[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New California Law Goes Into Effect July 2008

Controller

Starting July 1, 2008, California drivers MUST have hands-free cell phone equipment or face stiff fines.

Anyone using a hands free device that they actually like?

Feel free to vent on whether talking on cell while driving should be allowed or not, however I'm just looking for input on which devices work best. Bluetooth? Earpieces?

I have a Jabra bluetooth headset, I like it a lot. It's pretty comfortable and picks up less wind noise than the Motorola ones.

I went w/ these LG BT.....

I can't stand ear buds. I bought them mainly for the MP3 player on my phone, but they work for calls also, and put the music on hold whilst talking. I think I paid ~$69 at Verizon, but could have gotten for less elsewhere. They paired up w/ my phone and puter on the first try. Next I want to pair them w/ the PS3.

Guest Chappy

Sorry, I don't have any useful info on hands-free devices to use while driving. However, I definitely think it's a great idea that people not use their cell phone while driving. Have I done it? Sure but I've seen or heard far too many horror stories about accidents that happen because of someone talking on their cell phone. My buddy sent me an email the other day with a story and photos of a guy who got killed because he was busy talking or texting and he drove head on into an 18-wheeler. Wasn't pretty. :wacko: