[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wed, March 12, 10:00 EST

untateve

I thought the challenge this week was pretty good.

Richard and Dale are obviously the two to beat, since they've had the best and most creative dishes so far. The one girl who screwed up the polish sausage needs to go. She can't take criticism at all and acts like the judges are out of their minds.

I can't believe the arrogance of simply not doing what you're assigned to do. Same as the dude with the five-course froo-froo "fine dining' tailgate. "Here, do magenta drunken polish sausage." "Nah, screw that, I'll do chilean sea bass instead. Worked great for Spike and Manuel two challenges ago."

Peace

policy

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those keeping score at home,

this is the second week in a row tha stephanie has been in the bottom group. I think she may have used up her good will from her previous hot streak.

What happened to this show? We've hit $10 dinner, uncle ben's rice, tailgating parties.

What happened to this show? We've hit $10 dinner, uncle ben's rice, tailgating parties.

They are trying to come up with different interesting(?) ideas, I'm guessing. Over at bravo, some of the posters have come up with different ideas that could better show off the talents of a top chef.

I agree that seeing how a top chef creates a meal for four for $10 is not something I care about.

They are trying to come up with different interesting(?) ideas, I'm guessing. Over at bravo, some of the posters have come up with different ideas that could better show off the talents of a top chef.

I agree that seeing how a top chef creates a meal for four for $10 is not something I care about.

On the contrary, I get sick of seeing the more mediocre chefs whip out lobster and steak for every challenge. The idea is to test their knowledge, creativity, and skills, right? Arguably the best challenge would be "make the best possible meal" every week until you have a winner, but you'd be getting a lot of foie gras and truffles every single episode. I want to see these folks be original and creative.

Peace

policy

Okay, here's my question: when the hell is

Nikki

going home?

I didn't catch very much of this week's episode, but she spend the first five or six weeks making terrible and eye-rollingly predictable food. "Hmm, block party, Italian-American, I better make Mac & Cheese." Then she uses Velveeta, and THEN it turns into a solid brick of nastiness.

She always seems to luck out in groups, pairings, etc., though, so she's never on the block . . .

Peace

policy

Okay, here's my question: when the hell is

Nikki

going home?

I didn't catch very much of this week's episode, but she spend the first five or six weeks making terrible and eye-rollingly predictable food. "Hmm, block party, Italian-American, I better make Mac & Cheese." Then she uses Velveeta, and THEN it turns into a solid brick of nastiness.

She always seems to luck out in groups, pairings, etc., though, so she's never on the block . . .

Peace

policy

I think it's a race between

nikki

and

lisa

for who goes home next.

I also like to see creativity but I think tailgate food or a meal for 4 for $10 is kind of silly. Some suggestions I read at bravo were creating a meal based on a work of art; creating a meal based on a season.

Have I strayed into the ghey?

I think it's a race between

nikki

and

lisa

for who goes home next.

I also like to see creativity but I think tailgate food or a meal for 4 for $10 is kind of silly. Some suggestions I read at bravo were creating a meal based on a work of art; creating a meal based on a season.

Have I strayed into the ghey?

We're already watching Top Chef on Bravo. I think we're well under suspicion, my friend. :wacko:

They already did a meal based on a movie (which is sort of art :D ), with mixed results. With a lot of these chefs, unless you put them under really tight reigns they just make whatever they feel like making. Some seem to relish the challenges and others seem resentful.

As far as the $10 goes, you absolutely can make great meals with fresh produce, starches, etc. Pasta, tortillas, couscous, etc. Remember the vending-machine quickfire from season 2? Some made wonderful amuse bouches(sp?) you'd never know came from a hallway vending machine. One guy stuck a Cheetoh in a lump of Snickers. It's all about separating the wheat from the chaff, and I for one think it's good to shake these folks out of their comfort zone.

Peace

policy

We're already watching Top Chef on Bravo. I think we're well under suspicion, my friend. :wacko:

They already did a meal based on a movie (which is sort of art :D ), with mixed results. With a lot of these chefs, unless you put them under really tight reigns they just make whatever they feel like making. Some seem to relish the challenges and others seem resentful.

As far as the $10 goes, you absolutely can make great meals with fresh produce, starches, etc. Pasta, tortillas, couscous, etc. Remember the vending-machine quickfire from season 2? Some made wonderful amuse bouches(sp?) you'd never know came from a hallway vending machine. One guy stuck a Cheetoh in a lump of Snickers. It's all about separating the wheat from the chaff, and I for one think it's good to shake these folks out of their comfort zone.

Peace

policy

Okay, I see your point.

Peace

policy

This is exactly why this show rocks. It doesn't surivive simply on the personality of the contestents. The challenges mean so much and make it so interesting. All you really need are good chefs.

Next week's wedding challenge should be interesting...

Edited by TDFFFreak

that one was due......

i liked that quickfire... i would have done well with the oranges, haven't worked with artichokes in a while, so-so with the monkfish, and would have rocked on the mayo.

but, a wedding for 125 isn't that hugh to be honest... i feel for dale..... i have left some jobs because of that crap.

but, a wedding for 125 isn't that hugh to be honest...

+1

125 is nothing. The cooks I used to work with could have busted that out a lot quicker.

Then again, they don't have to make the wedding cake and some of their hors d'oeuvres are bought frozen.

that one was due......

i liked that quickfire... i would have done well with the oranges, haven't worked with artichokes in a while, so-so with the monkfish, and would have rocked on the mayo.

but, a wedding for 125 isn't that hugh to be honest... i feel for dale..... i have left some jobs because of that crap.

As soon as the teams were made, I knew Dale was not going to be pleased. However, IMO, he certainly did little (at least how the show was edited) to improve team comraderie or cohesion. Nobody wants to deal with someone who's having a 14 hour temper tantrum.

This elimination challenge got it right and agree it was due. This was a time for

-Nikki-

to step up and s/he appeared to actually refuse to do so.

As soon as the teams were made, I knew Dale was not going to be pleased. However, IMO, he certainly did little (at least how the show was edited) to improve team comraderie or cohesion. Nobody wants to deal with someone who's having a 14 hour temper tantrum.

This elimination challenge got it right and agree it was due. This was a time for

-Nikki-

to step up and s/he appeared to actually refuse to do so.

Agreed that they eliminated the right chef last night.

Dale is a bit of an a-hole, but he appears to be a good chef who expects perfection from his co-workers. His problem playing with others may be his downfall. If this show is based on cooking talent alone, he is one of the favorites, but if they take into account the respect that the chef gets from others, he's doomed.

Richard (spikey hair dude) is so relaxed, talented, and well respected. He is my favorite and has to be the odds on favorite to take the title of Top Chef. Unless he really screws it up, I do not see anyone more deserving on the show this season.

Edited by TDFFFreak

I had never seen a whole monkfish before. That is one scary looking creature. Wow.

I had never seen a whole monkfish before. That is one scary looking creature. Wow.

At Pike Place Market in Seattle, they leave one on display (seems like year round)...Only hitch is that they've rigged up a handle to make it jump out at customers as they walk by. Can be enjoyable to watch.

At Pike Place Market in Seattle, they leave one on display (seems like year round)...Only hitch is that they've rigged up a handle to make it jump out at customers as they walk by. Can be enjoyable to watch.

:wacko:

I think we stood there for a good 20 mins watching them.

I think they should have kicked off all 3 cooks last night, but that's just me.

I think it's clear neither Lisa nor Spike will win it all and are likely to be eliminated over the next two weeks. One of them may fluke into the Final 4, particularly with "Restaurant Wars" taking place next week. Neither of them will take the 'executive chef' role and therefore could be saved for another week as a result.

I think it's clear neither Lisa nor Spike will win it all and are likely to be eliminated over the next two weeks. One of them may fluke into the Final 4, particularly with "Restaurant Wars" taking place next week. Neither of them will take the 'executive chef' role and therefore could be saved for another week as a result.

completely agree.

completely agree.

I'm really hoping to see Dale and Lisa go soon. Too much doucheyness from both of them, especially Dale. I'm rooting for Bliase and Stephanie to take it to the wire. I don't mind Spike, although he's probably one of the weaker chefs left.

I don't understand why most of them are so defensive about their food. Chicken salad? Some messy pieces of sushi? Poorly cooked shrimp with some vegetables? Not exactly solid dishes. Kinda arrogant to disregard the opinions of judges who have been doing this a lot longer than they have.

I don't understand why most of them are so defensive about their food.

well. it's our livelihood and their asses are on the line (they face elimination).... it's very understandable for them to defend their dishes.