[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sweet 16

Randall

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....will get run off the court by Georgetown.

Shouldn't they beat Davidson first? :wacko:

I like Georgetown, have them winning that game but the Badgers play defense too well to get run off the court.

I am going to the games at Ford Field on Friday. They are the worse games of the next round based on seedings, #3 Wisconsin v. #10 Davidson and #1 Kansas v. #12 Villanova.

I think I've adopted Davidson as my underdog to root for the rest of the tourney.

I am going to the games at Ford Field on Friday. They are the worse games of the next round based on seedings, #3 Wisconsin v. #10 Davidson and #1 Kansas v. #12 Villanova.

I think I've adopted Davidson as my underdog to root for the rest of the tourney.

Boy, if 'Nova can some how get past Kansas, it's looking good for them to make it to the Final 4. BIG if though...

Still tied up between the East and West coast teams.

Pac 10 - 3

Big East - 3

Big 10 - 2

Big 12 - 2

ACC - 1

SEC - 1

Judging by how UNC looks, ACC may only have 1 of 16 now, but they're gonna have 1 of 8, then 1 of 4, then 1 of 2, and then 1 of 1.

Obviously there's plenty of basketball to play but they're looking as good as they have all year. Ty Lawson is finally 100% for the first time in a long time and they can just keep running bodies at you so they never get tired. If they can continue getting the kind of production they've been getting from the 4 (which, along with Lawson's health was really their only question mark coming into the tourney) they're going to be very hard to beat.

I mean, last night was a joke. It's one thing to run a 16 off the court but...

Judging by how UNC looks, ACC may only have 1 of 16 now, but they're gonna have 1 of 8, then 1 of 4, then 1 of 2, and then 1 of 1.

Obviously there's plenty of basketball to play but they're looking as good as they have all year. Ty Lawson is finally 100% for the first time in a long time and they can just keep running bodies at you so they never get tired. If they can continue getting the kind of production they've been getting from the 4 (which, along with Lawson's health was really their only question mark coming into the tourney) they're going to be very hard to beat.

I mean, last night was a joke. It's one thing to run a 16 off the court but...

Well luckily we get to see them play a team with some defense in the next round. The line is 7.5, so I'd still take UNC.

Boy, if 'Nova can some how get past Kansas, it's looking good for them to make it to the Final 4. BIG if though...

I had them loosing to Clemson.... :brew: as I didn't ask the advice of my ACC buddy and bought into the Clemson hype.

I'm hoping that my Cats at least make it interesting. This bodes well for next year if Reynolds stays.

I love March Madness.. :wacko::D:D

I had them loosing to Clemson.... :brew: as I didn't ask the advice of my ACC buddy and bought into the Clemson hype.

I'm hoping that my Cats at least make it interesting. This bodes well for next year if Reynolds stays.

I love March Madness.. :wacko::D:D

Y'know, betting with the head is better than betting with the heart most of the time. It worked against you this time, but at least you can enjoy the Cats still playing in the sweet 16.

Really looking forward to the WSU/UNC game- gonna be a tough one for the Cougs but I think they can keep it close.

WSU does an excellent job of mucking it up and making things very difficult on offense- if they can repeat their performance from the ND game, this could be good..........

UNC hasn't played a defense like this in the ACC so they could be in for a surprise, WSU will make Dook look like a 6th grade girls team.

Really looking forward to the WSU/UNC game- gonna be a tough one for the Cougs but I think they can keep it close.

WSU does an excellent job of mucking it up and making things very difficult on offense- if they can repeat their performance from the ND game, this could be good..........

UNC hasn't played a defense like this in the ACC so they could be in for a surprise, WSU will make Dook look like a 6th grade girls team.

Oh, I think UNC has seen a decent D or 2 this year. :wacko: As I understand it, WSU likes to pack it in and doesn't deny the passing lanes. Can't say that sounds too intimidating. If Ellington and Green have their shooting touch tonight, it could be a breeze. What really concerns me is UNC's patience on the defensive end. WSU is going to use every bit of the 35 second clock to get their shot and it will take some maturity and effort to maintain their D for that long each possession, all game long. That being said, WSU must hit some shots to keep it close. Otherwise the Heels are going to clean up on the glass and run all over the Cougars. No doubt the Heels won;t make it to 100 tonight, but their halfcourt offense is much improved and with Thompson and Steveson playing well, it will be hard to deny the Heels inside or out.

it is gonna be a tough task, no question- and the Heels are rolling so I think the first 10 minutes are crucial - it could get away from them. I think the key is also gonna be transition D for WSU- they should be able to D up well in the half court- against the Heels break, that is gonna be tough.

Has UNC played a D this tough? doubtful- they are 2nd in the nation in pp/game allowed- for the most part the ACC was soft as hell this year.

and this was in the Pac 10 that has some pretty potent offensive clubs- their D is a GRINDER.

They absolutely shut down a pretty potent ND offense completely.

Yer right thiugh- UA beat them 2x this year- all on the perimeter so if Ellington and Green are hitting...........

Edited by wildcat2334

Oh, I think UNC has seen a decent D or 2 this year. :wacko: As I understand it, WSU likes to pack it in and doesn't deny the passing lanes. Can't say that sounds too intimidating. If Ellington and Green have their shooting touch tonight, it could be a breeze. What really concerns me is UNC's patience on the defensive end. WSU is going to use every bit of the 35 second clock to get their shot and it will take some maturity and effort to maintain their D for that long each possession, all game long. That being said, WSU must hit some shots to keep it close. Otherwise the Heels are going to clean up on the glass and run all over the Cougars. No doubt the Heels won;t make it to 100 tonight, but their halfcourt offense is much improved and with Thompson and Steveson playing well, it will be hard to deny the Heels inside or out.

Guarantee that the only breeze the Heels will be feeling tonight is the breeze when they walk home. WSU is too sound defensively for Carolina to "run over" them as you say. I think this one will be closer than you boys down South think, even playing in your own backyard. The transition will be the key, if this turns into a half court game, you're in for a surprise.

I'm pumped for this game. I didn't like WAZZU's chances going into this tournament for advancing to the Elite 8, but the manner they manhandled ND gives me hope. Obviously NC is a tougher task, and I'll admit I haven't watched them play much this year. Will NC have a tough time adjusting to the slow down team D style? I don't know, but I just like the chances of this game being close.

Forgot WSU's head coach is Tony Bennett. I used to watch him in college at UW Green Bay. He played for his father and Dick Bennett always had teams that played larger than their talent. This team looks like they can also beat teams with better players through discipline and game plan.

Patience is key. Should be a good game.