[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"unanswered points"

detlef

You miss the point and read into this too literally. "unanswered points" by definition equates to scoring that 21 points in a row. The "unaswered points" means how many points in a row were scored before the other team scored again. The fact that they did score again doesn't enter into it as as an "answer."

First off, where might one find this "definition" and why are we to accept definitions that include the misuse of words? Secondly, since the very nature of the phrase implies that one "answers" the other teams score by scoring oneself. Why does the fact that team 2 scored after the string of 21 points not "enter into it as an "answer".

Once again, to apply your logic, every time you score a TD, you have a run of "unanswered" points because you get 6 and then 1 before I can "answer". However, provided I do, in fact, score points of my own after that TD, it is answered.

Pedantry. Common usage of a phrase is acceptable use of language and is one of the dynamics by which language develops.

I must disagree with my ursine associate here - NO amount of common usage will ever make "would/could/should of" acceptable.

The only bit of vernacular like that which bugs me is "critically important" Well, that and "negativity"

Or I hate when people say stuff like "I physically told him" or some such...oh, like you could have done that mentally? "I physically handed it to him"...oh...how else would you have handed something to someone? Really people, you don't need to try and add unnecessary words to make yourself sound smarter, chances are you are sounding more stupid.

I'm going to physically go walk in to the kitchen now...:D