[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jason Kidd to the Mavs

myhousekey

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3244102

The deal -- salvaged from talks on a three-way trade with Portland that developed and fizzled quickly two weeks ago -- has Dallas sending 24-year-old point guard Devin Harris, veteran swingman Jerry Stackhouse, the expiring contracts of center DeSagana Diop and swingman Devean George and guard Maurice Ager to New Jersey for Kidd and forward Malik Allen.

Sources say Dallas will also add the league-maximum $3 million in cash and send its first-round draft pick this June as well as a first-rounder in 2010.

The Nets are expected to buy out Stackhouse's contract immediately, which could enable him to re-sign with Dallas if he waits 30 days, and ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard reports that the Nets and the Mavs are likewise poised to complete a separate trade that will send swingman Antoine Wright to Dallas for a future second-round pick.

Sucks for us Nets fans in the short term, but in general I like the trade overall since this season is going NOWHERE. According to reports, it's Kidd and Malik Allen for Harris, Diop, Stack, Deavon George, 3 million in cash, this year's 1st round pick and a future first rounder. Stack will most likely be bought out and Allen is an old fart, so we're really talking about Kidd for Harris (a rising star point guard), Diop (a quality defender when he's motivated) 3 million and 2 first round picks. . .that's plenty for a guy who probably has less than 3 years left in the tank, max.

Today I'm :wacko: , but looking to the Nets future I say the deal is :D

Sucks for us Nets fans in the short term, but in general I like the trade overall since this season is going NOWHERE. According to reports, it's Kidd and Malik Allen for Harris, Diop, Stack, Deavon George, 3 million in cash, this year's 1st round pick and a future first rounder. Stack will most likely be bought out and Allen is an old fart, so we're really talking about Kidd for Harris (a rising star point guard), Diop (a quality defender when he's motivated) 3 million and 2 first round picks. . .that's plenty for a guy who probably has less than 3 years left in the tank, max.

Today I'm :wacko: , but looking to the Nets future I say the deal is :D

I also read that Jermaine O'Neal for Vince Carter plus something is/was also in the works, but possibly on hold because of O'Neals knee injury.

I also read that Jermaine O'Neal for Vince Carter plus something is/was also in the works, but possibly on hold because of O'Neals knee injury.

OK, that would just :wacko:

I can't stand guys with their own personal collection of crutches, casts and walking boots. Never trade for players who are never healthy and never win.

At least Vince is usually healthy. . .keep him.

Devean George has apparently blocked the trade.

Well so much for that. :wacko:

If I were Marc Cuban and Rod Thorn I'd make it plain and simple. . .remove George from the trade since he's a Chicken McNobody anyway, go ahead with the trade and then NEVER PLAY GEORGE A SINGLE MINUTE FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON. I mean, who does he think he is??

Just read that trade may still happen. George just wants a playing time guarantee since he is a FA after the season, and he would lose is "Bird rights" if he gets traded.

Stackhouse can make out like a bandit. Get traded. Get cut/buyout. Resign with Dallas in 30 days. Nice to get a 1 month paid vacation midseason.

If I were a Nets fan, I would be pissed that D George blocked the trade. You were (and still may be) getting:

Devin Harris (potential star)

J Stackhouse (he's old, but could provide some leadership until he sails off into the sunset)

D George (nothing more than the sixth man)

TWO (2) FIRST ROUND draft picks

AND $3,000,000

Jason Kidd is done! I think he's one of the most overrated players in the NBA. He cant put a team on his back to get them to the next level.. What happens when he tries? His knees buckle and the fall..

I dont like the trade AT ALL if I'm a Mavericks fan

Jason Kidd is done! I think he's one of the most overrated players in the NBA.

Jason Kidd has TWELVE triple-doubles this year. The rest of the National Basketball League has seventeen COMBINED.

D. George has some balls blocking this trade and demanding PT one day after shooting ZERO FOR ELEVEN in a game. :wacko:

Amazing seeing the quick interview with George before the TNT game today:

"Everyone's saying this is a selfish move I'm making. It's not. I'm just looking out for MY BEST INTEREST." :wacko:

Hope he enjoys getting booed off the court every second he's in the game. . .way to make every fan in the stadium hate your guts, fecktard.

Amazing seeing the quick interview with George before the TNT game today:

"Everyone's saying this is a selfish move I'm making. It's not. I'm just looking out for MY BEST INTEREST." :D

Hope he enjoys getting booed off the court every second he's in the game. . .way to make every fan in the stadium hate your guts, fecktard.

Um.....there's some reason George should conspire to ensure he gets less money going forward? :wacko:

Um.....there's some reason George should conspire to ensure he gets less money going forward? :wacko:

I'm not saying that. I'm saying look into the camera and say "This IS a selfish move. Show me the money"

Now they're saying that to restructure the trade without George, they'd have to bring Keith Van Horn out of retirement and ship him to the Nets. . . I'm just confused at this point. . .

I'm not saying that. I'm saying look into the camera and say "This IS a selfish move. Show me the money"

Now they're saying that to restructure the trade without George, they'd have to bring Keith Van Horn out of retirement and ship him to the Nets. . . I'm just confused at this point. . .

What?!? Must be a legacy salary cap thing, cuz there's no way Van Horn will play. All this $ trading that the cap requires - with no real connection to players on the floor helping the team - is such BS...

Don't be bashing George, bash the idiot that gave him a no trade clause.

True. How did a bit player ever get THAT clause?

He got it as part of the standard CBA as he is a veteran of X years and took a one year deal. It's those "Early Bird rights" thing.

Now the deal may be squashed because of Stackhouse. IT was pretty well known he was going to be bought out by the Nets and wouldn't be suiting up for them anyway, but the dumbarse made comments that he would just sit his 30 days and come back to the Mavs, which is allowed, but is a non-no to be a pre arranged deal. Dallas may get hurt by his comments badly.

I am always a little surprised when people condemn athletes for "selfishness" when every working Joe Blow, presented with a similar situation, would make exactly the same self-focussed cost benefit analysis.

I am always a little surprised when people condemn athletes for "selfishness" when every working Joe Blow, presented with a similar situation, would make exactly the same self-focussed cost benefit analysis.

What if your actions caused every one of your co-workers to resent you, weakened the product your company was creating, and was in direct insubordination of your bosses wishes?

Would it be worth it?

What if your actions caused every one of your co-workers to resent you, weakened the product your company was creating, and was in direct insubordination of your bosses wishes?

Would it be worth it?

Oh please, how is George doing any of those things? Every one of his co-workers? Gasol? Bryant? Garnett? Jefferson? And on? All pro players know exactly what the deal is here - and they all know those early Bird rights may come in useful for them one day.

The product isn't weakened, it's exactly the same as it was before and finally, who gives a chit about insubordination when the boss in question is the one that decided to ship you off to some chithole franchise that's dead on it's feet? It'd be like you getting sent from retail at Nordstrom to retail at a gas station.

Oh please, how is George doing any of those things? Every one of his co-workers? Gasol? Bryant? Garnett? Jefferson? And on? All pro players know exactly what the deal is here - and they all know those early Bird rights may come in useful for them one day.

The product isn't weakened, it's exactly the same as it was before and finally, who gives a chit about insubordination when the boss in question is the one that decided to ship you off to some chithole franchise that's dead on it's feet? It'd be like you getting sent from retail at Nordstrom to retail at a gas station.

I wasn't saying co-workers as in all NBA players, just the players on Dallas who have no shot of winning a title as is, but have a much better chance with Kidd running the point. You don't think they want the trade to go through? That's the product that's weakened. And the Dallas fans all currently hate his guts.. . .