[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Those going to WCOFF

Bier Meister

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the restaurants, I am open for anything. I also, either for this or in addition to this, would not mind hitting up a decent steakhouse.

I also don't mind the buffett at South Point for a post draft meal, though a celebratory porterhouse would not be bad.

For the restaurants, I am open for anything. I also, either for this or in addition to this, would not mind hitting up a decent steakhouse.

I also don't mind the buffett at South Point for a post draft meal, though a celebratory porterhouse would not be bad.

I'm up for a steakhouse too.

Do you know for certain that WCOFF will be held at the Southpoint again?

I hope not.

From WCOFF officials:

Gentlemen,

I am as anxious anyone to tell you the specifics about the 2008 event. We are in the final stages with a couple of venues in particular (who do read our message board). Thus, please understand my desire not to comment on the hotel at the moment. We will have an announcement in short-order, but I dont want to do anything to decrease our leverage at this moment.

Jesse

Edited by twiley

Do you know for certain that WCOFF will be held at the Southpoint again?

They make it look so nice on that Poker After Dark or whatever show they host there. I didn't mind it a whole lot once we got there, but it would be nice if it wasn't in the middle of the desert.

They make it look so nice on that Poker After Dark or whatever show they host there. I didn't mind it a whole lot once we got there, but it would be nice if it wasn't in the middle of the desert.

It was definitely a nice place but it was out in the middle of nowhere. I just read on the WCOFF MB that they are going to announce some details this Monday. My guess is that it will be somewhere closer.

Nice place and I liked how beers were cheap (off-strip prices). But I'm sure you weren't happy to pay for a $40 cab ride to make $100+ for your time moderating the draft.

Nice place and I liked how beers were cheap (off-strip prices). But I'm sure you weren't happy to pay for a $40 cab ride to make $100+ for your time moderating the draft.

I'm sure the $40 would have found its way into the Nevada economy regardless.

• 2 weeks later...
aureole: menu

nobhill

brennan's menu

le cirque= menu

bouchon menu

postrio menu

rm seafood - having trouble linking menu

fleur de lys- having trouble linking menu

craftsteak

Le Cirque was fantastic when I went there many years ago... I consistently hear good things about Aureole.

Edited by TDFFFreak

• 1 month later...
I'm probably game, but honestly, my tastes are pretty picky :wacko: so I probably wouldn't want to drop a lot of coin on food I only mildly enjoyed. I'll track the thread to see what y'all come up with, though.

Same here. Bier would know better if there is something on the menu i can handle.

I'm probably game, but honestly, my tastes are pretty picky :D so I probably wouldn't want to drop a lot of coin on food I only mildly enjoyed. I'll track the thread to see what y'all come up with, though.

Looks like we're going to the Burger Bar. :wacko:

Looks like we're going to the Burger Bar. :wacko:

Have you al leaten there? That place makes mean burgers. Eaten there twice now, and very delicious both times. Now, I have not yet gone for the $75 Kobe Beef with Foie Gras and Truffles burger, but if I am up early in the trip and we go, who knows.

Have you al leaten there? That place makes mean burgers. Eaten there twice now, and very delicious both times. Now, I have not yet gone for the $75 Kobe Beef with Foie Gras and Truffles burger, but if I am up early in the trip and we go, who knows.

Yes, there's one in St. Louis now. It's pretty mainstream and I know that no one would have any issues eating there.

Yes, there's one in St. Louis now. It's pretty mainstream and I know that no one would have any issues eating there.

It is based on quality burgers and good beers..... is there anything more perfect? Well, yes, but that costs extra and they'd need to raise the tables a few extra inches, but I digress.

Hey fellas. I MAY be joing in the festivities this year. Trying to piggyback WCOFF weekend with a business trip to Santa Monica. No team for me though (maybe I'll help out at the draft if asked), but just a chance to get together with you all.

KYP! :wacko:

Hey fellas. I MAY be joing in the festivities this year. Trying to piggyback WCOFF weekend with a business trip to Santa Monica. No team for me though (maybe I'll help out at the draft if asked), but just a chance to get together with you all.

KYP! :wacko:

They pay $100 for people to help facilitate the draft (keep time, paste the names on the board and make sure rules are adhered to). There are 2 facilitators per league and they have been looking for those who can do that.