[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wed, March 12, 10:00 EST

untateve

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotcha, but it just seems like these guys are a lot angrier about it compared to past seasons.

well....some seem higher strung... and their aggitation is magnified when on the "chopping block."

I'm getting HUNGRY here!!!

Richard & Dale seemed a notch above from the start. Richard w/ good creativity and a great attitude and Dale with maybe a bit more refinement, especially w/ high-tech equipment/chemical/technique (can you say Marcel & foam?).

Wondering when the producers are going to bring back some of the chefs that were booted off as helpers or diners.

By the way, Bier....happy belated.

I'm really hoping to see Dale and Lisa go soon. Too much doucheyness from both of them, especially Dale. I'm rooting for Bliase and Stephanie to take it to the wire. I don't mind Spike, although he's probably one of the weaker chefs left.

Hate to break it to you but

Dale

is probably one of the best chefs on the show and could easily win it all.

Edited by twiley

Dale

Dale, who in the first episode said "I want to show that I can cook anything, not just Asian food"? The guy has gotten through on nothing but Miso glazes and stir fries. Blaise, on the other hand, looked like Mr. Molecular Gastronomy in the first few episodes, and has put down the gagets and shown that he can do just about anything well.

Dale is very talented, I agree with you, but his attitude sucks. . .he needs a diaper change every episode. . . he acts like a 5 year old. Shouldn't the top chef be someone who can be respected?

Dale, who in the first episode said "I want to show that I can cook anything, not just Asian food"? The guy has gotten through on nothing but Miso glazes and stir fries. Blaise, on the other hand, looked like Mr. Molecular Gastronomy in the first few episodes, and has put down the gagets and shown that he can do just about anything well.

Dale is very talented, I agree with you, but his attitude sucks. . .he needs a diaper change every episode. . . he acts like a 5 year old. Shouldn't the top chef be someone who can be respected?

Totally agree but look at season 2's winner Illan. Dude could cook the crap out of Spanish food and that's pretty much all he did.

Totally agree but look at season 2's winner Illan. Dude could cook the crap out of Spanish food and that's pretty much all he did.

Oh, and another reason Blaise is the man: He's given the win on the biggest challenge of the year and says "I think Stephanie deserved it" and gives it up to her. THAT'S a leader.

Dale

I told my wife before this week's episode that

Dale

would do fine because it's an individual challenge . . .

I bet he's kicked off in Restaurant Wars when someone tells him he can't have his way and he punches a hole through an oven.

Peace

policy

Edited by policyvote

Oh, and another reason Blaise is the man: He's given the win on the biggest challenge of the year and says "I think Stephanie deserved it" and gives it up to her. THAT'S a leader.

Preaching to the choir, I'm a big fan of Blaise. I sent Bier a link about Blaise and a menu he prepared a couple weeks ago from a blog and it was amazing. I'll try and dig it up again.

I'm really hoping to see Dale and Lisa go soon. Too much doucheyness from both of them, especially Dale. I'm rooting for Bliase and Stephanie to take it to the wire. I don't mind Spike, although he's probably one of the weaker chefs left.

Dale appears to be one of the better chefs (although he cooks a lot of the same style food), but his unwillingness to work with other chefs will be his downfall. There's only so far you can go when you don't play well with others.

Richard is still my favorite. A good chef and attitude. Seems to be well liked.

A buddy of mine just auditioned for next season... it would be pretty cool watching someone you know on this show!

All you Denver foodies need to check out the new pastry shop next door to Strings (Aaron's the Exec Chef there) ..D-Bar Desserts ,Keegan Gerhard (Food Network host) and Lisa Bailey are opening it this weekend. Keegan invited the wife and I over a couple of weeks ago and it was fantastic!!

Are you f'n kidding me?

I know that dale was the executive chef but come on...How can that nasty bish go through? How many dishes has she fkd up and how many times in a row has she been in the bottom three? Last week she served nearly raw shrimp? This week, the bish can't cook rice! And she's in the final 5. What has she done since she cooked the miso bacon?

Okay. Rant over.

Are you f'n kidding me?

I know that dale was the executive chef but come on...How can that nasty bish go through? How many dishes has she fkd up and how many times in a row has she been in the bottom three? Last week she served nearly raw shrimp? This week, the bish can't cook rice! And she's in the final 5. What has she done since she cooked the miso bacon?

Okay. Rant over.

+1

Lisa shouldn't make it to the final. Spike was smart to just back out of the kitchen and will likely sneak into the top 4 next week.

I told my wife before this week's episode that

Dale

would do fine because it's an individual challenge . . .

I bet he's kicked off in Restaurant Wars when someone tells him he can't have his way and he punches a hole through an oven.

:wacko:

Peace

policy

Edited by policyvote

Are you f'n kidding me?

It seems like Dale and Lisa are both totally unable and unwilling to work with each other . . . as the executive chef I think Dale has to take the fall. Moreover, they hated his food too. I think if the butterscotch scallop dish was a great success instead of a miserable disappoinment, maybe Dale gets a pass and Lisa goes home. Who knows? I think that in a group of Richard, Stephanie, Antonia, Spike, and Lisa, Lisa has no chance. CERTAINLY not in the finale.

Was anyone else really intrigued by that shot in the teaser of all five of them holding hands in front of the judges' table? It makes it seem like they're all standing in solidarity against the judges, or some crazy thing happened that made them all bond as a team. :wacko:

Peace

policy

marginally tough call on this one....

while dale'sdish was a flop and doesn't display decent people skills, i thin lisa should have been the one to go. i haven't been overly impressed with her and her dishes really put the team in jeopardy. constantly pointing fingers and not taking full responsibility for her downfalls (only did with regard to too much smoke). not a good leader imo. i believe dale's talent should have overridden his people skills this week. i really don't think spike or antonia are terribly good.

marginally tough call on this one....

while dale'sdish was a flop and doesn't display decent people skills, i thin lisa should have been the one to go. i haven't been overly impressed with her and her dishes really put the team in jeopardy. constantly pointing fingers and not taking full responsibility for her downfalls (only did with regard to too much smoke). not a good leader imo. i believe dale's talent should have overridden his people skills this week. i really don't think spike or antonia are terribly good.

Agree with this 100%

I think Dale deserved one more chance over Lisa, but maybe the judges haven't been completely privy to all that went on behind the scenes. In either case, I think it's inevitable that both Lisa and Dale are/were going home before a winner is announced, probably with Spike shortly behind them.

Richard is still the man. If he doesn't win, I'll be disappointed.

A small part of me wishes that

Lisa and Spike are there in the end and one of them wins it.

If this were to happen, maybe the judges would be more inclined to look at overall accomplishments when judging close competitions rather than letting

a fk like Lisa and a weasel like spike getting this far in the competition.

After all,

dale had more quickfire and elimination wins than those two ass holes combined.

A small part of me wishes that

Lisa and Spike are there in the end and one of them wins it.

If this were to happen, maybe the judges would be more inclined to look at overall accomplishments when judging close competitions rather than letting

a fk like Lisa and a weasel like spike getting this far in the competition.

After all,

dale had more quickfire and elimination wins than those two ass holes combined.

Agreed. . they need to go roto next season.

From Ted Allen's blog:

We had no expectation that anybody would be upset about this decision. Remember, when we shoot TC, the judges don’t know anything about the story lines or dramas that are evolving among the contestants, nor do we know which chefs are popular with the fans -- and it’s fairer that way. We base our decisions on the food.

From Ted Allen's blog:

If that is accurate, how is

lisa still in this competition. She has set a record for being in the bottom three. She can't cook rice. She can't cook shrimp. She can't season. And her personality sucks. [i'm basing my opinion on her cooking ability by various criticism directed at her by the judges.

Another quote from Ted:

Again: We do not factor into our decisions who did great in last week’s episode, or the one before that. Neither does the NFL, American Idol, or the Illinois Lottery. What matters is who did best today. In other words, what have you cooked for us lately?

And some insight from LeAnn from Season 1, who works on the show now:

At Judges’ Table, it became a blame game between Lisa and Dale, both being equally at fault for the team’s failures. The laksa tasted like you were chewing on burnt wood. The butterscotch miso glaze was cloyingly sweet. The only real successes were the short ribs and the dumplings. Many would argue that Lisa should’ve gone home for both of her dishes being bad. The fact that Dale refused to take responsibility as the Executive Chef, the role he so eagerly deemed himself, and for Lisa’s mistakes, got him sent home. There have been cases in the past where the Exec can take responsibility and still send their sous-chef home (Season One and Season Two ring a bell?). Deliberation is the last chance you have to state your case, and if you can do it diplomatically, or at least intelligently, you may be able to save yourself. I think Dale was overconfident and in denial that he could be at fault for any of his team’s shortcomings. Competition is a strange thing, because Dale is one of the nicest, happy-go-lucky guys I’ve ever met … off-camera. Wildly talented, and certainly passionate, I have no doubt his emotional goodbye should let you all know he’s a little soft on the inside and just how much the competition meant to him.

I'm reading all this from the TC website, by the way, if anyone else is interested. :wacko:

Edited by budlitebrad