me to do" Rog never ays anything to the effect of - why did you lie....and Mac loved Clemens, and he still never budged and said anything to damage his case or credibility.

He is such a d1ck - he may go completely down in flames - dude thinks he can do anything, and get away with it. Saw where Mac's attorney 'declared war on Clemens" :D . this could get really good...........

At least McGwire had the common sense to just fade away

yeah - this is just going to get worse for Rog- I mean, no one is of the opinion that he helped his cause with that lame taping. I mean, Mac is sitting there asking "what do you want me to do" Rog never ays anything to the effect of - why did you lie....and Mac loved Clemens, and he still never budged and said anything to damage his case or credibility.

He is such a d1ck - he may go completely down in flames - dude thinks he can do anything, and get away with it. Saw where Mac's attorney 'declared war on Clemens" :D . this could get really good...........

At least McGwire had the common sense to just fade away

Yeah, I saw Clemens on ESPN this morning and he was saying he didn't "give a rats ass about the Hall of Fame. "If you have a vote, you can keep it." That sure is pompous.

Edited by I Like Soup