[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ACC Hoops

billay

UNC with Lawson healthy, now that is a different story

UNC has really matured over the last 5 games. QT looks like a totally different player and will continue to contribute down the stretch. All the Heels have had to grow up a little bit with Ty out and Hansbrough has simply been fantastic. I just hope that Lawson can be reintegrated into the lineup smoothly.

UNC is definately a Final 4 team this year and has as good a shot at a national championship as anybody.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UNC has really matured over the last 5 games. QT looks like a totally different player and will continue to contribute down the stretch. All the Heels have had to grow up a little bit with Ty out and Hansbrough has simply been fantastic. I just hope that Lawson can be reintegrated into the lineup smoothly.

UNC is definately a Final 4 team this year and has as good a shot at a national championship as anybody.

That being said, Memphis is the most over rated bunch of non jump-shooters in the nation...Just a thought

yep- I think it will be UNC/UCLA/Memphis/KU cutting down the nets with Tenn and Tex having an outside shot. Not buying UT hype - the SEC is HORRIBLE, and if Lofton goes cold they are in trouble.

I love Tyler Madsen!!!

Your comparison is cute, but you're comparing a guy who averaged 10 and 8 for his career to Tyler Hansbrough?

You don't give Psycho T enough credit.

not really trying to be cute.......Tyler reminds of a more skilled Madsen, seriously.

The dude has been in the NBA for 8 years....... time will tell how long Tyler's career is.

I don't see him doing anything in the NBA

I love Tyler Madsen!!!
Your comparison is cute, but you're comparing a guy who averaged 10 and 8 for his career to Tyler Hansbrough?

You don't give Psycho T enough credit.

Plus living in Chapel Hill, I have seen

dance...much better dancer than
, but nowhere near as good as Danny Green Edited by KSUChiefsTarheelFan

I don't see him doing anything in the NBA

You mean anything more than this?

Mark Madsen Career Season Averages

Year Team G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG

00-01 LAL 70 3 9.2 0.487 1.000 0.703 1.1 1.1 2.2 0.3 0.1 0.1 0.39 1.60 2.0

01-02 LAL 59 5 11.0 0.452 0.000 0.648 1.5 1.2 2.7 0.7 0.3 0.2 0.37 1.80 2.8

02-03 LAL 54 22 14.5 0.423 0.000 0.590 1.6 1.4 2.9 0.7 0.3 0.3 0.50 2.10 3.2

03-04 MIN 72 12 17.3 0.495 0.000 0.483 1.9 1.9 3.8 0.4 0.5 0.2 0.65 2.40 3.6

04-05 MIN 41 14 14.7 0.515 0.000 0.500 1.5 1.6 3.1 0.4 0.2 0.3 0.59 2.50 2.1

05-06 MIN 62 7 10.9 0.409 0.000 0.426 0.8 1.5 2.3 0.2 0.4 0.3 0.42 1.80 1.2

06-07 MIN 56 0 8.4 0.535 0.000 0.517 0.6 0.9 1.6 0.2 0.2 0.2 0.38 1.80 1.1

07-08 MIN 14 6 9.1 0.154 0.000 0.167 1.0 1.1 2.1 0.2 0.1 0.1 0.43 1.60 0.4

Career 428 69 12.1 0.463 0.063 0.536 1.3 1.4 2.6 0.4 0.3 0.2 0.47 2.00 2.3

Now, I'm under no illusions that Tyler Hansbrough will be an NBA superstar, but as far as averaging 12 minutes and 2.3 ppg? I think that's probably a safe bet.

Madsen averages the same number of turnovers a game as he does points.

Has anyone else noticed how the level of play is a little more rough this year in the ACC. It's almost like they are getting them ready for the tournament against the Big East etc. Ref's are letting a lot of stuff go this year.

I think it will better prepare the ACC teams for the big dance.

Has anyone else noticed how the level of play is a little more rough this year in the ACC. It's almost like they are getting them ready for the tournament against the Big East etc. Ref's are letting a lot of stuff go this year.

I think it will better prepare the ACC teams for the big dance.

I've definately noticed. I agree with you that it should help ACC teams get ready for the big dance, but on another level I dislike it, as I think overtly physical play is a crutch for less talented teams. For better or worse, the ACC has had a long standing reputation as a "finesse" league, but we've got our share of titles to show for it.

Hansbrough = Nick Collison

Dude will average 6-7 points and 6-7 rebounds a game in the NBA.

good call,

but, I would say Collison is his CEILING - Nick was/is a much better all around player than Tyler. More polished offensively, more active and athletic- and while also undersized, he plays longer

good call,

but, I would say Collison is his CEILING - Nick was/is a much better all around player than Tyler. More polished offensively, more active and athletic- and while also undersized, he plays longer

Let's not forget he played in The Big 12. On a Kansas team with alot of threats. Good player, but as a college player Psycho-T is much a much better player then Collison. I can't compare the two as far as NBA game goes because...well....good ol' Tyler hasn't gotten there yet. Again, I make the comparison to C-Webb as far as his potential. But we shall see... :wacko:

Let's not forget he played in The Big 12. On a Kansas team with alot of threats. Good player, but as a college player Psycho-T is much a much better player then Collison. I can't compare the two as far as NBA game goes because...well....good ol' Tyler hasn't gotten there yet. Again, I make the comparison to C-Webb as far as his potential. But we shall see... :wacko:

I beg to differ- I think Collison was a better all around college player - he did it all- including blocking shots, and actually making assists- with Mad Dog Tyler does netiher of.

why the Big 12 hate? I mean you can say that about the ACC this year- not good at all with hardly any good low post opposition for Tyler.....

Big 12 is alot better than the ACC this year partnah

good call,

I'll give ya that. And yeah what's up with this dude's Big 12 hate? :wacko:

I beg to differ- I think Collison was a better all around college player - he did it all- including blocking shots, and actually making assists- with Mad Dog Tyler does netiher of.

why the Big 12 hate? I mean you can say that about the ACC this year- not good at all with hardly any good low post opposition for Tyler.....

Big 12 is alot better than the ACC this year partnah

Man I didn't want to do it. Ok first off, I mentioned before the supporting cast that Collison had didn't I? I thought I did, but just in case you missed it...

KU starters

Drew Gooden

Nick Collison

Kirk Hinrich

Aaron Milles

Wayne Simian

UNC starters

Ty Lawson

Wayne Ellington

Marcus Grinyard

Deon Thompson

Tyler Hansborough

All of that supporting cast contributed for Kansas, which in turn makes it a little easier for a guy like Collison do score. Tyler is often double and triple teamed not to mention Ty Lawson has been hurt most of this year. But if you really don't believe me, just check out compared stats of the two up to their Junior Year. :wacko:

I went to Kansas State. The Big 12 is no comparison the the ACC. Is the proof in the pudding? Need I show you more?

2007 RPI

2008 RPI

2008 is a good year for the Big 12...but not as good as the ACC just as Collison was not a "much better" player in college than Psycho-T is now.

PARTNAH

Edited by KSUChiefsTarheelFan

Man I didn't want to do it. Ok first off, I mentioned before the supporting cast that Collison had didn't I? I thought I did, but just in case you missed it...

KU starters

Drew Gooden

Nick Collison

Kirk Hinrich

Aaron Milles

Wayne Simian

UNC starters

Ty Lawson

Wayne Ellington

Marcus Grinyard

Deon Thompson

Tyler Hansborough

All of that supporting cast contributed for Kansas, which in turn makes it a little easier for a guy like Collison do score. Tyler is often double and triple teamed not to mention Ty Lawson has been hurt most of this year. But if you really don't believe me, just check out compared stats of the two up to their Junior Year. :D

I went to Kansas State. The Big 12 is no comparison the the ACC. Is the proof in the pudding? Need I show you more?

2007 RPI

2008 RPI

2008 is a good year for the Big 12...but not as good as the ACC just as Collison was not a "much better" player in college than Psycho-T is now.

PARTNAH

Alright, you're new here so we'll give you a free pass on this one. But you're convoluting everything almost beyond comprehension.

First of all, are you saying that Ellington and Lawson and these other Heels aren't as good as Collison's running mates? Even if you are, so what?

The Hansbrough/Collison comparison came about to simply point out that Hansbrough, most likely, will have an NBA career similar to Collison's. I will admit, though, that Hansbrough's ceiling is a bit higher than Collison's and has a bit more upside coming in. For you to compare Hansbrough to Webber is beyond silly. I don't even know where to begin to point out how inane that is. :wacko:

And lastly, you're going to say the ACC's vastly superior to the Big 12 because they're an eyelash better in RPI? Give me a break.

You're gonna have to do way better than that.... even in a lightly-traveled forum like this one. :D

Alright, you're new here so we'll give you a free pass on this one. But you're convoluting everything almost beyond comprehension.

First of all, are you saying that Ellington and Lawson and these other Heels aren't as good as Collison's running mates? Even if you are, so what?

The Hansbrough/Collison comparison came about to simply point out that Hansbrough, most likely, will have an NBA career similar to Collison's. I will admit, though, that Hansbrough's ceiling is a bit higher than Collison's and has a bit more upside coming in. For you to compare Hansbrough to Webber is beyond silly. I don't even know where to begin to point out how inane that is. :wacko:

And lastly, you're going to say the ACC's vastly superior to the Big 12 because they're an eyelash better in RPI? Give me a break.

You're gonna have to do way better than that.... even in a lightly-traveled forum like this one. :D

Never said they weren't as good. Just said he had a better supporting cast. As far as the ACC vs The Big 12, just look back thru the years on that gool ol' RPI site i linked you to...you will see.

Rookie out :D

Never said they weren't as good. Just said he had a better supporting cast. As far as the ACC vs The Big 12, just look back thru the years on that gool ol' RPI site i linked you to...you will see.

Rookie out :wacko:

Trust me, I know the ACC has been top dog for many a year, and the Big 12 has been the redheaded stepchild. But you must admit, this is the year where the ACC does not look as good and the Big 12 has looked mighty good.

Oh, and dangit I wanted you to argue the Hansbrough vs. Webber point more. I mean, you wanna talk about supporting casts? :D

Trust me, I know the ACC has been top dog for many a year, and the Big 12 has been the redheaded stepchild. But you must admit, this is the year where the ACC does not look as good and the Big 12 has looked mighty good.

Oh, and dangit I wanted you to argue the Hansbrough vs. Webber point more. I mean, you wanna talk about supporting casts? :D

I think Tyler can be like the old fat Webber in the NBA. Mid-range jumper. A Rebounder. Hits free throws. And not to mention this guy likes to get physical unlike Webber which is a plus. Best believe I wasn't comparing their college game.

Speaking of the Big 12...where the heck did Texas come from? :wacko:

I think Tyler can be like the old fat Webber in the NBA. Mid-range jumper. A Rebounder. Hits free throws. And not to mention this guy likes to get physical unlike Webber which is a plus. Best believe I wasn't comparing their college game.

Speaking of the Big 12...where the heck did Texas come from? :wacko:

Hansbrough is way more of a banger than Webber ever was in college or the NBA.

UT, ah now you're speakin' my language. :D Two words: guard play. Go check my KU/UT thread from last week. UT is gonna be killer in the tournament. Already dispensed of KU and UCLA, two VERY good teams that most pundits have already penciled into the Final Four. Not only do the 'Horns have terrific guards, but their frontcourt is tremendously underrated. A nice spot-up big man in Atchley, an athletic slasher in Mason, and an emerging talent in Johnson. Watch out.