[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The next Ice Age

McBoog

Show me one example of Al Gore cowtowing to Big Oil.
But Occidental's funneling of money to the Gore family doesn't end there. In the sixties, the Gores discovered zinc ore near land they owned in Tennessee. Through a company subsidiary Hammer bought the land for $160,000--twice the amount offered by the only other bidder. He swiftly sold the land back to Al Gore Sr. and agreed to pay him $20,000 a year for mining rights. After receiving his first payment, Gore Sr. sold the land for $140,000 to Gore Jr., who has received a $20,000 check nearly every year since he acquired it. Strangest of all, Occidental has never actually mined the land. Al Jr.'s coffers swelled further in 1985 when he began leasing the land to Union Zinc, an Occidental competitor. (For a full account of the Gore-Occidental relationship, see The Buying of the President 2000 by Charles Lewis and the Center for Public Integrity.)

According to Neil Lyndon, who worked on Hammer's personal staff and ghosted his memoirs, Witness to History, the Occidental chieftain was as cozy with Gore Jr. as he was with Gore Sr. When he came to Washington, Hammer regularly met Gore for lunch or dinner. "They would often eat together in the company of Occidental's Washington lobbyists and fixers who, on Hammer's behest, hosed tens of millions of dollars in bribes and favours into the political world," Lyndon writes. Gore also hosted Hammer for Ronald Reagan's second inaugural and won him a prominent spot when George Bush was sworn in as President in 1989.

:wacko:

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

So AL Gore Sr. actually conducted business with an oil company? And Al Gore Jr inherited some of the proceeds from his fathers dealings? Big F'n deal. I dont see this could possible be interpreted as Gore Jr. being an "Oil Man". You still havent shown me one policy decision or even one vote that could be construed as paid for by oil. The article is more damming of Bill Richardson than it is of Gore. Not to mention the fact that this story is written by The Nation in an election year. :wacko:

So AL Gore Sr. actually conducted business with an oil company? And Al Gore Jr inherited some of the proceeds from his fathers dealings? Big F'n deal. I dont see this could possible be interpreted as Gore Jr. being an "Oil Man". You still havent shown me one policy decision or even one vote that could be construed as paid for by oil. The article is more damming of Bill Richardson than it is of Gore. Not to mention the fact that this story is written by The Nation in an election year. :wacko:

I originally meant Al Gore used a lot of sun tanning oil on his ever increasing girth when he went on vacation. :D

So AL Gore Sr. actually conducted business with an oil company? And Al Gore Jr inherited some of the proceeds from his fathers dealings? Big F'n deal. I dont see this could possible be interpreted as Gore Jr. being an "Oil Man". You still havent shown me one policy decision or even one vote that could be construed as paid for by oil. The article is more damming of Bill Richardson than it is of Gore. Not to mention the fact that this story is written by The Nation in an election year. :D

You forgot to make me define the word "is". :wacko:

I doubt anyone will find a smoking gun quid pro quo, even Al Gore isn't that stupid, but if it quacks like a duck........

You forgot to make me define the word "is". :wacko:

I doubt anyone will find a smoking gun quid pro quo, even Al Gore isn't that stupid, but if it quacks like a duck........

Driveby, I dig you. But I have absolutely no idea what tree you think you're barking up.

I think Al Gore is a fraud and a hypocrite.

Does that clear it up for everyone?

I get that you don't like him. But even if he is a hypocrite, that doesn't mean he's wrong. His environmental conclusions are widely accepted as correct within the scientific community.

I get that you don't like him. But even if he is a hypocrite, that doesn't mean he's wrong. His environmental conclusions are widely accepted as correct within the scientific community.

twisting facts again, lawyer.

Edited by dmarc117

When did global warming become a religion? It seems that any time that someone brings forward any evidence or opinion that is contrary to man being the cause of global warming the zealots start screaming heresy and a the mob forms?

Oops, I meant to high five bushwacked.

lol....prove your right, or you shut the hell up. you made the statement, show me facts supporting it.

The Associated Press contacted more than 100 climate researchers and questioned them about the veracity of An Inconvenient Truth. All 19 climate scientists who had seen the movie (the other 81 scientists had not seen the movie) said that Gore conveyed the science correctly.

- Borenstein, Seth. "Scientists OK Gore's Movie for Accuracy", Washington Post, June 27, 2006.

Now, shut yer pie hole, Gertrude.

Edited by yo mama

Gas should be minimum $10 a gallon so people will only drive when necessary and will encourage them to be fuel efficient.

That, and it keeps the poor people off the road in their pieces of underinsured crap cars.

Edited by TimC

The Associated Press contacted more than 100 climate researchers and questioned them about the veracity of An Inconvenient Truth. All 19 climate scientists who had seen the movie (the other 81 scientists had not seen the movie) said that Gore conveyed the science correctly.

- Borenstein, Seth. "Scientists OK Gore's Movie for Accuracy", Washington Post, June 27, 2006.

Now, shut yer pie hole, Gertrude.

Professor Bob Carter of the Marine Geophysical Laboratory at James Cook University, in Australia gives what, for many Canadians, is a surprising assessment: "Gore's circumstantial arguments are so weak that they are pathetic. It is simply incredible that they, and his film, are commanding public attention."

But surely Carter is merely part of what most people regard as a tiny cadre of "climate change skeptics" who disagree with the "vast majority of scientists" Gore cites?

No; Carter is one of hundreds of highly qualified non-governmental, non-industry, non-lobby group climate experts who contest the hypothesis that human emissions of carbon dioxide (CO2) are causing significant global climate change. "Climate experts" is the operative term here. Why? Because what Gore's "majority of scientists" think is immaterial when only a very small fraction of them actually work in the climate field.

overruled beyatch!!!

19?!?! nice study group!!!

When did global warming become a religion? It seems that any time that someone brings forward any evidence or opinion that is contrary to man being the cause of global warming the zealots start screaming heresy and a the mob forms?

Oops, I meant to high five bushwacked.

Well this thread isnt really about whether or not climate change is man made or not, but anyway. Environmentalism has been a religion longer than christianity. Native peoples were greatly tied to the land and knew intrinsically that our survival as a species was tied to a balance in nature. I think people like myself find it incredibly selfish that while we take the time to sort our recyclables, utilize public transport, boycott environmentallly harmfull foods and such, the "sceptics" just sit back and foul our efforts. Not to mention thet the "sceptics" try at every turn to belittle anyone that is concerned for the future of our species to mask thier own guilt over being wasters and polluters.

But then, you have the afterlife to look forward to right? This world is just transitory and the rapture will come any day and whisk you away to paradise so who cares what happens to the earth.

There is no doubt that electroc cars will work for many applications, the question is will they actually help reduce greenhouse gases. Obviously, they don't emit CO2, but the increased demand for juice from the grid will increase the output from our primarily coal, NG and oil burning power plants.

Even coal power plants are far more efficient at converting to energy than a car's engine. Going from gasoline to coal would be an immediate benefit.

Well this thread isnt really about whether or not climate change is man made or not, but anyway. Environmentalism has been a religion longer than christianity. Native peoples were greatly tied to the land and knew intrinsically that our survival as a species was tied to a balance in nature. I think people like myself find it incredibly selfish that while we take the time to sort our recyclables, utilize public transport, boycott environmentallly harmfull foods and such, the "sceptics" just sit back and foul our efforts. Not to mention thet the "sceptics" try at every turn to belittle anyone that is concerned for the future of our species to mask thier own guilt over being wasters and polluters.

But then, you have the afterlife to look forward to right? This world is just transitory and the rapture will come any day and whisk you away to paradise so who cares what happens to the earth.

This world is not my home. It's just a temporary stop. I am not "skeptical" about that at all. I enjoy recyclers. I expect to be recycled myself some day. I have already made plans for some of my ashes to be loaded into shotgun shells so my boys can take me turkey hunting one more time. "Gett'em Dad!"

:wacko:

In the mean while I will attempt to be as good a person as my dogs think I am. :D