[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Those going to WCOFF

Bier Meister

Hey fellas. I MAY be joing in the festivities this year. Trying to piggyback WCOFF weekend with a business trip to Santa Monica. No team for me though (maybe I'll help out at the draft if asked), but just a chance to get together with you all.

KYP! :wacko:

The great thing about WCOFF is that you don't need a team to have a kickass time.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They pay $100 for people to help facilitate the draft (keep time, paste the names on the board and make sure rules are adhered to). There are 2 facilitators per league and they have been looking for those who can do that.

Sweet...I'd have done it for free! If I know that I am coming for sure I will reach oot to the folks at WCOFF. If you have a contact and are OK sharing it, please send me a PM BJ.

:wacko:

Sweet...I'd have done it for free! If I know that I am coming for sure I will reach oot to the folks at WCOFF. If you have a contact and are OK sharing it, please send me a PM BJ.

:wacko:

PM sent

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly, those are some scary prices on the menu. It's a pretty good idea, but are we sure we need super-fancy food to have a good time with the type of people who make up our group? I'd elect to go somewhere a step below the "fine dining" establishments -- somewhere we can be a little bit obnoxious without getting chastised by our server. :wacko:

I'll see if I can contribute any suggestions...

Honestly, those are some scary prices on the menu. It's a pretty good idea, but are we sure we need super-fancy food to have a good time with the type of people who make up our group? I'd elect to go somewhere a step below the "fine dining" establishments -- somewhere we can be a little bit obnoxious without getting chastised by our server. :wacko:

I'll see if I can contribute any suggestions...

That's a good idea. Bier and I have been discussing this and we may try and organize a more formal dining experience for another day.

i still say hoffbrauhaus is a good gathering spot... i mean, it's designed for large groups focused on drinking a lot of bier. now, i understand that i happen to like german food and the rest of the world may not.... so not necesarily suggesting this as our "dinner" unless we all get lazy and don't want to go anywhere else.

i still say hoffbrauhaus is a good gathering spot... i mean, it's designed for large groups focused on drinking a lot of bier. now, i understand that i happen to like german food and the rest of the world may not.... so not necesarily suggesting this as our "dinner" unless we all get lazy and don't want to go anywhere else.

Their menu looks pretty good... even those that don't like traditional German fare would probably be OK there. I'd be fine with going there for a big get-together lunch or dinner.

I'm TOTALLY on board with the Hofbrauhaus idea. I grew up eating German food, and I'm sure the beer will be satisfactory. :wacko:

I only have two questions...

-- Would dinner at the Hofbrauhaus be Friday or Saturday?

-- I'm assuming the Hofbrauhaus doesn't have a bunch of TVs and Sunday Ticket...If it does, are we considering it for Sunday festivities, too?

I'm TOTALLY on board with the Hofbrauhaus idea. I grew up eating German food, and I'm sure the beer will be satisfactory. :D

I only have two questions...

-- Would dinner at the Hofbrauhaus be Friday or Saturday?

i am game for either, or :wacko: both, i know rr is not free on friday... and i am not sure of wcoff's itinerary (don't know who is attending what)

-- I'm assuming the Hofbrauhaus doesn't have a bunch of TVs and Sunday Ticket...If it does, are we considering it for Sunday festivities, too?

unsure, but i am sure a phone call can give us some answers

My preference would be to do this on Saturday night. My reasoning is that, unlike twiley, those of us drafting may want to stay relatively sober and call it a fairly early night on Friday as IIRC the draft kicks off at 10am, which is early in Vegas time, where as after the draft on Saturday, we can be more free to imbibe without reservation.

My preference would be to do this on Saturday night. My reasoning is that, unlike twiley, those of us drafting may want to stay relatively sober and call it a fairly early night on Friday as IIRC the draft kicks off at 10am, which is early in Vegas time, where as after the draft on Saturday, we can be more free to imbibe without reservation.

Like I said, early if you live on the West Coast. My body will already think it's noon so I'm not worried.

All other things equal, I agree with this.

Hey, BC -- you're not going to "get lost" in a strip club for an hour this time, are you? Or was that sooo 2005? :wacko:

All other things equal, I agree with this.

Hey, BC -- you're not going to "get lost" in a strip club for an hour this time, are you? Or was that sooo 2005? :wacko:

I can think of worse places to "get lost". But, I "plan" to be on my best behavior.