[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Orleans

juanruiz13

Did anyone mention a muffelatta at Central Grocery? If not, shame on all of us because that is one effing delicious sammy.

Drink a sazerac from good bar. That means, if you have to scream your order to the bartender, you're in the wrong bar for a sazerac, because it's a drink you have to make, not just pour. But it's an effing delicious drink.

Did anyone mention a muffelatta at Central Grocery? If not, shame on all of us because that is one effing delicious sammy.

Drink a sazerac from good bar. That means, if you have to scream your order to the bartender, you're in the wrong bar for a sazerac, because it's a drink you have to make, not just pour. But it's an effing delicious drink.

+1 on everything det said . .

I'll be attending a BP in New Orleans over the weekend, and have been using this topic as a pretty good guide on what to eat and see while there. I think Friday night we'll be getting bloody mary's at Igors, eating dinner at Pat O's (hurricanes too), taking in the sights at Rick's, maybe playing some cards at Harrah's. Saturday brunch at Cafe Du Monde, lunch at Port of Call (with a monsoon). We'll be leaving in the evening, but not sure how late.

My reason for bumping this topic is to ask if there might be something more worth doing than what we have tentatively planned? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Get yourself a hand grenade at one of the Tropical Isles bars on Bourbon.

if i were going, i'd target one of john besh's restaurants.

Amen. August is his flagship restaurant and is worth every penny. If you have a car, La Provence across the lake is awesome as well.

Now, the hotspots are Bayona, Cochon / Herbsaint, Cuvee, Central Grocery

Go to Commanders for the experience, but there's better food in the city.

and right nearby is Coop's Place, best Jambalaya in the quarter. get the supreme: rabbit, oysters, crawfish and a bunch o random stuff, mmmmmm

All great suggestions, if you truly want a hidden gem of a Po Boy - go to Domeliese's but I'm not sure if they've reopened yet since that bitch Katrina hit town and ran a few years back.

I'd skip the Zephyrs game and spend a short time at Harrahs - plenty more to see in The Big Easy.

Never ate there but this place was on a Food Network show last night (The Best Thing I Ever Ate). Shrimp Po Boy looked awesome!

Never ate there but this place was on a Food Network show last night (The Best Thing I Ever Ate). Shrimp Po Boy looked awesome!

they are fantastic. that is where my my friend would take us. addictive. that would be on my hit list as well............ just remember it wasn't necessarily convenient.

they are fantastic. that is where my my friend would take us. addictive. that would be on my hit list as well............ just remember it wasn't necessarily convenient.

very convenient right by audubon park and the roast beef is the bomb. and yes they are now opened.

Check out larry flint's Hustler club. Be aware all the good talent in the south if she is hot heads over to LA or NTC. Remember a Lousiana 9 is an LA 5 (thats with sober eyes)

Check out larry flint's Hustler club. Be aware all the good talent in the south if she is hot heads over to LA or NTC. Remember a Lousiana 9 is an LA 5 (thats with sober eyes)

Louisiana 9's don't dance in strip clubs. :wacko: I'm just sayin.

if i were going, i'd target one of john besh's restaurants.

Looking at August next time we're down. We've done Luke a couple times and it was quite tasty.

Go to Commanders for the experience, but there's better food in the city.

There may be food "as good" in the city. But in countless trips down there, I've not found any food that's "better." Commander's is about as good as it gets anywhere. :wacko: