[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jason Kidd to the Mavs

myhousekey

Even with Kidd, they wouldn't be the best team in the West. Save the draft picks.

Let's talk in terms of percentages. . .without Kidd the Mavs have about a 5-10% chance of winning a championship this year. If they go through with the trade, how much do you think it would heighten their chances? If it put them in the 20-30% range, then I guess it's a gamble that Mark Cuban is willing to take. I can't fault him for trying to win NOW.

Look, I'm a Nets fan and I'm in favor of the trade. . .I want those draft picks, even if they'll most likely be late first rounders. And we could really use a player like Deavon George, too. :wacko:

+1

New Jersey made out big time in this trade! Mark Cuban panicked cause LA and PHX made moves. Just mortgaged their future.

How so?

The two picks? Even without the trade the Mavs would be winning 47+ games in those seasons so the picks are marginal, at best. Harris is better than average when you get him on a day when he's not hurt. And if Cuban is willing to spend the money on Van Horn and send some cash to New Jersey, who cares?

I don't think this trade puts the Mavs over-the-top but it makes them a better team and if everything meshes, they have a better shot now. Would have been nice to snag Kurt Thomas but you can't win them all. Throw out tonight even if they come back, they are now better this year and I'm not sure what future they just gave away. Not like Cuban won't be looking to add to Stack, Dirk, Terry, Howard and Kidd next year, either if thet's what he wants to try.