[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

English Premier League

Miner

Anyone else follow this? These last eight weeks are going to be great. A three horse race for the title and a handful of teams fighting relegation.

Didi anyone catch the Spurs/Chel$ki match on Wednesday?? One of the best matches I have ever seen. As a Spurs supporter I'm happy with the draw, but Berbatov was soooo close to winning it in the last seconds.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else follow this? These last eight weeks are going to be great. A three horse race for the title and a handful of teams fighting relegation.

Didi anyone catch the Spurs/Chel$ki match on Wednesday?? One of the best matches I have ever seen. As a Spurs supporter I'm happy with the draw, but Berbatov was soooo close to winning it in the last seconds.

Huge fan here. If United can beat Liverpool this weekend and Arsenal don't beat Chelsea, it could all be over. The relegation battle is just as interesting, as is the presence of four English sides in the last eight of the Champions League.

Huge fan here. If United can beat Liverpool this weekend and Arsenal don't beat Chelsea, it could all be over. The relegation battle is just as interesting, as is the presence of four English sides in the last eight of the Champions League.

Looking forward to the Champions League....ManU has a tough tie with Roma, who are playing very well and are looking for revenge after last year's thrashing. Arsenal play L'pool 3 times in something like 9 days (2 Champions league matches and a League game sandwiched in between) so that should be interesting. Chelsea should handle Fenerbache somewhat easily (so I hear, never seen them play).

I have the Fulham v. Newcastle tie TIVOing now. With the big American presence on Fulham, I'm hoping they'll be able to pull themselves out of the relegation zone.

I wish I followed it more closely (well, I do have it on the TV right now). My family is all from England. A couple of cousins root for Arsenal, one roots for Tottenham, my grandfather grew up in and was a big fan of Portsmouth and my Dad has been a fan of Crystal Palace, even though they have not been in the top division for a while now.

Arsenal fan here! I'm concerned with the fact they haven't won a premiership match for over a month, but nevertheless, when the big 4 square off, it is epic.

The FA Cup results from two weeks ago, when ManU, Chelsea, Middlesborough, and Bristol were all defeated in the quarterfinals, leaving 3 2nd division clubs in the semis was quite exciting, but I'll admit, leaves the matchups of West Brom/Portsmouth and Barnsley/Cardiff City a little bereft of sexiness.

And regarding Fulham, I won't get into the details of the match today, but there's a lot of speculation that the Americans (especially Keller and McBride) are returning to the mainland this summer as there's likely to be a fire sale, which is too bad because it's been nice to see a top division club put up to four yanks on the pitch at the same time.

Arsenal - Chelsea is on Fox Soccer Channel Sunday but the United - Liverpool game must be on Setanta, which isn't on cable. :wacko:

yep, it's on Setanta. If your interested, I can give you a website that enables you to watch live matches.

yep, it's on Setanta. If your interested, I can give you a website that enables you to watch live matches.

Saw this too late......15 minutes to go and United are 1-0 in front with Liverpool down to 10 men.

Edit: Two goals in less than a minute and it's 3-0 United. Three points in the bag and Arsenal absolutely have to win later against Chelsea. :wacko:

Edited by Ursa Majoris

Bummer for you today............

When Drogba scores for Chelsea, I get to say "Cote d'Ivoire" in a French accent, which is always fun.

6 points behind with 7 to go is not a good spot, but they have a shot @ Man U 4/13, and have 4 matches against the bottom 5 teams to close out the year. Makes it difficult for them to lose a match between now and the end of the year. Would seem they need some help.

Interesting to note that Arsenal plays Liverpool 3 times next week, 2 Champ League matchups and their regular fixture.

When Drogba scores for Chelsea, I get to say "Cote d'Ivoire" in a French accent, which is always fun.

6 points behind with 7 to go is not a good spot, but they have a shot @ Man U 4/13, and have 4 matches against the bottom 5 teams to close out the year. Makes it difficult for them to lose a match between now and the end of the year. Would seem they need some help.

Interesting to note that Arsenal plays Liverpool 3 times next week, 2 Champ League matchups and their regular fixture.

That game today was a bit of a barnstormer. Man U have the Arse at home but also have to visit with Chelsea so it's not over yet though being 5 points in front might well mean they only need one point from those two games to seal it, given their goal difference advantage and assuming they win their other 5 games.

I'll guarantee that the 3 games between Arsenal and Liverpool start with 66 players total but won't finish with 66. By match #3 they're going to hate each other.

Saw this too late......15 minutes to go and United are 1-0 in front with Liverpool down to 10 men.

Edit: Two goals in less than a minute and it's 3-0 United. Three points in the bag and Arsenal absolutely have to win later against Chelsea. :D

ManU totally dominated the match start to finish. Liverpool didn't show up. Macherano is an idiot.....with all the "respect for the referees" talk thats been going on lately, he was a fool to keep constantly yapping at the ref. He deserved his red card.

And with Liverpool losing, Everton lost a golden opportunity draw even in the standings with L'pool. They should have buried West Ham but only came away with a draw.

And although my Spurs have nothing to play for, they come up with a good victory against Pompey, 2-0. :wacko:

Edited by Miner

United, Chelsea and Arsenal all win this week so nothing is changed. United destroyed Aston Villa 4-0 (Villa actually played quite well, United were just scintillating) but the other two scraped home, Arsenal coming back from two down with only 10 men to win 2-3.

Liverpool now have a strong hold on the 4 spot with a 1-0 win against Everton. I was hoping Everton could take the Champions league spot, but it doesn't look like that will happen.

And it definitely looks like Fulham are going down. What a pathetic performance against Derby. They still have a favorable schedule, but they just don't seem to have the talent. Hopefully, Dempsey et al, will get sold to a Premiership team. We need our national team players playing against top flight competition.

My Spurs put up a terrible performance today, 4-1 loss to Newcastle. :wacko: Granted they have nothing to play for and are looking at players for next year, but I still expected a better effort than what was there.

Champions League play starts Tuesday!

Doesn't look like anyone can stop Man U these days. And Ronaldo is a flat out stud. I don't see anyone beating them in the Champions league and they pretty much have the Premiership locked up.

Doesn't look like anyone can stop Man U these days. And Ronaldo is a flat out stud. I don't see anyone beating them in the Champions league and they pretty much have the Premiership locked up.

Not as locked up as it was. Results from this weekend:

Middlesbrough 2 Man U 2

Arsenal 1 Liverpool 1

Man City 0 Chelsea 2

That leaves Chelsea only 3 points behind Man U and Man U still have to visit Chelsea. If they lose there (and Chelsea haven't been beaten at home for 4 years) then United will have to win all their other games including the home game to Arsenal.

Not over yet.

This Arsenal-Liverpool matchup is great football....Arsenal tied it 2-2 with 6 minutes left (and would ahve advanced with more away goals), but Liverpool responded with a goal two minutes later...2 minutes left in the game, 3-2 LFC!

Edit: With Arsenal pushing ahead desperately, Liverpool adds another in extra-time...4-2 Liverpool!

been a fan of Liverpool since the the John Toshak/Kevin Keegan days of the 70's....nice to have found this thread!

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

This Arsenal-Liverpool matchup is great football....Arsenal tied it 2-2 with 6 minutes left (and would ahve advanced with more away goals), but Liverpool responded with a goal two minutes later...2 minutes left in the game, 3-2 LFC!

Edit: With Arsenal pushing ahead desperately, Liverpool adds another in extra-time...4-2 Liverpool!

been a fan of Liverpool since the the John Toshak/Kevin Keegan days of the 70's....nice to have found this thread!

Liverpool got a gift with that penalty kick. There was no way that was a foul, especially considering the no call Arsenal got screwed with in the first leg. All is fine with me though, I'm glad the Gooner scum lost. No hardware for Arsenal this season!! :wacko:

Another hugh weekend in the EPL.

Man U vs Arsenal (on FSC at 10:00 Central)

Chelsea vs Wigan on Monday

Chelsea will surely win their game, which means United really have to beat Arsenal on Sunday, though a draw wouldn't be a total disaster. Defeat would be though.

United - Arsenal was a pulsating game. Eight yellow cards, a penalty, an awesome free kick goal and a comeback win for United 2-1. :wacko:

United didn't play well at all but Arsenal failed to take the chances they had and paid the price in the end.

United - Arsenal was a pulsating game. Eight yellow cards, a penalty, an awesome free kick goal and a comeback win for United 2-1. :D

United didn't play well at all but Arsenal failed to take the chances they had and paid the price in the end.

It was a great match. Nice work, United. :wacko: