[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worst BCS bowl season to date ?

theeohiostate

So who do you have as your top 5 programs on this decade?

Mine are

1.USC

2.OSU

3.OU

4.LSU

5.Texas/Florida tie

Looks about right to me, although you could mix 3 thru 5 around and not make much difference. I'd put LSU #3...

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who do you have as your top 5 programs on this decade?

Mine are

1.USC

2.OSU

3.OU

4.LSU

5.Texas/Florida tie

I think LSU would need to be above OU since they both have a title but LSU has a head to head bowl win vs OU. Also, now I know this is bringing up a sore subject, but the fact that OU has owned the Big 12 simply doesn't mean that much. With the exception of this year and the year when Texas won it all, there was simply not much standing in OU's way to do so. This is the only year that the North wasn't a complete joke and, with the exception of 2005, Texas was never more than simply good. To me, that sort of takes away the shine of having actually been in 3 NC games.

Also, there's the blow-out factor. OU has been completely destroyed in a BCS game like OSU was. I think that has to count against you.

I think I'm with Coffeeman here. OSU is #2 provided they take care of business on Monday. I don't even think they need to win big. The winner of Monday's game hits #2, the loser #3, followed by OU and either Texas or FL.

Edited by detlef

Big 10 looks to move on from a 1-1 tie with the sec and go up 2-1, nuff said about that considering WIsconsin got robbed and we should be up 3-0, thereby pushing are 10 reign over the sec in bowl games to 16-11

sec :D

Well, there's certainly been "nuff said about" that considering the freaking game hasn't been played. Feel free to go cook the books some more in the SEC v Big 10 thread but perhaps neither side should include tomorrow's game as a feather in it's cap until the freaking game is actually played?

Well, there's certainly been "nuff said about" that considering the freaking game hasn't been played. Feel free to go cook the books some more in the SEC v Big 10 thread but perhaps neither side should include tomorrow's game as a feather in it's cap until the freaking game is actually played?

Please correct me if i'm wrong if I misrepresented any facts in that post. It was done for the BCS era and I'm fairly certain those stats are to a tee. If you should find anything that contradicts them, please let me know, so I may update the thread. If not , then I don't think trying to undermine them without citing any specifics is going to cut it.

Please correct me if i'm wrong if I misrepresented any facts in that post. It was done for the BCS era and I'm fairly certain those stats are to a tee. If you should find anything that contradicts them, please let me know, so I may update the thread. If not , then I don't think trying to undermine them without citing any specifics is going to cut it.

Fine. Forgive me for implying that you were misrepresenting the facts about any games that have actually been played, though you must admit your constant inclination to declare losses wins based on how you saw the game rather than the actual score does sort of make your arguments suspect. That reference was simply a gratuitous jab and nothing more. So, back the issue at hand. Is it asking too much for you to wait until after Monday to include that game among Big 10 wins. Especially in light of the manner in which your team was completely trounced the last time they played a team from the SEC? Is that really too much to ask?

Edited by detlef

Fine. Forgive me for implying that you were misrepresenting the facts about any games that have actually been played. That reference was simply a gratuitous jab and nothing more. So, back the issue at hand. Is it asking too much for you to wait until after Monday to include that game among Big 10 wins. Especially in light of the manner in which your team was completely trounced the last time they played a team from the SEC? Is that really too much to ask?

I have not included the NC game amoung any of the stats reported in that thread. I have only made references to, what i feel is the inevitable, but have not inputed that game when citing any facts.

Yes, we should wait, but Rockers has little patience and must be dealt with accordingly.

Edited by theeohiostate

I have not included the NC game amoung any of the stats reported in that thread. I have only made references to, what i feel is the inevitable, but have not inputed that game when citing any facts.

Yes, we should wait, but Rockers has little patience and must be dealt with accordingly.

Rocker's team hasn't been the Big 10's bitch the way yours has been to the SEC. Might warrant mention. :D

Rocker's team hasn't been the Big 10's bitch the way yours has been to the SEC. Might warrant mention. :D

The way he talks, you'd think they'd of actually won a few games against the Big 10 over the last 10 years, but that isn't the case.

LSU 1-1 against the slow boys from the North. LSU hasn't beaten OSU in the last 20 years, that I can remember, but to hear that clown talk, you'd think they played every other week :D

Edited by theeohiostate

The way he talks, you'd think they'd of actually won a few games against the Big 10 over the last 10 years, but that isn't the case.

LSU 1-1 against the slow boys from the North. LSU hasn't beaten OSU in the last 20 years, that I can remember, but to hear that clown talk, you'd think they played every other week :D

Save the rolling eyes my friend, 'cause to hear you talk, you'd think OSU hadn't made a habit of taking it up the ass from the SEC either. :D

Save the rolling eyes my friend, 'cause to hear you talk, you'd think OSU hadn't made a habit of taking it up the ass from the SEC either. :D

2 Loses in the last 10 years is hardly taking anything up the arse :D

If you want to go back to the dawn of times, I'll club a few gals and throw em' over my shoulder after i pick my tooth with a dinosaur bone.

Looks like yet another blow out.

USC-WV-Georgia all win HUGE

Now Kansas is blowing out VaTech.

None of theses BCS games have been worth watching past halftime.

I can only hope LSU shows up to give us a game, or I may leave at halftime to start the celebration early.

Edited by theeohiostate

Do we really need to go over this again? :D Here, I'll make it easier for you midwesterners that obviously have several brain cells frozen due to the weather.

How would that PSU/TexAM matchup looked at Heinz Field? I trust it was in the 20's and probably snowing that day.

How would have the ILL/USC game looked at Soldier FIeld? Again, cold and snowy.

Michigan against Florida.... ooh, say this one was in a dome; Ford Field. Still, it's cold and snowy outside and who really wants to endure that when sunnier options are at your disposal and have been money-makers for years?

OSU vs. LSU in Cleveland or Cincy....?

..... you get the idea.

Again, Big Eleven Apologists, cry all you want about your poor wittle teams having to travel for their bowl games... but you have to be a complete and utter idiot to not realize that the bowl games are about MONEY and little else. The MONEY factor would be severely limited had these bowls been in cold-weather climates. Get a clue.

Did you see the crowds at the games!!!! Capital One crowd was basically the Swamp.

PSU also had to deal with being the visitors. You know OSU will travel well, but 1 hour from LSU come on.

You do not see any advantage to this??? I think there is plenty neutral sites to be found.

I would think switching it up every so often would not kill anyone.

The North travels every year.

I was wondering if anyone would ever bring this obvious point up. Thank you Darin!

Ford Field

RCA DOME

Edward Jones Dome, St.Louis Rams(dome)

Carrier Dome

That's 4 in big cities with plenty of entertainment and atmosphere.

Ford Field

RCA DOME

Edward Jones Dome, St.Louis Rams(dome)

Carrier Dome

That's 4 in big cities with plenty of entertainment and atmosphere.

No way in hell those wink wink lover boy from warm weather would consider making the trip in the winter and not baking that leather skin more.

what happens when my flight is cancelled by a f'n blizzard? who refunds my tickets?

I guess planes don't fly down South from up North either this time of year.

We all just get in our pick up trucks with the big snow tires and truck it down south.

:D

Did you see the crowds at the games!!!! Capital One crowd was basically the Swamp.

PSU also had to deal with being the visitors. You know OSU will travel well, but 1 hour from LSU come on.

You do not see any advantage to this??? I think there is plenty neutral sites to be found.

I would think switching it up every so often would not kill anyone.

The North travels every year.

Keep in mind, it's an invitation. If you don't want to come to our bowls, dont. :D

I guess planes don't fly down South from up North either this time of year.

We all just get in our pick up trucks with the big snow tires and truck it down south.

Well, given that this is such a solid idea, how come Big 10 officials have never made it happen? I'm all over the Ford Field Snow Bowl! I can't wait to come to Detroit in January!

Well, given that this is such a solid idea, how come Big 10 officials have never made it happen? I'm all over the Ford Field Snow Bowl! I can't wait to come to Detroit in January!

TOS (in his best Jack Nicholson voice)

"You want the snow?"

"You want the snow?"

untaeve (in his best Tom Cruise voice)

"YES"

TOS (in his best Jack Nicholson voice)

"You can't handle the snow"

Edited by theeohiostate