[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy baseball predictions

whomper

Not that I'm a rocket surgeon or anything, but my strategy almost invariably is to go hitter-pitcher all the way through the draft. We have inning requirements though too, so even the setup guys get picked up.

Chris Duncan will be in the top-5 in HRs this season. And he'll top 100 RBI.

Hmph. Contrary to what I read just about everywhere, Duncan sat against a lefty today and looks to only start vs. righties. Some scrub named Schumaker (granted, he is a fellow Gaucho) got the start in LF and led off. Looks like he'll do the leading off against righties as well, but will be in RF.

Duncan still has plenty of pop and will hopefully start hitting lefties better.

LOS ANGELES -- Andre Ethier won the Dodgers' starting left-field job from veteran Juan Pierre and will start Opening Day vs. the Giants on Monday, Los Angeles manager Joe Torre announced Sunday.

"I just feel I want to start that way and see," said Torre. "He had an outstanding spring. Sometimes you don't make enough of Spring Training, sometimes you make too much of it. I'm curious. I want to see more. He's had a number of home runs, he's hit off left-handers and right-handers."

:D

0-4 today. :wacko:

• 1 year later...

You gotta love Ryan Spilborghs getting the full load in CF this year for the Rockies....I can see this guy hitting 20-30 homeruns with a .300 + BA and 100 RBI's....He is a big time steal in any fantasy league this year.

I also like Jay Bruce....He looked like a stone cold stud last year comming out the gates....He finished with 21 homeruns 52 RBI's .250 BA....I think he can be one of the top fantasy OF's this year if he can become more patient at the plate and reduce his strikeouts...Easily a 30 HR hitter.

You gotta love Ryan Spilborghs getting the full load in CF this year for the Rockies....I can see this guy hitting 20-30 homeruns with a .300 + BA and 100 RBI's....He is a big time steal in any fantasy league this year.

I also like Jay Bruce....He looked like a stone cold stud last year comming out the gates....He finished with 21 homeruns 52 RBI's .250 BA....I think he can be one of the top fantasy OF's this year if he can become more patient at the plate and reduce his strikeouts...Easily a 30 HR hitter.

Got Spilborghs in my deep league in a late round. . .can't see him getting 100 RBI's from the leadoff spot (if that's where he's going to wind up).

Also got Bruce in a shallow league. . .secksy!!

I picked up Nelson Cruz in one of my league and I'm extremely happy with the results so far. :wacko: Hitting in the middle of a solid Rangers lineup, he might put up big numbers.

• 3 months later...
We had a thread like this last year. lets see some bold predictions in here.

I think Michael Bourn of the astros is going to shoot up peoples draft boards in the OF next year. Should be a great source of sbs and if he gets playing time runs as well. The OF is a little crowded but if he gets consistent lead off time he will produce.

I was a year early on Bourn. While he isnt a stud he certainly is becoming a very solid fantasy baseball OF

AB R HR RBI BB KO SB BA

332 57 3 25 38 72 32 0.2861