[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

English Premier League

Miner

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy $hit..Chelsea and Wigan draw 1-1. :wacko: Wigan scores the equalizer in the 92nd minute.

:D:D:brew::D:Dyawn::lol::):D:lol::lol::bash:

If Chelsea fail to beat Everton away on Thursday night (God knows why they're playing then), the title will be FedExed to Old Trafford, pretty much.

I'm in a pool at work and need to pick the UEFA Champions League winners.

Barca v Man U; and

Chelsea v Liverpool.

I guess I'm leaning towards Man U and Liverpool advancing, but would appreciate some thoughts by those that actually have been watching.......

Who wins and moves on?

Thanks.

I'm in a pool at work and need to pick the UEFA Champions League winners.

Barca v Man U; and

Chelsea v Liverpool.

I guess I'm leaning towards Man U and Liverpool advancing, but would appreciate some thoughts by those that actually have been watching.......

Who wins and moves on?

Thanks.

Its a tough call.

Man U v Barca: Leaning towards United. Right now they're the best team in Europe with the best player in the world. Barca is stacked, though, and Messi is back so it won't be easy.

Chel$ki v L'pool: This one is difficult to call. L'pool have had Chelsea's number in recent CL play, but the difference this year is that the 2nd leg is at Stamford Bridge, where Chelsea haven't lost in something like 79 matches. For that reason only I would lean towards Chelsea, BUT I could definitley see L'pool pulling it out also.

1-0 Man U

Great game, the tension was almost unbearable. I watched it live in HD because I'm off work right now. Sets up an all-English final in Moscow against either Chelsea or Liverpool, who play tonight.

In the EPL, Chelsea beating Man U at the weekend set up a heck of a finish. Assuming Chelsea win their last two, United will need to win both theirs to take the title on goal difference.

• 2 weeks later...

And on the last weekend of the season with Chelsea and Manchester United level on points, United win 2-0 away at Wigan while Chelsea conceded a very late goal to draw 1-1 at home with Bolton.

Title to United! :wacko::D:D:brew::D:Dyawn::lol::):D:lol::lol::bash::bash::bash::lol:

It's next week.

Yes, thank you for letting me know after I went to lunch. That was an exceptional "Outside the Lines" episode with the sound down on the HD though. That Bob Lee....sizzle!

Poor John Terry.....just crushing.

It's a very cruel game. Terry is the last one to deserve that to happen to him after all he's done for Chelsea. Score and win the trophy, miss and the shootout goes on. Horrible for him.

United were lucky in a way but on the balance of play they maybe just shaded it.

In any case, on the 50th anniversary of the Munich air disaster that destroyed their team, Manchester United are Champions of Europe again. :wacko::D:D:brew::D:Dyawn::lol::):D:lol::lol::bash::bash::bash::lol::lol::lol:

Great match. My jaw dropped when Ronaldo missed his penalty, I thought they were sunk for sure. Glad to see Chelski screw it up.

Can't wait for next season. :wacko:

Yes for the return of LIVERPOOL!

Hopefully Hicks gives Rafa the money he needs. The only thing that keeps them from contending for the title is depth.

My jaw dropped when Ronaldo missed his penalty, I thought they were sunk for sure. Glad to see Chelski screw it up.

Ronaldo deserved to miss his penalty with that crap, Terry did not.

Edited by justin

Ronaldo deserved to miss his penalty with that crap, Terry did not.

John Terry is an a-hole, I don't feel sorry for him.

In the immediate aftermath of September 11, 2001, he and Chelsea team-mates Frank Lampard, Eidur Gudjohnsen and Jody Morris were accused of drunkenly mocking American tourists at Heathrow, stripping naked, laughing and vomiting.

Link

Edited by Miner

• 2 weeks later...

I admit I know next to nothing about organized soccer. However, I was in my hotel bar in Amsterdam during the title match. Everyone was glued to the TV. I watched the entire game and it was pretty cool because of the anxiety I felt in the air. I'd say it was 50/50 for M.U. and Chelsea. The locals were happy that United won as the goalie is apparently Dutch. :wacko:

Cool experience that I walked into accidentally (if you can consider me seeking out alcohol an accident).