[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Divisional Weekend Gamblers (Anonymous) Thread

Steeltown Dre

Hate to say it but I think Lang has it pegged again today.

All I need is an Indy cover and it is a great week!!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because once the over moved up to 44, I was thinking of taking the under... Not so sure the game wouldn't have stayed under 44 had the Packers not turned it over twice deep in their own territory in the first 70 seconds of the game. Seattle was never able to put together a true scoring drive (other than one FG). No way to tell what would have happened, but my point was that those two turnovers may have cost me the under bet had I taken it. I was actually afraid that the early fumbles may have cost me my GB -7.5 bet, but the Packers obviously recovered quickly to cover.

I pounded seattle over 17.5 and I agree with your point about Sea doing nothing without those turnovers. GB almost took care of the over without SEA in my game over under though .

As for yesterday I am dissapointed with myself. I romped the sea/GB game then got stupid trying to go for the kill and lost late stuff..I do love that hockey play I posted above and did some small pops on the colts game .

Dre..Terrific job with these threads these playoffs..And props to everyone else for the great contributions..Lets finish them off today

Edited by whomper

Because once the over moved up to 44, I was thinking of taking the under... Not so sure the game wouldn't have stayed under 44 had the Packers not turned it over twice deep in their own territory in the first 70 seconds of the game. Seattle was never able to put together a true scoring drive (other than one FG). No way to tell what would have happened, but my point was that those two turnovers may have cost me the under bet had I taken it. I was actually afraid that the early fumbles may have cost me my GB -7.5 bet, but the Packers obviously recovered quickly to cover.

I can see your cause for passing. I got in on O 39.5 and as I said on Mondy, my system liked the over as long as you could get better than O 42.5

I didn't know this number would rise so much and so continuously throughout the week. I was suprised we saw 45 by gametime.

44 would have been a tough number and one I wouldn't have liked nearly as much.

I've got the Under in Ind already, and have these 2 teasers which are working off of Ind. I will go ahead and take Ind -9.5 (buy 0.5) although for not as much as I had on GB last night. It would make sense to reduce exposure on Ind and take SD +10, however I feel Ind is the right side here.

I really don't see both Ind and NYG covering today. If Ind covers today, I will be taking Dal -6.5.

Right now I've got in the Under on Ind/SD (I have it at 48), and Ind -9.5. And the 2 pending teasers.

Good luck today guys! Will be back if I have anything else to add. Also remember, after going 9-1 thus far in the postseason in posted plays, I would not tail as hard as you can. I usually post my large plays early in the week. The fact that I am playing Ind and possibly Dal but not putting the plays in until today should tell you I'm not as confident in these plays as I was in the Overs last night. But let's think positive!

Well, it couldn't last forever. I was somewhat propehtic in that early in the week I said what a bad idea teasers were for this round, and then I got caught up in the Budin fever and took that 3 team 10 point teaser which ended in Ind ML and had another teaser which ended Ind -2.5.

I contemplated taking SD +3 on an alternate spread, to essentially "buy back" should SD keep it close. I regret not acting on my initial good sense, and instead, resorted to my greed and not only let them lay, but put a little more on top w/ Ind.

I knew both Ind and NYG couldn't cover. But I figured it would be Ind and Dal as opposed to SD and NYG. Even though the public scored a huge, and I mean HUGE win w/ NYG covering and winning, books didn't get hit too bad because I can't tell you how many teasers out there needed Ind to win that game, and every single teaser lost.

I also got caught up in having too much action out there, instead of sticking to a few of my top reads. Unfortunately, my top reads would have gone 3-1, as all the Sat plays plus the Ind Under were my "top reads".

Foolishly I added medium amounts on the 2 teasers and slightly less than a medium play on Ind.

So all in all a losing Sunday, however my winnings on Sat more than made up for it. I said earlier that even if I lost every play except for the Sea/GB over, I'd still be on top. Well I went 3-0 in my plays Sat (4-0 including the advice play) and 0-2 on Sunday sides and 0-2 on Sunday teasers = overall 4-4 for the weekend, but still up very nicely.

We sadly only have 2 more days to bet NFL playoff football. I'll have the thread for the CCs up later today (hopefully) and we'll hope to win even more money this weekend.